Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2013, 16:33   #1681
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanish View Post
I have found another difference between the two models (style and titanium plus) today as I have got a chance to see a style variant today. The front seats of titanium plus is kind of sporty and has more thigh support an it really hugs you tight which is really good. Whereas the style's front seats are basic. My question is, if its possible to get the same sporty design while putting after market leather on top?
I found Style seats supportive as well. Specially in the under thigh area which was missing in Ecosport. Its just that the leather is very smooth on Titanium.

I never got a call from elite guys. Looks like they are not interested in selling fiesta and are happy with ecosport sales.
Old 17th July 2013, 16:42   #1682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I found Style seats supportive as well. Specially in the under thigh area which was missing in Ecosport. Its just that the leather is very smooth on Titanium.

I never got a call from elite guys. Looks like they are not interested in selling fiesta and are happy with ecosport sales.
Don't bother them. I too have been trying to buy from them as they are close to my house. But as you said, they are happy with ecosport. But if you liked Fiesta don't give up hope yet. I have even gone to the extend of contacting Ford India MD Though it took some days for them to give me a reply, they did call me. They have confirmed about Titanium + availability soon. Also, asked me to get in touch with Cauvery Ford by next week. I am not giving up my hope on Titanium as I found that more value than Style. So will wait for a week or two until the new lot reaches.
alexanish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 17:01   #1683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't bother them. I too have been trying to buy from them as they are close to my house. But as you said, they are happy with ecosport. But if you liked Fiesta don't give up hope yet. I have even gone to the extend of contacting Ford India MD Though it took some days for them to give me a reply, they did call me. They have confirmed about Titanium + availability soon. Also, asked me to get in touch with Cauvery Ford by next week. I am not giving up my hope on Titanium as I found that more value than Style. So will wait for a week or two until the new lot reaches.
Good to hear that Ford replied.
Current onroad for a titanium+ AT is 12.3L. Will the discount be applicable on this price?
Also i read in auto mags that a new fiesta could be launched by this year end. I doubt this as ford will try to manufacture as many ecosport as possible to fill the gap.

Also please keep me updated on your interation with cauvery. You may choose to PM. Thanks.
Old 17th July 2013, 17:34   #1684
BHPian

I test drove the Ford Fiesta Diesel Titanium + yesterday and immediately liked the car. I wanted to book it but they are only pushing the 2012 VIN cars and only white colour which they have in stock. I have asked the dealer here (Sai Ram Ford) if he could book a new blue 2013 VIN model for me for the current going scheme (1.10 lacs cash discount) but he refused.

I have sent an email to Ford India also saying that I am not getting the applicable discounts if I want to book a new car and that the dealer is only pushing the older in stock models which have been running since a while.

Waiting for their reply now. Lets see. If they offer the same deal on the new car, I am surely booking it.
Old 17th July 2013, 18:22   #1685
BHPian

Quote:
Good to hear that Ford replied.
Current onroad for a titanium+ AT is 12.3L. Will the discount be applicable on this price?
Also i read in auto mags that a new fiesta could be launched by this year end. I doubt this as ford will try to manufacture as many ecosport as possible to fill the gap.

Also please keep me updated on your interation with cauvery. You may choose to PM. Thanks.
Without 'essential pack' the latest price sheet I got from Lathangi still shows 12L. I too saw some changes in pricing in this months AutoCar. Where did you get the 12.3L price from? In the Autocar issue the Style price is 11.20L whic is 20K less from earlier. May be they are correcting the pricing to make more Style sales.

The new fiesta which is going to be launched in India will have mostly cosmetic changes like the front fascia. Check the latest snaps of European Fiesta. But I didn't like the new front grill. But if they are going to have some serious changes internally like rear space, then I might even think of waiting for that model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
I test drove the Ford Fiesta Diesel Titanium + yesterday and immediately liked the car. I wanted to book it but they are only pushing the 2012 VIN cars and only white colour which they have in stock. I have asked the dealer here (Sai Ram Ford) if he could book a new blue 2013 VIN model for me for the current going scheme (1.10 lacs cash discount) but he refused.

I have sent an email to Ford India also saying that I am not getting the applicable discounts if I want to book a new car and that the dealer is only pushing the older in stock models which have been running since a while.

Waiting for their reply now. Lets see. If they offer the same deal on the new car, I am surely booking it.
Do they right away gave you the 1.1L cash discount or after hard bargaining? Is this discount same across various models of 2012 model like both petrol/diesel higher and lower variants? Bangalore dealers are reluctant to reveal the real cash discount.
Old 17th July 2013, 18:45   #1686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Without 'essential pack' the latest price sheet I got from Lathangi still shows 12L. I too saw some changes in pricing in this months AutoCar. Where did you get the 12.3L price from? In the Autocar issue the Style price is 11.20L whic is 20K less from earlier.

The new fiesta which is going to be launched in India will have mostly cosmetic changes like the front fascia. Check the latest snaps of European Fiesta. But I didn't like the new front grill. But if they are going to have some serious changes internally like rear space, then I might even think of waiting for that model.
I got the price quote from carwale.com
Autocar prices are not correct in many cases.

I feel ford may provide tiptronic on future Fiesta AT models as they are providing in current ecosport.
Old 21st July 2013, 11:11   #1687
BHPian

Tried buying a petrol Manual fiesta and got turned down by three dealers stating that they no longer have a supply of the petrol manual Fiesta. Disappointed. :(
Old 21st July 2013, 21:59   #1688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlvl View Post
Tried buying a petrol Manual fiesta and got turned down by three dealers stating that they no longer have a supply of the petrol manual Fiesta. Disappointed. :(
Have you tried contacting the regional Ford office via email or their call centre number?

You may get the car easily by this way.
Old 21st July 2013, 22:39   #1689
Senior - BHPian

Metro ford today morning said that insurance is free on fiesta and accessories worth 50K are free. But i was not convinced.

Later in the day got a call from Ford and they said Fiesta is currently available with a Cash discount of 1.1L on all fiesta models and an additional 15K for existing ford customers. So Fiesta Style AT should cost around 10.1L in Bangalore. Good price IMO.

This is for 2012 VIN models and not 2013. They said we can choose any colour and dealer should be able to source it from factory.
Old 22nd July 2013, 10:38   #1690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Have you tried contacting the regional Ford office via email or their call centre number?

You may get the car easily by this way.
Heard from one of the dealers that they are essentially clearing the stocks and that a new Fiesta will be on the way (and it will be pricier). Going to wait for that..
Old 22nd July 2013, 12:35   #1691
BHPian

Quote:
Metro ford today morning said that insurance is free on fiesta and accessories worth 50K are free. But i was not convinced.

Later in the day got a call from Ford and they said Fiesta is currently available with a Cash discount of 1.1L on all fiesta models and an additional 15K for existing ford customers. So Fiesta Style AT should cost around 10.1L in Bangalore. Good price IMO.

This is for 2012 VIN models and not 2013. They said we can choose any colour and dealer should be able to source it from factory.
The latest price quote I got from Lathangi on this particular model is 9.8 on road. Cauvery quoted 9.9L. But because of the attitude and the lack of clarity in pricing or availability I might turn away. My guess is that the cars, which are cleared out for new model to come in, will reach only by another month or so. May be they will hike the price too pointing the Rupee fall. I am running out of patience as its close to a month or so since I have started with my purchase plans.
Old 22nd July 2013, 13:41   #1692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The latest price quote I got from Lathangi on this particular model is 9.8 on road. Cauvery quoted 9.9L. But because of the attitude and the lack of clarity in pricing or availability I might turn away. My guess is that the cars, which are cleared out for new model to come in, will reach only by another month or so. May be they will hike the price too pointing the Rupee fall. I am running out of patience as its close to a month or so since I have started with my purchase plans.
9.8L for Style AT is good price IMO. Is it available in all colours? or is it only in white or grey? Can you please pm me contact number of Lathangi executive?

I don't think Ford will price the new fiesta more than existing. Now they are tasting sucess with ecosport pricing and will continue to price future models competitively.
Old 22nd July 2013, 15:03   #1693
BHPian

Can somebody confirm which new model is coming up? Any international links? What are the speculated changes in the new model?
Old 22nd July 2013, 19:32   #1694
BHPian

Quote:
Can somebody confirm which new model is coming up? Any international links? What are the speculated changes in the new model?
Hi Maverick, the dealer here tells me its the facelifted fiesta which is already launched worldwide is coming to Indian shores. But, I don't trust him. It's best you confirm from someone else.

In other news, I am sharing my fiesta dct ownership review here for everyone to see:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html

Hope it is helpful for prospective owners.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 20:04   #1695
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
Hi Maverick, the dealer here tells me its the facelifted fiesta which is already launched worldwide is coming to Indian shores. But, I don't trust him. It's best you confirm from someone else.
Here is the relevant thread on the Fiesta sedan facelift:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...nveiled-2.html
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed