Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2011, 12:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Rated 5star already.
Look at the content in this review. Absolutely comprehensive, no other review can ever match the content and quality of this review.
The Fiesta in blue looks absolute scorcher.
The foldable seats are good, but they should have given it a 60:40 split.
This would be a great allrounder, just needs a competitive pricing and Verna be will gasping for breath.
Thanks Rehaan for the wonderful review.
Old 21st June 2011, 12:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Fabulous review Rehaan! Also loved the pics, where was this TD/ review done, if you can share the location?

While I agree Ford cars are splendid to drive and the best place to be is in the drivers seat, I think Ford should have not designed the rear interiors so blandly. I mean just look at the rear door! In India, a lot of attention is given to the interiors overall and not only at the front. Moreover, in quite a few households cars are used more when 2+ passengers need to travel. This means the rear seat is occupied in more cars than in Europe/ US.

IIRC, even the Figo came without rear power windows. Ford seems to be missing a trick by giving blandly decorated rear interiors.
IMHO, the car looks like a two part story - the front everything is ok, but the rear actually is offputting.
Old 21st June 2011, 12:16   #18
BHPian

Thanks for the great review, Rehaan. The segment is HOT now. Customers have so much choice and that makes buying decision even more difficult. Vento, Verna, SX4, Linea and now New Fiesta.

Is to possible for you or GTO to make a comparison of these cars and give them your ratings? It will immensely help people in making a decision.
Old 21st June 2011, 12:17   #19
BHPian

• ABS and Dual-airbags are standard across the range, including the entry variants

My desire has come true!! now waiting for the price..

Thanks Rehaan for the Great and (much awaited) Review

Last edited by Twiny : 21st June 2011 at 12:18.
Old 21st June 2011, 12:18   #20
BHPian

Absolutely marvelous review, one really worth waiting for. Brilliant write-up and amazing pictures. Rated this 5* already. Very detailed opinions and pictures. Thank you Rehaan and Team-BHP mods for the review. Reviews like these make the site what it is
Can we have somebody do a comparison between the new Fiesta sedan (NFS) and the All New Hyundai Verna (ANHV).
Old 21st June 2011, 12:18   #21
BHPian

Excellent review Rehaan. The pictures look great and so does the car from the outside. Before reading the other aspects of your review, I scrolled down to the Engine part. The diesel easily seems to be the preferred engine here. Reading your review, it is clear the engine is no where close to the VW Vento TDi in performance terms. The petrol likewise lacks the punch of the outgoing Fiesta Classic.

The interiors look futuristic but the plastic quality looks inferior. Some amount of beige or dual tone would probably have helped.

The pricing will be something to watch out for. Ford would be aware that they are competing with the Vento and City in the diesel & petrol segments respectively. Not forgetting the new Verna and SX4 diesel too.
Old 21st June 2011, 12:20   #22
BHPian

Amazing review, so detailed and thorough.
Just hoping if the figo has any chances of getting this 1.5l diesel burner so that it could compete with the punto 90hp !
Old 21st June 2011, 12:32   #23
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the comments guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
....where was this TD/ review done, if you can share the location?
On the N.I.C.E road between Bangalore and Mysore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
....the car looks like a two part story - the front everything is ok, but the rear actually is offputting.
Interesting comment, especially since it applies inside and out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
...Fiesta Mark I.
Mk 1 would the the first ever Fiesta, launched in 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Is to possible for you or GTO to make a comparison of these cars and give them your ratings?
We've added a post showing the cheif competitors on the earlier page.

"Rating" a car on a scale is something i'm not a fan of, because how good a car is really depends on that particular consumer's preferences and needs, which naturally change from person to person. Taking a little extra time to read the high and low points will give you a much better comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Reading your review, it is clear the engine is no where close to the VW Vento TDi in performance terms.
In terms of diesels definitely not.

Even on paper :
Fiesta vs Vento
1.5L vs 1.6L
90 BHP vs 104 BHP
204 Nm vs 250 Nm

In terms of the petrol engine performance, the Fiesta and Vento are more similar.

We'll add a comparison sheet as soon as Ford releases all the required details.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st June 2011 at 12:36.
Old 21st June 2011, 12:49   #24
BHPian

Excellent review! Have been waiting for this one. I love the voice driven audio systems and the car just looks fab! The silver one looks fantastic...The cruse controls are a dream.
Old 21st June 2011, 12:50   #25
BANNED

Re: Engines & Driving Impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
The new 1.5 petrol just doesn’t have the low-down torque to match the old 1.6 engine. Below 3,000 RPM, there’s no contest. Add to that, the gearing of the new Fiesta is noticeably taller than the Classic (though no figures have been released yet) – this would be a major contributing factor to the difference in peppiness and feel between the two cars, and also greatly responsible for the high ARAI fuel efficiency figures!
Thanks and a great review. I posted this earlier also, The gearing is noticeably taller than the classic. You can easily make out the difference at 100 kmph when the classic is going at around 3300 rpm while the new fiesta is at around 2600 rpm (both in 5th gear).

Also a point that you missed was that the spare wheel is a 14" high profile steel wheel and not a 15" steel wheel.

Cheers!
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 12:51   #26
BHPian

Excellent review! I am disappointed with the petrol. Looks like the classic is a better choice. Ford chose the middle of the line way I guess which would probably get them volume.
@Rehaan/GTO, if you had to rate the fiesta, verna, Vento & the linea on ride and handling how would they fare against each other?

Thanks for the wonderful review.
Old 21st June 2011, 12:52   #27
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Rehaan and the whole team for providing this informative and entertaining review. Definitely a 5-star rated one.

A few of questions:
  1. If you have to rank the following petrols based on driving dynamics or Fun-to-drive aspect, what will be the order according to you - Petrol Fiesta, Honda City, Vento Petrol and Fiat Linea T-Jet?
  2. Not sure if I am colorblind, but what’s the shade of the diesel Fiesta test car – Silver or Beige?
  3. Does the new Fiesta have anti-pinch safety for the windows?
It’s quite funny that Ford had the family man Sandeep in mind while coming up with the Figo, but for a bigger car, they chose the non-family man Ajay - considering the way they ignored the 2nd half of the car

Last edited by vb-saan : 21st June 2011 at 13:02. Reason: Additional question included
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 12:53   #28
BHPian

Great review guys. Rated 5 stars. Btw, how come the link is not present on the Portal yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Can we have somebody do a comparison between the new Fiesta sedan (NFS) and the All New Hyundai Verna (ANHV).
Old 21st June 2011, 12:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

Great review Reehan,

In the head unit, there is a button by the name of TA and same can be seen lit up in the later pics. is that for time alignment?

Last edited by govigov : 21st June 2011 at 12:56.
Old 21st June 2011, 12:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review for sure. No doubt there.
This is one car I so look forward to. Seems like a good replacement and upgrade from the Swift.
However, as rightly pointed out the rear and front are two different stories. As quirky the front is, the rear is equally plain jane, interiors included. The difference is so clearly seen in the pictures itself.

Leaving that aside, IF Ford prices this right, they may have one more reason to celebrate after the Figo sales.

@Rehaan: The comparo with Vento would be great, of course, after Ford release all the details.

P.S: 5 star for sure. Loved the quirky comments!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks