Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2017, 22:56   #2581
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
I am afraid but my BIL says it seemed to be a manufacturing defect of that line and the Servicing fellas were never able to fix the thing but gave the same advice as yours- change the clutch system for 35-40k

Even though the problem was sporadic, So my BIL sold it off !
Apparently there was a problem with the clutch slave cylinders that would cause the clutches to wear out. Seems like Hyundai vehicles have had huge clutch issues
Old 28th October 2017, 23:07   #2582
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay.Hemmady View Post
I am looking to purchase a new horn (similar to that of Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, etc.) for my Verna. I am specifically looking for information on :
Quote:
1. What are such type of horns (BMW, Mercedes, etc.) called ?
Looking at the pictures, they are trumpet horns which are found in most of the german cars. The VAG/Skodas must be having a different tone than the Mercedes/BMWs but both are the same type.

Quote:
2. What is the price range roughly for the same ?
Anything upwards of 5000 rupees going by the online prices, I don't know if the prices are for a single trumpet horn or a pair.

Quote:
3. Can it be installed straight away (without a relay), similar to the stock horn mechanism ?
I doubt the connectors will be the same for your car, some wire will need to be cut/spliced. It is advised to add a seperate relay with a wiring kit for an aftermarket horn. Aftermarket horns like these usually need more power than the OEM horns, also the specs(ampere ratings) of the OEM horn are not always available and so we never know how much current the factory fitted wires and relay can take. To be on the safer side you should get a seperate wire harness from the battery to your new horns, this way even if something goes wrong, you just have to change that additional wiring and not the factory wires. If the factory wires/relay fry then it's very expensive to replace.

Quote:
4. A decent vendor from where I can purchase the same (preferably online).
A quick google search got me the below options :
1. Mercedes OEM horn - Amazon.com
2. Mercedes OEM horn - Ebay.com
3. BMW OEM horn - Amazon.com

These are all international sites, but I'm sure some spare parts shop will get you the Mercedes/ BMW India's OEM horns, just ask around.

Last edited by OSH : 28th October 2017 at 23:09.
Old 31st October 2017, 11:34   #2583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
Looking at the pictures, they are trumpet horns which are found in most of the german cars. The VAG/Skodas must be having a different tone than the Mercedes/BMWs but both are the same type.

Anything upwards of 5000 rupees going by the online prices, I don't know if the prices are for a single trumpet horn or a pair.

I doubt the connectors will be the same for your car, some wire will need to be cut/spliced. It is advised to add a seperate relay with a wiring kit for an aftermarket horn. Aftermarket horns like these usually need more power than the OEM horns, also the specs(ampere ratings) of the OEM horn are not always available and so we never know how much current the factory fitted wires and relay can take. To be on the safer side you should get a seperate wire harness from the battery to your new horns, this way even if something goes wrong, you just have to change that additional wiring and not the factory wires. If the factory wires/relay fry then it's very expensive to replace.

A quick google search got me the below options :
1. Mercedes OEM horn - Amazon.com
2. Mercedes OEM horn - Ebay.com
3. BMW OEM horn - Amazon.com

These are all international sites, but I'm sure some spare parts shop will get you the Mercedes/ BMW India's OEM horns, just ask around.
Cheers for the help. I managed to find the below options, reviews say there are decent however not too sure:

1. Hella 011225832 Pearl Trumpet Horn Set (Black) (http://amzn.in/a7YKPxd)
2. Bosch F002H10028 Symphony Horn -12V (Set of 2) (http://amzn.in/9UJJ3yy)
3. Uno Minda Trumpet Twin Dual Tone Horn for Hyundai 4S Fluidic Verna (http://amzn.in/h11TjTf)
4. Hella 007728883 Chrome Trumpet Horn Set (http://amzn.in/c4dFHRt)

Please suggest an option I could go in for. Recently I also found out the Hyundai Creta comes with the same type of horn fitted from the factory. Does anyone know if I can purchase this horn and fit it in the Verna (without any modifications in wiring or addition of relays)?

Last edited by Akshay.Hemmady : 31st October 2017 at 11:47. Reason: Incorrect URLs inserted
Old 31st October 2017, 15:52   #2584
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Cheers for the help. I managed to find the below options, reviews say these are decent however not too sure.
The Hellas/Boschs are fairly common and are easily available but if you want anything close to those authentic VAG/Skoda tone trumpets then Roots is the brand to buy. Minda is somewhere between both as far as the tone goes. All of them are known brands but do go for a seperate wiring harness and relay as these are much more powerfull than the oem disc horns. Many spare parts shops will even give you a demo of these horns and you can choose the one which suits your taste.

More help at this thread.

Quote:
Recently I also found out the Hyundai Creta comes with the same type of horn fitted from the factory. Does anyone know if I can purchase this horn and fit it in the Verna (without any modifications in wiring or addition of relays)?
Your service advisor will know about the connectors that are used, generally the connector types are same across different models of the same manufacturer, but again there is a chance that power rating will vary so be sure before purchasing.

Last edited by OSH : 31st October 2017 at 15:56.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 11:30   #2585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
The Hellas/Boschs are fairly common and are easily available but if you want anything close to those authentic VAG/Skoda tone trumpets then Roots is the brand to buy. Minda is somewhere between both as far as the tone goes. All of them are known brands but do go for a seperate wiring harness and relay as these are much more powerfull than the oem disc horns. Many spare parts shops will even give you a demo of these horns and you can choose the one which suits your taste.

More help at this thread.

Your service advisor will know about the connectors that are used, generally the connector types are same across different models of the same manufacturer, but again there is a chance that power rating will vary so be sure before purchasing.
Cheers for all the help guys. I finally went ahead with the Hella 007728883 Chrome Trumpet Horn Set. Got it for a good deal at Rs. 1,000/-. However, here's the surprise after all the brain racking, researching and struggling, on opening up the car to fit the horns I found out that the Verna supports a single horn only! I mean what!? No wonder the stock horn was so pathetic. Nonetheless ended up fitting only the higher frequency (510Hz) piece to the car and using the lower frequency (410Hz) piece on my Santro Xing.

All the effort was not fully worthwhile as was very disappointed to see a car like the Santro have a twin Horn setup while a bigger more luxurious car like the Verna have a single horn setup :(

Attached the completed DIY
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-img_2612.jpg  

Old 28th November 2017, 13:53   #2586
Senior - BHPian

A colleague here in Pune has come across a 5 year old Verna SX CRDI. It has run around 80k and exteriors look in good nick. Test drive still pending. The car is a reference from his friend who vouches that its not abused.
Asking is 5.35L.

I would like to know from the owners here about any specifics that need to be checked when going for the test drive?
I have already asked him to check all service records + to check if suspension overhaul was done as that seems apparent for a 80k kms run car.
Anything else to be careful about?
Old 18th December 2017, 15:25   #2587
BHPian

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Cheers for all the help guys. I finally went ahead with the Hella 007728883 Chrome Trumpet Horn Set. Got it for a good deal at Rs. 1,000/-. However, here's the surprise after all the brain racking, researching and struggling, on opening up the car to fit the horns I found out that the Verna supports a single horn only! I mean what!? No wonder the stock horn was so pathetic. Nonetheless ended up fitting only the higher frequency (510Hz) piece to the car and using the lower frequency (410Hz) piece on my Santro Xing.

All the effort was not fully worthwhile as was very disappointed to see a car like the Santro have a twin Horn setup while a bigger more luxurious car like the Verna have a single horn setup :(

Attached the completed DIY

Quick update! It was my bad the second horn is hidden above the driver side fog lamp which is accessible only by removing the bumper. This is a quick 5 mins job by removing the 4 hex screws after you open the bonnet, 6 body clips at the bottom of the bumper and 2 Philips screw near the wheel well on both sides

Attachment 1707177

Finally the horns are in place and they sound simply awesome
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1513590852.312769.jpg  

Last edited by Akshay.Hemmady : 18th December 2017 at 15:27.
Akshay.Hemmady is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 16:34   #2588

Verna Petrol Automatic Making Weird Sound at 110 KMPH

Hi,

I own a Hyundai Verna Petrol Automatic 2013 Fluidic Model which has clocked 19K KMS.

When I drive at 100 KMPH, the car and the engine is smooth and silent, however, once it crosses 110 KMPH, then the engine starts making roaring noise which doesn't seem normal and can be easily heard inside the car cabin.

Please let me know if you have a similar experience and if I should get it checked.

Thanks,
Shubham
Old 4th January 2018, 17:22   #2589
Senior - BHPian

Re: Verna Petrol Automatic Making Weird Sound at 110 KMPH

110 km at what gear, and at what RPM would be an interesting question

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamneo View Post
Hi,
When I drive at 100 KMPH, the car and the engine is smooth and silent, however, once it crosses 110 KMPH, then the engine starts making roaring noise which doesn't seem normal and can be easily heard inside the car cabin.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 17:27   #2590
BHPian

It's propably your wheel bearings that have given up and making the noise and not the engine.

Please do check it once and get it rectified, even a small mistake at the speeds mentioned can have huge ramifications.
Thebat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 17:33   #2591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebat View Post
It's propably your wheel bearings that have given up and making the noise and not the engine.
Wheel bearing hum can be isolated by turning off the engine and still hearing the same noise. Secondly, I have rarely seen bearing noise come at speeds in excess of 100 KMPH. If there is a bearing issue, the hum is heard even at 30-40 KMPH.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 17:40   #2592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Wheel bearing hum can be isolated by turning off the engine and still hearing the same noise. Secondly, I have rarely seen bearing noise come at speeds in excess of 100 KMPH. If there is a bearing issue, the hum is heard even at 30-40 KMPH.
Sorry if I was wrong but I only mentioned it as it was mentioned in the post that it only happens at around 110 kms and the same used to happen to my previous car wherein i could hear the roaring sound only after 100kms, after trying all the solutions we could come up with my mechanic finally traced the fault to the cars bearings.

Hence the reason I suggested to check the bearings as it was identical to the issue I had previously faced.
Thebat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 17:46   #2593
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebat View Post
Sorry if I was wrong but I only mentioned it as it was mentioned in the post that it only happens at around 110 kms and the same used to happen to my previous car wherein i could hear the roaring sound only after 100kms, after trying all the solutions we could come up with my mechanic finally traced the fault to the cars bearings.
Not at all. You were not wrong. I only meant that bearing noise can be heard at much lower speeds too. Here I am suspecting more to do with the transmission system.

May be slot to N when coasting at 100 KMPH (under safer conditions) and check if noise is proportional to Engine RPMs of the speed of the car itself. If it stays with speeds, its mostly the bearing and if it drops as soon as its slotted to N, its one of the transmission component.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 19:54   #2594
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Are you sure it is not tire/ road noise or wind noise? Just check this aspect once too.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 12:16   #2595
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I own a Hyundai Verna Petrol Automatic 2013 Fluidic Model which has clocked 19K KMS.

I also drive Verna Petrol Auto but I've never got this issue. Although at high speeds, north of 120 kmph, the noise levels go up significantly but that's just the wind noise, which I consider normal. Are you sure the noise that you talk of isn't due to the wind?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks