Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2012, 18:25   #331
Team-BHP Support

Not sure if this was reported earlier in this thread. Some time back I saw Horamzd mention in ACI that Renault plans to bring the DCT twin clutch AT mated to the 1.5 DCI for the Fluence. Now that would be some biggie for the D segment. He mentioned it might be some time in mid of 2013.
Old 14th January 2013, 20:03   #332
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Fluence : Test Drive & Review

The updated Fluence is likely to be launched in India in the first quarter of 2013.
fitted with an Efficient Dual Clutch (EDC) gearbox for the diesel variant. This six-speed twin-clutch gearbox is rated for 24.4kgm of torque and is already offered in other markets. The EDC-equipped Fluence can crack the 100kph mark from standstill in a claimed 11.9 seconds, has a top speed of 185kph and fuel efficiency is only slightly lower than the manual version.
Source: Autocar India. link
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Fluence : Test Drive & Review-r1.jpg  

Renault Fluence : Test Drive & Review-r2.jpg  

rajeev k is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 15:22   #333
BHPian

A lot of Duster owners have complained about spongy brakes and a few have reported that bleeding the brakes have helped. I've been facing the same issue with my Fluence since a few months and decided to take the care to the dealers' workshop last week. The place was packed with Dusters.

After a quick test drive the service advisor confirmed that this was a case of air entering the brake lines and the lines were bled. I waited for just 20 minutes in the lounge. The brakes feel sharp like before and provides much need bite in city driving. Still the pedal modulation could be much better.
Old 2nd April 2013, 15:48   #334
Senior - BHPian

A well rounded Diesel Automatic Sedan is a BIG GAP in the market at present. The Fluence can fill that gap very nicely, since it ticks most of the right boxes, except Pricing.
If Renault manages to keep a Sane Head on their Shoulder, they should price it with a negligible increase only (maybe 25-30K max.), and see the Duster Magic getting replicated on this as well. This can then potentially get Renault some very meaningful numbers. Next step would be to bring this to the Scala, and within 3-6 months tops.
Old 3rd April 2013, 02:05   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Will the face-lifted Fluence in India get the same 110 bhp engine? And does the addition of EDC gives it a 11.9s time to the ton?
Old 17th July 2013, 20:29   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Will the face-lifted Fluence in India get the same 110 bhp engine? And does the addition of EDC gives it a 11.9s time to the ton?
Facelifts won't help saleslifts. The 110bhp engine is severely underpowered for a car this size. Add to that quirky french interiors to boot.
Old 17th July 2013, 21:04   #337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Facelifts won't help saleslifts. The 110bhp engine is severely underpowered for a car this size. Add to that quirky french interiors to boot.
The biggest addition that I am looking out for is the dual clutch on the 1.5L diesel at 110bhp. That should make it an amazing work horse. Agreed that its underpowered, but it should make a brilliant machine with EDC box and the trusted K9K engine.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 21:21   #338
BHPian

My dad got delivery for his new diesel E4 today. Having being used to (esteem, alto, accent, verna, spark, swift and now ritz) - I was pleasantly surprised with the gadgets and comfort features that can be thrown in for a car in this segment. Loving it by the minute.

Quick query to existing owners - whenever I turn on the music, there is a background phone beep - beep (like the manual phone connecting tone when dialing out). I have tried to check the manual and also tried different buttons, but the sound still persists in the background. Any idea on how to shut this sound ?
Old 13th November 2013, 14:39   #339
BHPian

I don't have a dedicated ownership thread for my Fluence, so I'm writing my 20k service experience here.

20k on the ODO came up in about 18 months. Khivraj, the Chennai dealer has improved a bit but still lots of room to behave professionally.

The total cost came up to 12k, which includes elf 15W40 sythetic oil, air, oil, diesel and cabin AC filters and wiper blades. The wiper blades were 2500. They were quite good for the time that they had lasted.

The inital estimate for service was quoted at 16k, I had to firmly but politely tell the advisor to stick to the essentials!

I compared the parts' rates from my service bill earlier this year and it is good to note that prices haven't changed, atleast for these essentials.

Now that the free services have been completed, the advisor told me that labour for next service would be charged at 1700 for periodic maintainence, 800 for brake cleaning and 300 water washing. So I think I can expect 15k bills for each 10k kms.

Last edited by PraveenM : 13th November 2013 at 14:41.
PraveenM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 15:15   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraveenM View Post
I don't have a dedicated ownership thread for my Fluence, so I'm writing my 20k service experience here...
There are very few Fluence threads on this forum. I would love to see your ownership review.

Quote:
...The wiper blades were 2500. They were quite good for the time that they had lasted...
Any reason why you didn't try to source if aftermarket? That would have shaved may be 20-30% off the price.

Quote:
...Now that the free services have been completed, the advisor told me that labour for next service would be charged at 1700 for periodic maintainence, 800 for brake cleaning and 300 water washing. So I think I can expect 15k bills for each 10k kms.
I think the car is expensive to maintain. But I believe the diesel filter etc would be required to be changed ONLY for every 20K kms right? And just a 10K interval for synthetic oil change? That's bad.
Old 13th November 2013, 16:26   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I think the car is expensive to maintain. But I believe the diesel filter etc would be required to be changed ONLY for every 20K kms right? And just a 10K interval for synthetic oil change? That's bad.
You bring up a good point here swiftnfurious. I don't see why Renault can increase the service interval to 15k like the Jetta.

Overall, i'm ok with the service cost on a per/km basis. Given that my wife's i10 AT comes back with a service bill of 4k for every 6 months of 3k-4k kms running.

Also the frugal K9K engine does help in bringing down the per km cost. Having said that, the reliability of key components is the crucal here, any unexpected replacements would then make this car quite costly to own.
PraveenM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 11:14   #342
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You bring up a good point here swiftnfurious. I don't see why Renault can increase the service interval to 15k like the Jetta. Overall, i'm ok with the service cost on a per/km basis. Given that my wife's i10 AT comes back with a service bill of 4k for every 6 months of 3k-4k kms running. Also the frugal K9K engine does help in bringing down the per km cost. Having said that, the reliability of key components is the crucal here, any unexpected replacements would then make this car quite costly to own.
Frankly, 10k service intervals are best considering our driving conditions. My Jetta got a bit ropey after 10k km
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2013, 12:43   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Starts Testing Fluence Facelift in India; Launch early 2014!

Renault Fluence : Test Drive & Review-newupdatedrenaultfleuncefaceliftindia1.jpg

Quote:
The new updated Fluence comes with fresher and striking design features with some neatly-done changes. It carries new front grille with a larger Renault logo, fresher front bumper, 3-section air dam, new LED DRLs housed over the fog lamps, 10-spoke alloy wheels and more. Also note the black colored side cladding the mule is sporting.

Would there be any changes to the engine options is not known for now but the international Fluence does come with a bigger 1.6L DCI diesel engine

http://motorbash.com/scoop-renault-s...a-launch-soon/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 16:10   #344
Team-BHP Support

Renault has launched the Fluence facelift in India at prices starting from Rs. 14.22 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi.)

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks