Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2011, 21:31   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Corporate launch @ Aamby Valley

Hope to see first hand visual feel on people here out on NFS. Please confirm on the available colors.

Last edited by Surprise : 9th July 2011 at 21:38.
Old 9th July 2011, 22:28   #392
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb View Post
There is no diesel auto this side of 10L and the only other diesel auto is the New Verna (with the poor 4 Speed One). I would love to upgrade to good diesel auto but the only one left is the Cruze AT which at the moment is out of my reach
I know this is kinda late, but couldn't resist. If you are looking at a good diesel this side of 10L, how did you not check out the Optra Magnum TCDI 2.0?
Old 10th July 2011, 02:15   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyur View Post
I know this is kinda late, but couldn't resist. If you are looking at a good diesel this side of 10L, how did you not check out the Optra Magnum TCDI 2.0?
No Auto :( and except the engine the car is a whole generation old.
Old 10th July 2011, 10:01   #394
Senior - BHPian

if an SUV is an option than you could look at the Scorpio AT
Old 10th July 2011, 10:43   #395
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on this car as it will be displayed today in showrooms for public (in Bangalore?)
Old 10th July 2011, 11:53   #396
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

This baby has been parked in the showroom for Display. They have the Diesel Model right now.

Got a call from an SA 10 minutes back to come and see the new vehicle. I'm off.
Old 10th July 2011, 12:36   #397
BHPian

In Metro Ford Bangalore, the petrol version is on display. Showroom open till 6.30 PM
Old 10th July 2011, 13:27   #398
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Back from the showroom. This car is some LOOKER. Seeing it in real gives you the feeling of it being a sporty hatchback quite contrary to what it actually is. Sporty-looking, I agree but that has been marred by the lack of grunt in the engines. And Not a hatchback, but it so looks like one with the raised boot design.

Interiors give you a snug feeling as the seats are nicely bolstered and partly because the interiors are all done up in shades of grey. Liked the lit up foot wells. The dashboard is stunning. Touching the projection over the instrument binnacle was a put off. The plastic was flexing and did not give a solid or cemented feel. Was demonstrated the voice activation feature in showroom environment, it worked flawlessly considering our Indian accent to English. The rear was a little tight i would say. I would have been a bit more comfortable with an inch of legroom, if not more. Even the width of the rear bench was making two people only pretty cozy with the arm rest in the middle flipped down. No room for a third passenger, or a third passenger of my built at least. Front seat height adjustment has commendable travel. The boot as pointed out by the sales personnel did not have inside protruding wheel arches. The spare wheel was a smaller steel wheel which had a safe driving limit of 80 km/hr, that's a bummer.

The car felt solid inside out. Sitting inside gives you a feeling of sitting in a hatchback. The car is going to handle like Ford. Maybe the best one yet, built in India.

We have two good looking cars on the streets now. Its time to see which one has got it right in the Indian market. My Vote for the Fluidic Verna.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2011, 14:24   #399
Senior - BHPian

Went through the brochure

Available variants: Style/Trend/Titanium/Titanium+

Noticable features not available in Style compared to Trend

No Fog lamps
No Alloy wheels

Noticeable features missing in Trend in compared to Titanium -

Voice controls, but Auto AC
ORVM Electrically foldable
No USB/Bluetooth
Misc: No leather strapped steering wheel/No metallic finishes on Gear Knob, Park brake release knob,handles, AC vents & instrument clusters/Distance to empty, Digital clock

Noticable features not available in Titanium when compared to Titanium +

Cruise Control
Reverse Parking sensors
(Probably leather seats)

Available Colors:

Kinetic Blue
Sea Grey
Moon Dust Silver
Chill Metallic
Panther Black
Squeeze
Diamond White

Dealer's sales representative was explaining to a customer that perfect option for a diesel car would be a FORD/VW (Vento)/Skoda.....definitely not Hyundai or Maruthi. Reason cited by him is car gets unusable after 50k-60k kms & now you know what they fear

As I walked out of the showroom, saw a black fluidic beauty cruising on the empty afternoon roads.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-fiestaed.jpg  

Last edited by Surprise : 10th July 2011 at 14:45.
Old 10th July 2011, 14:30   #400
Distinguished - BHPian

What time is the launch? If its already happened can someone post the prices?
Old 10th July 2011, 14:31   #401
BANNED

Went to Kairaly ford for fiesta unveiling. Got fiesta brochure.

Length : 4291 mm
Width : 1722 mm
Height : 1496 mm
Wheelbase : 2489 mm
Fuel Tank capacity : 43 Ltrs
The variants are Style, trend, titanium, titanium+.
Old 10th July 2011, 14:53   #402
BHPian

Saw the car in flesh for the first time and pretty impressed with the looks. The front and side profile are the best. The rear is not in the same leagues of front and side, but it did not look so awkward as it does in the pictures. It looks a tad smaller than Verna. The looks from few angles reminded Verna and ANHC.

Felt very comfortable in driver seat and front passenger seat. The rear seat is comfortable as well if the front seat is not pushed all the way back. I felt better in NFS rear seat than the Verna's rear seat. I think the low seat setting and poor under thigh support play spoil sport in Verna's rear seat.

The car is available in 7 shades. Chill Metalic, Kinetic Blue, Panther Black, Sea Grey, Squeeze, Moon Dust Silver and Diamond white. The display car was a petrol in diamond white shade.

The car seems to be well put together. The interior fit and finish is good. Though the plastic quality of the upper side of the dash is very good, the lower side could have been much better.

The sales team were struggling to answer some of our questions. One sales guy was showing the petrol engine to an unsuspecting customer and talked about TDCi technology, internal turbo cooler and so on. He also claimed it is the same engine that is being offered worldwide in Fiesta. I could not stand his bluffing and moved on.

One of the pages in the bochure is dedicated to "Personalize your all new Ford Fiesta" and talks about interior personalization pack and others. The things got my attention were front arm rest and sporty air drum. It mentioned about "Bug deflector" without any picture. What is it?

One other obeservation is that the difference between the 4 trims were very minimal. The base variant "Style" is well loaded with all safety features and is missing only few features.

Now, I am looking forward to two things. Test Drive and the price.
Old 10th July 2011, 14:55   #403
BANNED

Another importent thing noticed in diesel , it is SOHC compared to DOHC 1.6 TDCi avialable internationally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post

One other obeservation is that the difference between the 4 trims were very minimal. The base variant "Style" is well loaded with all safety features and is missing only few features.

Style and Trend varients will be VFM for sure..

Updated dimension comparison of new Fiesta and ANHV. We have done it earlier.

Dimension measured - Fiesta - Verna
Width - 1722 - 1700 mm
Wheelbase - 2489 - 2570 mm
Length - 4291 - 4370 mm
Height - 1496 - 1475 mm

New fiesta is more wider and taller than ANHV. Verna is more lengthier than new fiesta.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th July 2011 at 07:14. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+ / MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
Old 10th July 2011, 15:11   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post

One of the pages in the bochure is dedicated to "Personalize your all new Ford Fiesta" and talks about interior personalization pack and others. The things got my attention were front arm rest and sporty air drum. It mentioned about "Bug deflector" without any picture. What is it?

Could you put up snapshots of the brochure? I couldn't find the updated brochure on the ford website - the one there is the plain vanilla one giving just overall info about the car.
Old 10th July 2011, 15:19   #405
BHPian

Had been to Metro Ford. Power of petrol is 81ps.

Car looks good and even seats. Doesnt look so bad from rear profile. The sale executive gave a vague idea on price but i beleive its his wildest guess and I dont feel it worth putting in such splendid forum. Now wait till 14th..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks