Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2011, 21:28   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I know that looks are a relative matter but I just cannot digest the close resemblance the front bears to the i10!
Agreed. But then the Vento has the similar front of the Polo too right?

@Zappo- Brilliant Review ! Rating 5 Stars.

I hope they dont overprice the Verna like the i20. Overall it does looks like a brilliant package apart from lack of thigh support and handling issues. Else this car deserves a !!
Old 28th April 2011, 21:31   #62
Senior - BHPian

After having experienced these cars so long ago in the US (read alteast a year ago), am happy that it has finally made it to India. The new fluidic shape flows into the design theme of the Verna, Sonata and the Elantra and if seen by a novice at a distance can easily confuse one for the other.

But, back to the car, this is really great work on the part of Hyundai and have pulled off a great looking line up of cars, and naturally this one.

But in terms if timing and design element, Hyundai has launched this car now. They will definitely take a good portion of the market share with this fresh and different look, but will that stay for long is the question. The challenge will come in the form of the New Ford Fiesta which also bears a similar 'fluidic' design theme. But being a Hyundai, they should slot in higher.
Old 28th April 2011, 22:03   #63

Splendid review!!! A lot of auto mags need to learn their basics. TBhp Mods should start Internships!
I must say the overall deal has been made quite lucrative by the addition of accessories. A couple of questions,
1. Rear AC vents?
2. As seen from the pics, the transmission hump is not Vento-ish at all! Could you confirm?
3. Although you did say the FE to be good. Is there any specific range that you would claim?
4. Too many cooks spoil the dish; Well too much electronics might do the same in this context.(allusion) Yes/No?
Old 28th April 2011, 22:22   #64
BHPian

Beautiful looking car! and wonderfully detailed test drive report! was waiting for this review! The front end looks more of i10 and i20 combination! The older diesel version was a great car to drive and happy to read that its the same in the new version.

The design of the seat in an accent was a issue for me and when ever I have driven it for long distance it had given me a back ache! hope the low seating position wont cause the same in the new version Verna!!?
Old 28th April 2011, 22:32   #65
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 29th April 2011 at 09:19.
siddutta is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th April 2011, 22:33   #66
BHPian

Wonder how Honda is going to react to this. The Vento diesel outsells the City and Hyundai launches a product that, at least, IMO betters the vento in terms of the features offered.

Pretty sure that most customers won't care about the 6 airbags being offered. However, features like retractable mirrors, reverse camera and 16 inch alloys should attract most customers.

So what if she's Korean? She's gorgeous and fresh and loaded to the brim. I would buy one for sure!

How is the ride quality? Does she still behave like a boat?
thermalpaste is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2011, 22:42   #67
Senior - BHPian

Thats indeed a great review Zappo just loved reading it thoroughly. I am guessing even you would have loved drafting it..

Great work: Rating it 5 Star

Observations:
1. IRVM coming with reverse camera is an amazing feature. Love it.
2. Its very clear the cars are made for city driving and not with the highways in mind

My questions:
1. Is it just me or is the wheel oversized for that wheel well.
I loved the alloys though, is there different stock alloys design in offer?
2. Can someone tell me the advantage of the dual exhaust pipe. For a 1.6L engine dont think the exhaust would be required to be such big at all.
3. Doesnt the seem line in the bonnet look very similar to the Skoda family seem lines.. Wonder why skoda did not patent it in the beginning
4. The ORVM adjustment is in the door, thats the first time I am seeing this. Does any other vehicle is in the door?
Old 28th April 2011, 22:43   #68
BHPian

This is without a doubt one of the most gorgeous looking cars I've seen about.....well at least in this segment.
The Interiors aren't to shabby either.

Some stiffer after-market suspension, and this'll be one amazing performance machine
Old 28th April 2011, 22:45   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
4. The ORVM adjustment is in the door, thats the first time I am seeing this. Does any other vehicle is in the door?
The old Hyundai Verna also has it in the door, as does the Honda Civic IIRC.

Many others I'm sure.
Old 28th April 2011, 22:46   #70
dot
Senior - BHPian

One of the few modern cars where a darker shade looks really superior than the lighter shade. Check out the side by side shot. The front fog lamps are deadly. Darth Vader gone transformer.

I guess the 1.6 Diesel manual will the queen of the roost. Will keenly look out for the 0-100 and roll-on figures.

Judging from the comments, the new Verna suffers from the well known Hyundai suspension bugs. Well, difficult to get everything.

The dashboard will displease none, but not very exciting either. Miles ahead than the outgoing model though.

Worthy review. Enjoyed. Thanks.
Old 28th April 2011, 22:55   #71
BHPian

Super review . Thanks. I m too excited to read the comments.

First of all, the design is simply awesome. And good to hear that it comes with lots of bells and whistles.

Downside is there in the form of handling but its only after 120-130 kmph. But I m sure it would set the sales chart on fire.

Beware Cruze and Civic

Rated 5 stars...

PS: Absolutely Drool-worthy pictures

Last edited by akhil_007 : 28th April 2011 at 22:57. Reason: adding PS
Old 28th April 2011, 23:03   #72
BHPian

Nice Review Zappo. 5 stars.

Like most have pointed out, The front end looks so similar to the i10.
The steering wheel and the 6 speed gear knob is a straight lift off from the i20 diesel. Hate the fake wood, makes it look cheap.
Interesting that they don't have backlit power window buttons, I have it on my i20, so wondering what stopped them from giving it on a higher end car when they have loaded it to the brim with everything else ! Guess they have just plonked the same i20 diesel 1.4 on the ANHV. Hence no VGT on the 1.4.
Respect Hyundai for giving features of a segment higher in all there cars. Look at the i10, i20 and now ANHV, beats the competition hands down in terms of feature list. Now, If only they improved the ride and handling on all there cars!
Old 28th April 2011, 23:10   #73
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Zappo. This car seems to tick most of the important boxes and i dont see why it wont dethrone the City (i should say Vento since it beat the City in March). A job well done and im sure an average Indian doesnt care about the handling. We BHPians will always crib about the dynamics of a car but there are a majority whod rather have an array of features.
Old 28th April 2011, 23:16   #74
BHPian

Firstly, the car looks too Korean for my taste (front reminds me too much of the new i10). Secondly, I feel Hyundai has a potential best-seller on its hands here. If they can undercut the Vento Diesel on pricing, the Verna will have a free run in the market. Its loaded to the gills with features, looks smart (& Distinct), has the Hyundai service backup and a good diesel engine. While the petrol car buyers will still bend a bit towards the City thanks to the Honda badge and VTEC engine, the diesel engine which made the previous generation Verna popular will face off against the Germans. And the Highline Vento doesn't stand a chance in front of the top-of-line Verna on account of the features. Infact the features list on the top version sounded more like that of the Cruze LTZ plus some.
For once I like the faux wood in a Hyundai and Oh! I love that purple shade !

Cant wait to see what the i45 would be like!
Old 28th April 2011, 23:19   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Though the most of points have been covered I personally feel that the smaller bits have not been covered like in earlier reviews of cars such as Manza, Vento etc.
I agree to this to some extent. I have rated the thread 4 star.
Dont get me wrong, this review is still miles above the other reviews like autocar, zigwheels etc.
What could have been added?
1) Underbody pics.
2) Suspension setup front/rear
3) Steering EPS/HPS and feedback.
4) Body roll
5) Whether the engines are rev happy
6) Max rev limit
7) Speed in each gear to be in turbo zone: like 25 in 2nd, 40 in 3rd, 45 in 4th etc
8)Horn
9)Driver's view (Front/rear) is A piller a hindrance?
10) Brakes- Spongy/Progressive
and all these petty stuffs.

I apologize if I have written something that you have already mentioned.
Do please add the 1.6 Manual petrol review (as well as the other) in here as well once you guys have driven it.

Anyway some important points are clearly laid out
1) Turbo lag and specially the comparison with Vento was an excellent idea.
2) Suspension tuned for ride and all its consequences well well described.
Great & Thanks!!

Last edited by oxyzen : 28th April 2011 at 23:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks