Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2011, 12:59   #211
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Well, said, I think that was Ford’s aim as well – to provide the best compromise without diluting their basic traits. If you notice, none of the reviews (Team-BHP, or outside publications) have said anything drastically negative about the 1.5 TDCi. Infact I feel the petrol got some flak because of the superior diesel.
Absolutely. It may not be refined as the famous India's national (fiat's) diesel engine, but definitely not bad. Ford has come with various gear ratios for various cars with the same 1.5TDCi and got succeeded.

I think based on the pricing, this car would become a overall good car with all good features but may not be the best in each one of them.
Old 24th June 2011, 13:00   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Yes the Fiesta offers the best compromise I feel. Features, good dynamics and decent engines.

Although after driving the Verna or the Vento one will be disappointed with the 1.5TDCi engine.
I too feel the Fiesta offers the best compromise. And for a city dwelling customer, who would expect only adequate performance, Fiesta would not disappoint Honestly, I have not seen any Fiesta (Classic) owner bothered about the lack of top end power. But they always are a happy lot to discuss about FE figures! So with nice features, a silent cabin, and very good FE, the Fiesta can keep its owners happy
Old 24th June 2011, 13:13   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Absolutely. It may not be refined as the famous India's national (fiat's) diesel engine, but definitely not bad. Ford has come with various gear ratios for various cars with the same 1.5TDCi and got succeeded.

I think based on the pricing, this car would become a overall good car with all good features but may not be the best in each one of them.
May I ask why do you feel that the Ford diesel is not as refined as Fiat's 1.3 MJD? I find both to be having the same clatter from the outside.

When it comes to the inside, the Punto does have lots of noise intruding into the cabin. I'm not sure of the Swift, SX4, Vista, Manza and Linea though.
Old 24th June 2011, 13:44   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
May I ask why do you feel that the Ford diesel is not as refined as Fiat's 1.3 MJD? I find both to be having the same clatter from the outside.

When it comes to the inside, the Punto does have lots of noise intruding into the cabin. I'm not sure of the Swift, SX4, Vista, Manza and Linea though.
Yes I too feel the clatter of the 1.3 MJD and the TDCi are almost the same. But VW diesels are a lot more clattery and Hyundai's CRDi is the most refined diesel in the mass markets. Just my opinion though
Old 24th June 2011, 14:25   #215
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
May I ask why do you feel that the Ford diesel is not as refined as Fiat's 1.3 MJD? I find both to be having the same clatter from the outside
Yes. Feel DDiS/Quadrajets are less noisy outside than my Figo which has done 14k. But this may be handled better in the new fiesta.

Last edited by RGK : 24th June 2011 at 14:48.
Old 24th June 2011, 16:41   #216
BHPian

Awesomely put together Rehaan! Simply fab review.

I have heard all good things about the erstwhile 1.6 mill, guess the new petrol one is a tad disappointing on the enthu front.

Saw it first in the 'Stuff' magazine's June 2011 issue, but it talks about a 2.0 version of the Fiesta. Thought they were referring to a bigger 2 ltr engine.

Tried taking the page's pic, not legible, look it up at a stand near you, Page 25.
Old 24th June 2011, 23:33   #217
BHPian

One of the best reviews on ever read on an automobile forum, rated 5 stars.

Now, pricing is the trick for Ford India; Given the size of car and the overall package, I feel that the base petrol, if equipped with ABS+Airbags, should start around 6.99 ex showroom Delhi. Add 85-90 k for Diesel base.
Old 25th June 2011, 07:39   #218
Senior - BHPian

Heard that Petrol top end price will be max priced at Rs.9.8L on road & diesel will be Rs.10.80 L on road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Lot of guys are disappointed to see a 1.5Ltr instead of a 1.6 ltr in NFS. Is this frustration more from not getting their expectations met, which is created by the news floating around initially on a possible 1.6ltr motor or is there a real sea difference those two specs (diff of 0.1). After going through this thread, I felt 90 bhp to be the compromise for an enthusiastic (iam not one )

I have read in many TBHP threads, the figures in paper does not show you the real picture. To give you an example

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
What manufacturers show you is the engine horsepower/torque. What actually matters is the wheel horsepower/torque.
What would the case, if this NFS has 10-15 extra BHP?
There are lots of comments on 1.5 Ltr engine..request someone to clarify me on my above query which is more for my understanding

Last edited by Surprise : 25th June 2011 at 07:42.
Old 25th June 2011, 10:31   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Heard that Petrol top end price will be max priced at Rs.9.8L on road & diesel will be Rs.10.80 L on road.
I was hoping that the NFS prices will significantly undercut the ANHV prices. 10.80L on-road for NFS diesel is 6K more than that of ANHV SX diesel. The Sales guy I talked to mentioned the prices will be between 8 to 11 Lakhs. But after some talking he added that the dealers will always quote higher prices during pre-booking so that when actual prices are announced, the customers will be happy about the lower prices. My guess is that the NFS TDCi Titanium will be around 10.30L on road.

@Mustang.101, any news on the launch date and the prices?
Old 25th June 2011, 10:53   #220
BHPian

So got to know some info from an internal source about NFF.
1. The delay in launch is primarily due to pending approval of the imported tires. Sourcing is from Germany and the supplier (Goodyear) missed taking local approvals.
2. Localisation is ~25 %.
3. Initial production schedule for the first year - 20,000 Cars.

Last edited by ritzy : 25th June 2011 at 10:56.
ritzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2011, 12:30   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzy View Post
So got to know some info from an internal source about NFF.
1. The delay in launch is primarily due to pending approval of the imported tires. Sourcing is from Germany and the supplier (Goodyear) missed taking local approvals.
2. Localisation is ~25 %.
3. Initial production schedule for the first year - 20,000 Cars.
If the localization is only ~25%, it could mean very expensive A$$; at least beyond normal service.

(the $$ in A$$ sounds/looks funny now )
Old 25th June 2011, 12:39   #222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
If the localization is only ~25%, it could mean very expensive A$$; at least beyond normal service.
I am not expecting the AS&S to be expensive than competition. Low ownership cost is something which they are really stressing on, and kind of highlighting in every possible media. A sensible manufacturer will not opt for such a step, if that really is not the case.
Old 25th June 2011, 12:48   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I am not expecting the AS&S to be expensive than competition. Low ownership cost is something which they are really stressing on, and kind of highlighting in every possible media. A sensible manufacturer will not opt for such a step, if that really is not the case.
I hope so too.

Just that with 75% components being imported, it may need the company to subsidize part costs to start with, till they get to a much higher localization. And might I add, it may be worthwhile for them to do so, lest Ford gets a bad name on cost of ownership - something they have battled hard for a while now.
Old 25th June 2011, 13:14   #224
Senior - BHPian

Video from their FB page

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
Old 25th June 2011, 14:36   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are lots of comments on 1.5 Ltr engine..request someone to clarify me on my above query which is more for my understanding
The torque at the wheels will always be less than the rated engine output , thats because of transmission losses [ slippage at gear teeth, friction, etc] . This varies from make/model of car as well as deteoriates as the car [or rather the moving parts] gets more used .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks