Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2011, 16:02   #616
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

How can ford be so price insensitive in this segment ? This pretty much makes the most costliest vehicle in the C Segment ... It's expensive than Optra Magnum by a good 1.5 Lakhs

Here is the bangalore on road price for Ford Fiesta.. I have taken the Base and Highend model from both Petrol and Diesel... Top end Fiesta diesel is a whooping 12.99 Lakhs !!!!! Couple of more lakhs can fetch Curze now.

lets see how market responds to this price, i don't expect this to be a Vento/City/Verna killer by any means of imagination.

Name:  FF-Bloreonroadprice.bmp
Views: 4833
Size:  991.7 KB
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 16:04   #617
BHPian

Foolishness of the stubborn kind I would say. When the most calculative Japs could reform from their mistakes at Honda just a few days back, setting an example. The Yankees sitting in the Ford boardroom have only reinforced the belief that they only realize that they are in a ditch when they land there on their bums. Sorry for the outburst guys. But why does the driving enthusiast always gets a raw deal. Now any idiot will buy a VW over Ford at the same given price, let alone a more expensive Ford. Damage done beyond repair to the image of Fiesta, now they will give discounts and play all kind of marketing gimmicks but by than nobody will have any faith left in its resale value and so much more. Stupid Ford.
zulfi hansi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 16:07   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Sugeeta: with the pricing out, have you decided on the trim - is it Titanium or Titanium+? And have you contacted the dealer on the possible delivery date?

Interested to see the first hand ownership report of the now-pricey car
vb-san; just a minute ago I was quoting the famous Salman Khan dialogue in a conversation with my husband : "Ek baar main commitment kar deta hoon.....".

He was asking me if I still wanted to go ahead with the Fiesta and I said yes.

The version decided for is Titanium+. Delivery is probably in the 1st week of August.

Will retain it for the next 4-5 years at least. I like the 100,000 kms. warranties.

Might go in for some adjustments / tunings after the 50K kms. mark.

Am planning to retain the present Fiesta and sell the Ikon.

I just hope I am making the right choice. Time will tell. I continue to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 14th July 2011 at 16:12.
Old 14th July 2011, 16:07   #619
Senior - BHPian

Are these prices pre Honda City price slash, If so it would have made sense since the pricing is almost in the Ex-City price range. But after the recent price cut, ANHC looks more better option than the NFS and this gives a definite edge for Honda.

Hadn't the Ford mgmt already seen what the price cut had done to ANHC and still they go and make the same mistake. I feel pity for most of the eagerly waiting customers who now have to rethink again.

Hats off to Sugeeta for going ahead with the buy purely based on Ford faith. All the best.
Old 14th July 2011, 16:08   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
If You have pressed the body panels / slammed the doors of both, the answers will be readily available.
According to that definition, will you tell that a Tata1210 SE is better built than a Fiesta? Man, you need a hammer to deform the cowl of a truck. Build quality usually defines how well things are put together and the tolerances accepted at quality check. I was really astonished to hear comments like "ORVM of Fiesta is better than Verna"! Now what does that supposed to mean?
The selling points of the Verna against Fiesta would be the better safety equipments, better engine and an AT (albeit a 4 speed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
+1 to that. Just because ANHV is from a Korean car company, doesn't mean its not capable. IMO Hyundai has got a great car to our shores and even though it doesn't handles well, it will surely sell. The Etios is proof that most customers in India are not driving enthusiasts and they prefer a VFM product.
Totally agree with your comment.
Regarding the Fiesta, I really feel that everything is fine except the engine. For the price, they should have given a better diesel engine, especially when the associated systems are capable to handle it.

Last edited by A350XWB : 14th July 2011 at 16:21.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 16:13   #621
BHPian

Stupid pricing what were they thinking, me and my friend already went to the dealership thrice and my friend zeroed in on the car completely. Super disappointed. Not worth the price at all. It's not sooo amazing that you pay 12 lacs plus for the top end diesel variant with 90bhp. What will a guy do with ARAI 23.5 kmpl when he anyway has to pay so much for it.

I also think ford is in a soup now. Best of the people who have known Ford from close quarters, my friend and I (I have Fiesta and Figo) are drifiting towards Honda City and the Verna, imagine people who don't know about the brand as much as we do. Another Ford car doing a 1000 units a month

Last edited by abhi1309 : 14th July 2011 at 16:16.
Old 14th July 2011, 16:18   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Is it only me or are there others who think that after the release of prices, the Linea MJD (or even the T-Jet) suddenly seems even more well-priced as compared to the New Fiesta?

It has the same level of equipment (except footwell lighting!), equally good (if not better) handling and dynamics with a delectable HPS, similar specs from the engine (diesel) and a much superior petrol (T-Jet), now also being offered with some discounts. Only the FE of the Linea *might* be lower by 2 kpl or so.

You could stretch the difference between top-end diesels of both cars by almost Rs 2 lakhs now after the discounts! If only Tata-Fiat knew how to utilise their opportunities.
Line MJD is 1.3 L Diesel right?
Old 14th July 2011, 16:20   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
According to that definition, will you tell that a Tata1210 SE is better built than a Fiesta? Man, you need a hammer to deform the cowl of a truck. Build quality usually defines how well things are put together and the tolerances accepted at quality check. I was really astonished to hear comments like "ORVM of Fiesta is better than Verna"! Now what does that supposed to mean?
The selling points of the Verna against Fiesta would be the better safety equipments, better engine and an AT (albeit a 4 speed)
Each to his opinion. Those were what I felt after driving the verna 5 times and sitting in the ford with the engine on for 15 mins and looking at it for an hour in the showroom. Sorry but no more comments from me.

Last edited by optimist : 14th July 2011 at 16:22.
Old 14th July 2011, 16:26   #624
BHPian

After Figo's competitive pricing and huge success I thought Ford has learnt the lessons well and they know what Indian customer is looking for in the market.But seems the success has gone directly to their head! Even if the base variant is well-equipped I think it's a bit overpriced.Something around 7.5 lacs(Petrol) and 8.25-8.5lacs (Diesel) is what I was expecting it to be..And it's not that(old Fiesta) good an enthusiast's car anymore.The engine feels under-powered as said by some.Who'd buy it then?

PS: Beware! Those of you who are planning to buy the new Fiesta.With the kind of competition and 'cut-price-war' going around,who knows if tomorrow Ford revises the prices and gives discounts worth lacs! You won't like it..;-)
Old 14th July 2011, 16:27   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Line MJD is 1.3 L Diesel right?
Indeed it's a 1.3L MJD. But the specs are better than the 1.5L TDCi in the Fiesta.

1.3 MJD - 93/4000 (ps/rpm) & 209/2000 (Nm/rpm)
1.5 TDCi - 90/3750 (ps/rpm) & 204/2000-2750 (Nm/rpm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
Each to his opinion. Those were what I felt after driving the verna 5 times and sitting in the ford with the engine on for 15 mins and looking at it for an hour in the showroom. Sorry but no more comments from me.
Nothing personal brother. I totally respect your views and opinions. As you can see, I already own a Ford and was looking forward for the prices of the Fiesta to be revealed. But I was disappointed, mainly with the engine choice in the diesel. In no car, you can get everything (I always wanted a Fiesta (old) with a Verna CRDi engine), unfortunately. Each person will have to choose according to his/her weightage for different aspects. My only point was that Fiesta is not a perfect car, just like the Verna.

Last edited by A350XWB : 14th July 2011 at 16:35.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 16:32   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Indeed it's a 1.3L MJD. But the specs are better than the 1.5L TDCi in the Fiesta.

1.3 MJD - 93/4000 (ps/rpm) & 209/2000 (Nm/rpm)
1.5 TDCi - 90/3750 (ps/rpm) & 204/2000-2750 (Nm/rpm)
Was not aware of this. Thank you. Now apart from Optra Magnum I will add this car also to the list. Someway Tata A.S.S put me away.
Old 14th July 2011, 16:42   #627
BHPian

I don't understand this. First people cry themselves hoarse that a company should provide all safety features like airbags, ABS and EBD on even the lowest variants, and how no company does that on a "below 10 lac" car. Now when a company does the right thing, everyone goes "Whoa what have they done, why is it so expensive". Infact, in the comparision sheet posted, going by the equipment levels, the lowest variant of the fiesta should be compared to the mid variant of other cars.

Do you want the safety and other equipment free of cost?

Last edited by Neilguy : 14th July 2011 at 16:47.
Neilguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 16:43   #628
Senior - BHPian

13k Lakhs for a Fiesta? What are they thinking? I rather buy a Toyota or some some other Jap sedan which will be more reliable and easier to maintain than this.
Old 14th July 2011, 16:47   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
13k Lakhs for a Fiesta? What are they thinking? I rather buy a Toyota or some some other Jap sedan which will be more reliable and easier to maintain than this.
You are right with the 13 lac statement but the rest is all trash and a bit immature. That's just a myth that Fords are more expensive to maintain and of course we have had a million threads in team-bhp to discuss that. Keep that topic away from this thread. I can vouch for the maintenance part having two fords with me.
Old 14th July 2011, 16:49   #630
BHPian

Wow never expected Ford to price Fiesta so high after the success of Figo. Looks like Ford granted a second life to Linea. I hope TATA and Fiat will make use of the opportunity properly.

Most Viewed