Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2011, 14:35   #586
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

I presume Ford has priced a tad higher to accommodate the Fiesta hatch between the Classic and the new Fiesta in the coming days.
Old 14th July 2011, 14:36   #587
Team-BHP Support

I think this is a total goof up by Ford! Prices are way too high for what is being offered. Knock out atleast 50k through out the range to sustain some sales figures after the initial hype. Really a bad move from Ford!
Old 14th July 2011, 14:42   #588
BHPian

Ford seems to have lost the plot unfortunately. I have a fiesta classic and Figo in the house and this pricing really worries me.

Hopefully this is not the last word and somebody in ford india will have better sense. Hope this new fiesta doesn't go the fusion route because of the price.
Old 14th July 2011, 14:46   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
My opinion for this is that the pricing is good for any european country or maybe america but for India, the variants are priced around 50-75K more for each variant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
It just makes the Vento extremely VFM in my opinion. If VW brings in a comfortline variant then it will become even more difficult for the NFS to survive. Hugely disappointed with the high price tag. Or may be we were expecting too much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I think this is a total goof up by Ford! Prices are way too high for what is being offered. Knock out atleast 50k through out the range to sustain some sales figures after the initial hype. Really a bad move from Ford!
Cant agree better. If you sit at the rear seat of the new Ford Fiesta you would see the cost cutting measures brought in. If this was the pricing they were thinking of they should not have done that to the rear part.

This price would have surely been justified for a 1.6 higher spec engine and similar treatment to the rear as they have done to the front. As the product stands now. This is the biggest pricing goof up by ford. I guess they got carried away and mis-read the expectations of the public.

I hope the car is a drool to drive and people end up buying it.
Old 14th July 2011, 14:51   #590
BHPian

50K premium for fogs, alloys and footwell lamp Crazy pricing from Ford. Pricing base model (P) more than 75K compared to Honda is completely shocking

I have decided to cancel my Trend (D) booking.

Certainly Vento now looks VFM, or get the classic.
Old 14th July 2011, 14:53   #591
BHPian

Onroad prices in bangalore

Model - Price+Tax+Ins+expenses
Titanuim: 10,30,763 + 1,63,385 + 33,022 + 7000 = 12,34,170
Trend---: 09,90,229 + 1,54,085 + 31,767 + 7000 = 11,83,081.
(Diesel Variants)
PHEW! That does it! I am holding my cheque till discounts are offered.

Last edited by optimist : 14th July 2011 at 15:09. Reason: "Style" corrected to "Trend", Price mistke, and engine clarity
optimist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 14:55   #592
Distinguished - BHPian

I seriously feel this new strategy or shall I call it greed of coming out with many variants spanning all across the price range is a bad move.
12L for the ANHV: Atleast has 6 air bags, looks good and hyundai's after sales.
12L for NFS: Whats special in the car? I am really at a loss here.

Why won't a customer just put an additional 1L and get a cruze LT. Its 12L ex-showroom delhi and should be around 13L OTR. Different segment totally!

I really dont feel pricing these cars way into the C+ segment is a great idea in the long run. ANHV atleast has the advantage of the AT , so it will sell as there is no other diesel AT car in that price bracket.
Old 14th July 2011, 14:56   #593
BHPian

In terms of build quality and quality of component provided NFS is simply superb. Many aspects Ford has better quality better than City (No question on engine here) and Vento. Other two are percived novelty attached them and hence belief is better. Ford want to compete with Honda and VW not Hundai!

Ford may have bought the VFM Figo, that doesn't means that they have to price every thing below their competitor. They priced according to the product!

Still the pricing is around 50K more than what it should be. Price would have been accepted, had Honda not reduced the price by that much. Just checked feature by features of City and NFS. Entry level NFS has similar feature that of SMT City. Even Trendline Vento has entry level NFS feature bar alloys. May be Ford wanted to see response and position itself. Crucially it wants to look at City upgrade if any and its prise. Expect Ford classic 'NFS exclusive'/'NFS Limited Edition' starting festive season.
Old 14th July 2011, 15:00   #594
BHPian

Sorry, but 2 Thumbs Down to Ford India.

I did not expect the pricing to be too far off from Verna/Vento/City, but certainly didn't expect it to be higher than any of them!

First, after all the hype (both in India and Internationally) about the excellent 120 BHP 1.6 petrol engine, you come in with this 1.5 version which has been panned by every single reviewer as being underpowered!

Then after all the fuss about VFM and agressive pricing, you go and make yourself the most expensive.

After the engine buggerup, I brought the T-Jet and Vento back on my list - now I have to bring the City on there as well!

And I certainly wouldn't want to wait for an 'S' edition which obviously would be even more expensive these this! [and as some others have pointed out, suddenly the price gap to the Cruz doesn't seem to be all that much...]

Really, I think Ford has fallen prey to the classic marketing dept fantasy, build great hype and expectation (which they did pretty well and over a loooong period), then cash in on it. Hey guys, have you forgotten, this is India! Well obviously they did not forgot since they dumped the 1.6 for better FE, but then where's the consistency in pricing?

As an owner of a Fusion, I am sad to see that perhaps the lessons really haven't been learnt, even after the grand Figo success.

Perhaps they are hoping that the long Vento/Verna waitlists will pull people towards the new Fiesta? I think with this pricing, they will certainly be able to maintain a 2 month waitlist at Ford. Hmmm, I think some big-shot in Honda India must be sitting around with the biggest-ever grin on his face.

Well, time will tell, hope I am proved wrong.

Last edited by Fusion2006 : 14th July 2011 at 15:05.
Old 14th July 2011, 15:00   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post

Titanuim: 10,30,763 + 1,63,385 + 33,022 + 7000 = 12,31,170
Style----: 09,90,229 + 1,54,085 + 31,767 + 7000 = 11,83,081.

I was also interested in the Titanium model. 12.31 L is on higher side. Was expecting it to be between 11.75 and 12L. But then I really like the car :(
Old 14th July 2011, 15:00   #596
Senior - BHPian

Why is there such a steep difference between the top end Classic petrol and the entry level variant of NFS. There seems to be more than 75K difference betwen the prices.

I had hoped I could visit the Ford dealer and look for a good bargain for my Classic but I guess I am more than happy to keep my Classic.
Old 14th July 2011, 15:01   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post

Titanuim: 10,30,763 + 1,63,385 + 33,022 + 7000 = 12,31,170
Style----: 09,90,229 + 1,54,085 + 31,767 + 7000 = 11,83,081.

I think you meant Trend in the above OTR prices. Until they drop prices by 60K - 70K ex-showroom it will still be costly.
Old 14th July 2011, 15:01   #598
Senior - BHPian

Technical Specifications and Features from the Fiesta brochure.

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-fiestaspecs9.jpg

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-fiestafeat000.jpg
Old 14th July 2011, 15:04   #599
BHPian

Ford just handed their share over nicely to ANHV and Vento. If the sales figures force them to reduce their price anywhere in the near future, wouldn't that in turn become a factor itself for lesser sales? I somehow have a feeling Ford have played their cards wrong this time around
Old 14th July 2011, 15:07   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I was also interested in the Titanium model. 12.31 L is on higher side. Was expecting it to be between 11.75 and 12L. But then I really like the car :(
Please read the Style as Trend and the Titanuim total as 12,34,170. Sorry for the mistakes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks