Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2013, 16:44   #1711
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

When the new Ford Fiesta was launched, across all variants it was 50k to 1 lakh more expensive (in bangalore) on-road when compared to the new verna which was selling 5k units a month back then. The junta and the ford loyalists could not fathom why Ford priced the car this way (despite the voice activated feature being shown tv ads).

Damage done. Results where seen in sales charts. Ford screwed this car badly. Hope a proposed relaunch can help.
Old 20th September 2013, 17:03   #1712
Distinguished - BHPian

Just made a trip to Elite Ford Marathahalli. They have one white color Titanium Diesel (It is a display model). On Road price is ~13Lakh on which the sales guy said there is a straight ~2lakh cash discount. They also have an exchange bonus of 10K plus some assured accessory package. Seemed like a solid deal to me. I was looking for the Petrol Automatic, so did not probe further.
Old 27th September 2013, 23:37   #1713
Senior - BHPian

As per the latest Top Gear magazine, Ford has released a new version of the Fiesta hatchback in UK. It is powered by a 1.6 liter EcoBoost engine, producing great power.

And a proud owner is none other than Jeremy Clarkson, who appears to be quite content with it.

I hope Ford brings it to India.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 00:30   #1714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
As per the latest Top Gear magazine, Ford has released a new version of the Fiesta hatchback in UK. It is powered by a 1.6 liter EcoBoost engine, producing great power.

And a proud owner is none other than Jeremy Clarkson, who appears to be quite content with it.

I hope Ford brings it to India.
Yes, it will be awesome if launched in India.

"Ford Fiesta ST vs Peugeot 208 GTi vs Renault Clio RS - Auto Express" on YouTube

Here is the review

Last edited by moralfibre : 28th September 2013 at 06:39.
bageherath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 17:19   #1715
BHPian

I am not sure if this has been mentioned but this review states the ground clearance of the Fiesta to be 168 mm whereas on the Ford India website it is shown 156mm.

http://www.india.ford.com/cars/new-f...ions/spec-data
Old 21st October 2013, 10:42   #1716
BHPian

I visited MPL ford Chennai last Saturday. Test Drove the new Fiesta and absolutely loved it. Handling was fantastic and the linear power delivery meant it was fantastic to drive even in the Velachery traffic. My spouse and ten month old toddler also loved the car and we have finalized the Style variant as it makes more sense.
The difference is No Bluetooth, voice control, auto folding RVM, USB and alloys. Everything else is standard and even cruise control comes as standard in the base variant. On road is 9.5L for the 2013 style variant. Originally was planning for the Rapid but after the TD, I was completely sold out for the new fiesta.
Old 21st October 2013, 11:39   #1717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet-tooth View Post
Handling was fantastic and the linear power delivery meant it was fantastic to drive even in the Velachery traffic.
Was this the diesel or the petrol?
Old 21st October 2013, 11:50   #1718
BHPian

It was the 1.5l Diesel titanium variant. I drove it till Velachery and back from the Taramani MPL Ford Showroom.
Old 21st October 2013, 16:16   #1719
BHPian

Quote:
It was the 1.5l Diesel titanium variant. I drove it till Velachery and back from the Taramani MPL Ford Showroom.
That looks to be a good move.

The major features left out are..
ORVM Electrically foldable, Digital Clock, Distance to Empty
Fuel computer, Reverse Parking Sensors, Bluetooth
Voice Control and Alloy Wheels.

They do not warrant a 1Lakh plus ex-showroom difference in cost I suppose... Congratulations. Fiesta is a wonderful vehicle. But for the price index it would have been selling very well and would have competed with Verna.
Old 21st October 2013, 21:31   #1720
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats, its a very nice car except for the back seat and those grey plastics.
Check the VIN personally, saying this because its a slow moving model, I know a couple of dealers over here still having 2012 manufactured cars.
Old 3rd November 2013, 14:13   #1721
BHPian

Quote:
I visited MPL ford Chennai last Saturday. Test Drove the new Fiesta and absolutely loved it. Handling was fantastic and the linear power delivery meant it was fantastic to drive even in the Velachery traffic. My spouse and ten month old toddler also loved the car and we have finalized the Style variant as it makes more sense.
The difference is No Bluetooth, voice control, auto folding RVM, USB and alloys. Everything else is standard and even cruise control comes as standard in the base variant. On road is 9.5L for the 2013 style variant. Originally was planning for the Rapid but after the TD, I was completely sold out for the new fiesta.
Hi there, its a little late but just wanted to clarify something. Checking the prices on Autocar India, the Mag mentions the price of 1.5 Diesel Style M/T for Chennai as 10.90L OTR. And you got it for 9.5L. Can you give us details about the discounts you got?
Old 17th November 2013, 07:02   #1722
BHPian

Visited the Kuala Lumpur International Motor Show (KLIMS 2013) yesterday and clicked a Ford Fiesta EcoBoost Hatchback. I am not sure if this is the same we get in India?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-img047.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-img048.jpg  

Old 17th November 2013, 09:22   #1723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post
Visited the Kuala Lumpur International Motor Show (KLIMS 2013) yesterday and clicked a Ford Fiesta EcoBoost Hatchback. I am not sure if this is the same we get in India?
Nope. We still have the earlier generation fiesta in India. This fiesta (along with the ecoboost engines ) will probably make it to India sometime next year. Not sure though whether it will be launched in the hatchback avatar.
Old 20th November 2013, 15:37   #1724
BHPian

You can add me to the list now with a Silver Ford Fiesta Diesel Titanium!!

Done about 2200Kms in just under 2 months. Quick question - what is the tyre pressure you guys are maintaining? My car has a recommendation of 40psi near the driver's side door!
Old 24th November 2013, 16:15   #1725
BHPian

Hi everybody! Long hiatus but good to be back. An update on my Fiesta TDCI. I'd like your comments and help on this. My rear suspension has developed a irritating drumming sound when the wheels fall in a pothole. The problem is worse when both wheels fall together and suddenly as in a joint on a bridge. I had kept the car for 3-4 days in the workshop. The defect could not be rectified despite a test replacement of all rear suspension components. I have asked for a Ford engineer to be brought down to have a look. Any others facing this problem. Please share.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks