Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2018, 08:46   #1786
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Hello Bhpians,

couple of questions :
1. Did anyone of you carried out EGR valve cleaning on your fiesta (1,5 tdci) ?
I checked the owner's manual, it is not listed anywhere. I read in our forum that Maruti recommends doing it every 30k kms.

Reason : I find the cold start and idling to be little rough and someone has pointed that EGR valve could be culprit. I want to do it and hence the question.

2. Can anyone recommend a good touch screen system with Apple carplay for Fiesta ? I don't want to make any extensive changes to the dash.

Thanks in advance
Old 30th July 2018, 11:11   #1787
BHPian

New Ford Fiesta 1.5 ST (2019) vs Old 1.6 ST (2017) drag race.

murthy_p is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 16:59   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsi View Post
My fiesta titanium+ 2011 puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Even today, after clocking approximately 80k kms, the car is in a good shape sans a few minor scratches here and there. It easily manages high speeds with superb stability. A couple of times I thought about selling it for something new but couldn't find any car in the segment or one above it which can match its package.
I noticed you live in Srinagar. What is the situation with respect to spares and repairs?
Has it been smooth sailing from the service/repair end as well?
Cheers!
Turrrb0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 14:30   #1789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
I noticed you live in Srinagar. What is the situation with respect to spares and repairs?
Has it been smooth sailing from the service/repair end as well?
Cheers!
Yes, I am from Srinagar. There is only one ASSC here by the name of 'Autowings Ford'. The service quality there is average (I had a misfit steering column part which used to cause a lot of noise. Over a span of two years, they could not get it right. Finally they advised me to change it altogether for a new 12k spare. However, I got the same thing done in Jammu ASSC for 4-5k). Spares are also usually short. One thing there are good in are their recurrent service reminders.
Arsi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 11:37   #1790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
Hello Bhpians,

couple of questions :
1. Did anyone of you carried out EGR valve cleaning on your fiesta (1,5 tdci) ?
I checked the owner's manual, it is not listed anywhere. I read in our forum that Maruti recommends doing it every 30k kms.

Reason : I find the cold start and idling to be little rough and someone has pointed that EGR valve could be culprit. I want to do it and hence the question.
Yes, I had the EGR cleaned for my fiesta at approximately 70000 kms. My fiesta was emitting a lot of blue smoke immediately after the engine start. Then, engine check message was also displayed. However, I had no trouble with idling. So, after communication through OBD, FASS suggested EGR cleaning. The actual trouble started after the job. The engine wouldn't start and that too randomly. Sometimes it was working perfectly fine and all of a sudden, it would refuse to start for hours. After a few months (yes, a few months!) of painstaking follow-ups and discussions with FASS, multiple towings and a dozen checks, it was resolved. However, a couple of bhpians were surprised to hear that EGR needed cleaning at just 70000 kms. Check with FASS and see what they suggest.
Old 5th December 2018, 11:44   #1791
Senior - BHPian

You need to change engine oil a lot more frequently. With the Ford OEM oil, around 7500 km maximum especially in hill areas.

And make sure your air filter and car AC filter is changed every 10,000 km. Ford has a much higher change interval for these.

Quote:
Yes, I had the EGR cleaned for my fiesta at approximately 70000 kms. My fiesta was emitting a lot of blue smoke immediately after the engine start. Then, engine check message was also displayed. However, I had no trouble with idling. So, after communication through OBD, FASS suggested EGR cleaning. The actual trouble started after the job. The engine wouldn't start and that too randomly. Sometimes it was working perfectly fine and all of a sudden, it would refuse to start for hours. After a few months (yes, a few months!) of painstaking follow-ups and discussions with FASS, multiple towings and a dozen checks, it was resolved. However, a couple of bhpians were surprised to hear that EGR needed cleaning at just 70000 kms. Check with FASS and see what they suggest.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 20:38   #1792
BHPian

My blue beauty is about to cross 93k mark. It has really been a long journey - 7 years to be precise. Currently, two issues are bothering me.

First, the headlights have become very hazy and full of scratches. I am planning to use RainX Headlight restorer but I am not sure whether it would remove scratches. Anyways, a new pair of headlight assembly costs something between 10k and 20k.
And the second, the washer button on the stalk is not working (washer pump is fine). Is there a way to open the wiper stalk and fix this issue myself? FASS has suggested replacement of the entire stalk costing 6k.

Sharing some of the pictures

This is 2 years back when I had opted for half body black vinyl, black paint on rims and blue disc calipers:
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-img_20151125_153851269_hdr.jpg
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-img_20151125_154024628.jpg
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-img_20151125_155938690_hdr_li.jpg

This washer button does not work:
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-20181205_1723111024x1820.jpg

See how hazy the headlights have become:
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-20181205_1723381820x1024.jpg
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-20181205_1723431820x1024.jpg
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-20181205_1723591024x1820.jpg
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-20181205_1723531024x1820.jpg
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-20181205_1724021024x1820.jpg
Arsi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 20:43   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
My blue beauty is about to cross 93k mark.
Congrats. Hope to see a detailed post on 1,00,000 km.

On the problems you've mentioned :

1. Headlights : I believe this is mainly due to the opening of the headlight for DRL installation. Did you check the plug which is used to prevent water/moisture entry ?

2. Wiper stalk - If the control module is gone kaput, then its better to get a replacement unit.

- If you are comfortable, you may source it from Alibaba.
- I'm not suggesting a repair because the fixing the wiper control module isn't a typical DIY job.

Again, happy mile munching !
vaasscit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 10:48   #1794
BHPian

Now I totally understand why one can't find a lot of these Fiestas in classifieds!

I have a 7 year old, with 92K on ODO. I also have a 2016 Mercedes C250d (204 HP / 500 NM), but nothing plasters a smile on my face like this white Fiesta. Of course, the Merc is more powerful, but Fiesta stands on it own in terms of steering feedback, chassis stability in cornering, AC, music system (yes!) etc.

I took out for a long drive recently and it literally shone in the highway!

It is downright unbelievable that the rear seat, though cramped comparatively (to C250d) has better under thigh support and ride quality (and no thuds filtering in).

I also learnt that the doors are made of Boron steel (same as in S class and Volvos for better side impact protection) which are not available in C/E class

Just wanted to say that Ford made a gem of a car for enthusiasts, and so sad that we are such a small population that manufacturers are not incentivized to build great cars like these. We eventually get what we deserve :'(
sriramv.iyer is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 10:54   #1795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Now I totally understand why one can't find a lot of these Fiestas in classifieds!

I have a 7 year old, with 92K on ODO. I also have a 2016 Mercedes C250d (204 HP / 500 NM), but nothing plasters a smile on my face like this white Fiesta. Of course, the Merc is more powerful, but Fiesta stands on it own in terms of steering feedback, chassis stability in cornering, AC, music system (yes!) etc.
This is the best highway mannered car that I've driven. Hates local traffic of course, the clutch isn't its best feature so you end up with knee pain in early morning rush hour traffic.

Though even that's been a lot better since I had the clutch / brake / gear oils bled out and replaced at the 40k mark and coolant replaced as well while I was spending on lubes.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 12:29   #1796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Hates local traffic of course, the clutch isn't its best feature so you end up with knee pain in early morning rush hour traffic.

Though even that's been a lot better since I had the clutch / brake / gear oils bled out and replaced at the 40k mark and coolant replaced as well while I was spending on lubes.
I got the clutch replaced recently and also the gearbox oil changed and it has been doing great [The clutch is indeed harder than normal cars, with some travel, but not as bad as the Linea ]
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 13:00   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I got the clutch replaced recently and also the gearbox oil changed and it has been doing great [The clutch is indeed harder than normal cars, with some travel, but not as bad as the Linea ]

Fiat's clutches are one of the softest ones available in the market. Yes, their travel is long but one can get used to it. In city traffic conditions a Punto/Linea clutch is a boon with no springy action.
Old 16th January 2019, 20:44   #1798
BHPian

I find the sticker very cool. Proud to be a part of it.

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-20190114_173748.jpg
Old 17th May 2019, 18:40   #1799
BHPian

I am in the market for an used car.
My choices were EcoSport, Aspire, Polo and Vento. (I love fun to drive 1.5 litre diesel cars of Ford and Volkswagen).
I came across a 2013 Ford Fiesta, which is less than 30000km driven, for a fair price.
(Can anyone please confirm if 2013 Fiesta Titanium has 2 airbags, ABS+EBD?)

How is the service and parts availability for Fiesta?
Is it a good decision to go for an used Fiesta as my first car?

Last edited by Arwin07 : 17th May 2019 at 18:58.
Old 18th May 2019, 17:43   #1800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post
(Can anyone please confirm if 2013 Fiesta Titanium has 2 airbags, ABS+EBD?)

100% certain that the Titanium comes with 2 airbags and ABS+EBD. In fact the global fiesta was offered with these safety features even in the base variant. It has brilliant ride and handling balance and a communicative EPS too.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks