Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2012, 16:01   #1546
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

The face-lift of the New Ford Fiesta has been unveiled in the Sao Paulo Auto show. Here are the first pictures
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-2013fordfiestasedanfacelift5.jpg
The restyled front features the sculpted hood, Ford's new Aston Martin inspired grille - Looks good, but the current car was never bad too, right?
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-2013fordfiestasedanfacelift1.jpg
The rear has longer tail lamps, new number plate recess, new bumpers (notice the chrome line in the bumper and the integrated reflectors -neat job ) - a fairly deep face-lift this, and it definitely improves the sore point in the current design, the rear of the car.
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-2013fordfiestasedanfacelift3.jpg
The side profile shows the extended bumper ( extends a bit too much) but still overall a bit better than the existing car.

More about the facelift from this page on IAB - http://indianautosblog.com/2012/10/2...s-at-sao-paulo
aravind.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 18:35   #1547
Senior - BHPian

The rear looks much better now, looks similar to the New Focus sedan. The front however looks a bit drab with those AM inspired grille!

I am hoping Ford makes a comeback with this facelift!
Old 23rd October 2012, 19:05   #1548
BHPian

This fiesta looks awesome. All ford needs to do is improve the interiors(colour combinations,quality and SPACE) and price it competitively(diesels). I am hoping ford improves both the engines in terms of power especially the 1.5TDci engine, which i feel should be making more power and torque , in the league of the verna and vento than the current one.Both the vena and vento diesel give very similar mileage figures compared to the fiesta but provide much more punch from their engines.Even the the 1.3 in the chevy sail makes similar amount of torque!!

The fiesta sells quite well all over the world but i guess its only in India that its sales are bottom of the group!! shameful for ford indeed.
Old 23rd October 2012, 19:24   #1549
BHPian

It looks better, with ford's new aston'esque front grille et al. But the proportions are a bit off for a sedan (only my personal opinion). It is not sleek, and looks like its on stilts. The tyres look smallish and the rear is set too high. The fact that its a hatchback first and sedan second is to blame for all these design quirks.

I really hope that Ford launches the fiesta hatch in India, but it is unlikely since the price would be too much for a hatch to be successful in India.
Old 23rd October 2012, 20:04   #1550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Wow. Congrats on your mean machine. Please get you're ownership report up and running as soon as possible.

- with kamen_rider, we have become a 11 member NFS Family
If every thing goes well, I too would be joining this club in the last week of this month or first week of next.
Hope it already grew from 11 memebers!
Btw, is it exclusive for Chennai members or covering entire Team- BHP?

Regards,
Maverick79.
Old 23rd October 2012, 21:23   #1551
MAS
Senior - BHPian

The face-lift Fiesta looks awesome.

The front looks much more aggressive and i love it. The rear looks bigger, wider and smarter. The alloys somehow remind me of the Linea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
If every thing goes well, I too would be joining this club in the last week of this month or first week of next.

Regards,
Maverick79.
Welcome to the small but exclusive club of New Fiesta owners on Team-BHP. Would not blame you on the question , it covers the entire Team BHP in India.
Old 29th October 2012, 13:49   #1552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post

Regards,
Maverick79.
Congrats on the decision Maverick. So you are strolling on this thread and I am on the Storme thread. But, your's seem to be a sincere strolling unlike mine.

Hope everything goes well and we do get to see your Fiesta soon.

All the best!

EDIT: Are you planning to exchange your Manza?
Old 29th October 2012, 15:56   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Congrats on the decision Maverick. So you are strolling on this thread and I am on the Storme thread. But, your's seem to be a sincere strolling unlike mine.

Hope everything goes well and we do get to see your Fiesta soon.

All the best!

EDIT: Are you planning to exchange your Manza?
Thanks Ajay, I am actually getting it from my new company.
Hope the registration is done by tomorrow. Will sure start a new ownership thread soon.

O.T: Yeah. I need to sell my Manza. Re registring in Chennai is going to take more than 6 months. Decided not to go ahead with the process and sell it back in MH only. Don't have that patience and money to hold with two cars, as of now.
Old 30th October 2012, 19:42   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The restyled front features the sculpted hood, Ford's new Aston Martin inspired grille - Looks good, but the current car was never bad too, right?
I find the front of the current Kinetic One looks better than this Aston martin inspired front. I find the current headlamps looks much better than this one, in just looks. Is it just me or others are also feeling the same ?
Old 31st October 2012, 13:54   #1555
BHPian

Guys what sort of discount can I expect for the Fiesta Diesel here in Chennai??I am planning to purchase one before year end.What variant can I expect for 10L OTR??
Old 31st October 2012, 18:37   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Guys what sort of discount can I expect for the Fiesta Diesel here in Chennai??I am planning to purchase one before year end.What variant can I expect for 10L OTR??
Bro, if you're buying a 2012 produced model in 2013, i guess you will get more discounts as depreciation is more. So, instead of buying in December, i suggest you wait a couple of weeks more and grab more discounts.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2012, 09:37   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
I find the front of the current Kinetic One looks better than this Aston martin inspired front. I find the current headlamps looks much better than this one, in just looks. Is it just me or others are also feeling the same ?
This reworked front and headlamps look lacklusture. The current Fiesta front is so elegant and futuristic but comes with an inglorious derriere. Now they fixed the derriere but spoiled the front.

I would love a Fiesta that has the current front design with the new rear style.
Old 1st November 2012, 11:26   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murillo View Post
This reworked front and headlamps look lacklusture. The current Fiesta front is so elegant and futuristic but comes with an inglorious derriere. Now they fixed the derriere but spoiled the front.

I would love a Fiesta that has the current front design with the new rear style.
Yep. I found that way too. Glad that I'm not the odd one to find it so. Even for the hatch version, i still prefer the current front looks.
Old 6th November 2012, 12:59   #1559
BHPian

So Ford Motors, as usual, my year end request will be to replace the rear of my Fiesta with the facelifted version and let me retain the front.

Now, since you folks do not believe in providing complete happiness to your fans in a straightforward way, please provide the option of mixing'n'matching.

And what colors are the interiors? Parrot green with a hint of purple??

Jokes apart, mine completed 18000 (happy) Kms. today morning!!!

@MAS, how is your's faring?
Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 10:44   #1560
BHPian

I came across the following link from Ford that explains the advanced clean diesel technologies that have been employed by Ford in the European version of the Ford Fiesta's Duratorq 1.6L TDCi engine http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=19378.

Some of the key advanced features of this engine as per this article are:

- Euro IV emission standards
- 16V DOHC
- Latest Bosch ultra-high pressure fuel injection system
- A digital mass air-fuel sensor for improved accuracy and reliability
- Electric exhaust gas re-circulation valve
- Electronic turbocharger waste-gate control
- And what at least reads like a multijet injection system (senior Team BHPians please confirm if this is so or is this really just a regular Unijet system with a small initial pilot injection?)

The Indian version of this engine has been scaled down to 1.5L and also more crucially SOHC 8 valve. This reduction from DOHC 16V to a SOHC 8V seems at least to me more driven by cost reduction than anything else. Is it likely that similar dumbing down in terms of technology and advanced features have been done in other areas too for this engine in order to drive down engine manufacture costs for India? The available data for the India Ford Fiesta does not throw any light in this area.
Can any of the senior members in this forum throw some light on this please?

Most Viewed