Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2011, 17:51   #646
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
In comparison, the Fluence Diesel is just Rs 2.5L dearer and the Corolla Diesel is just 3L more for the mid spec G!
IMO, the new Fiesta is overpriced by around 75k.
Well, the Fluence diesel is with bare minimum features, and still expensive by 2.5 lakhs. Even the base variant of Fiesta should be better equipped than the Renault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Why do say its an old gen Fiesta? This is the Fiesta Mark VI which is sold globally, and it surely seems to be new gen.
I think he meant the Fiesta Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
Who knows? I might decide to buy it also after the self made shock wears away.
Yeah, I think a lot of these reactions are because of the misalignment with expectations. Everyone was expecting the Fiesta to be priced way below the likes of Verna / Vento, this pricing came as a rude shock. Let us know of your decision once the storm settles

Mustang: Any idea on what are the sales forecast for the new Fiesta for this year? Even that would have been decided months before the actual launch. I feel they might have set a realistic target which is aligned to this pricing.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 17:52   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
even the guys at showroom were looking disappointed & shocked with the pricing!
That is, actually a good sign. Ford may move to cut prices, earlier than expected.
tortoise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 18:26   #648
Senior - BHPian

Like everyone on this forum, im shocked ! What on earth are ford doing? I sat in the car and it feels sporty yet not premium enough for the price. I mean when you sit inside a Verna and see the features they have on offer in the SX (O) Edition, it certainly justifies the price tag. I wont buy an SX(O) and will settle for a SX, but i certainly wont crib about its pricing given the features.
The Ford Titanium has some useless features like Cruise Control (i dont think anyone can convince me about its use in India) and Voice Control (pain to use), its much easier to press buttons then to try and get your speech absolutely clear when you command the system.

Last edited by nik_kapur : 14th July 2011 at 18:29. Reason: adding a line
Old 14th July 2011, 18:30   #649
BANNED

Fiesta Titanium+ D : Rs. 10,42,200/-Name:  jerrylaugh.gif
Views: 2894
Size:  142.1 KB Hyundai maybe just doing like that.

Oh God Ford messed up in big time. I was expecting a killer price like Figo and they had all the time in this world to do it accordingly. Over confidence may be !
Old 14th July 2011, 18:31   #650
Senior - BHPian

I think ANFS is priced so exuberantly to accommodate ANFH (Fiesta Hatch)

Now there is decent pricing room between Figo - Fiesta Classic- ANFS.

Let us hope for the best. Just imagine the same ANFS without that huge boot, funky and sporty!

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 14th July 2011, 18:31   #651
BHPian

I am a bit taken back by the pricing. Wife wanted a Verna but I was not for it. Now with the Fiesta pricing out, the verna makes a good argument for itself. The new fiesta has excellent handling but mediocre engines. Verna has less than mediocre handling but an excellent engine. Man, how I wish I could plonk the verna engine in the fiesta.
Well, Ford when are you doling out the discounts?
Old 14th July 2011, 18:31   #652
BHPian

Unless the new Fiesta beats the classic in ride and handling, the classic SXI looks to me to be a real VFM car
Old 14th July 2011, 18:36   #653
Senior - BHPian

Very optimistic pricing I must say. Ford does not have the brand value of a Honda or a VW, so this is very surprising. Even the engines are nothing to brag about.

As for the Verna, very few people hesitate buying a Hyundai, but they will for a Ford.

Lets see how the market responds.
Old 14th July 2011, 18:46   #654
Senior - BHPian

Ford India has lost it completely. HSCIL, will rule the Petrol segment with the lower priced City. The Verna and Vento will rule the upper C Segment ( Diesel) while SX4 will continue to attract the price sensitive Diesel buyer with the added advantage of a wide spread and efficient service network.

I anticipate lot of discounting to happen in the festival season.

Ford has gone back to being afraid of success. At these prices the Ford Fiesta Diesel negates the saving the low running costs would have provided.

FOr me the decison of holding on to my SX 4 became that much easier.
Old 14th July 2011, 19:13   #655
BHPian

Shocking !!!

Honda Jazz pricing helped i20 to be a supper hit. Ford Fiesta pricing will help Hyundai Verna and VW Vento to do the same
Old 14th July 2011, 19:13   #656
BHPian

What a shocker.
My god. Seems Ford has included the time and effort we all spent following fiesta's threads on the forum for the last 6 months in the price.
It's like a guy saying he want to sell his house and then quotes an amount in such a way that it does not get sold.
Old 14th July 2011, 19:17   #657
Distinguished - BHPian

This Fiesta has no right (convincing reason) to be priced as the most expensive car in it's segment and to cost about 1.5L (?) more than the Fiesta Classic.

I dread to think what the Focus will cost when it's launched.
Old 14th July 2011, 19:23   #658
BHPian

The New Fiesta will follow the JAZZ(y) way soon. expect the price cuts later months.
Old 14th July 2011, 19:28   #659
BHPian

Here are my 2 cents! Sorry in advance for such a long post.
  • First of all i think it is unfair to compare the pricing strategy behind the Figo & the NFF. The Figo was built & lunched with the very intention of it being a really value for money car & thus the use of an old platform, an existing design (mini Fusion) & an already existing Diesel engine (not sure if the petrol Figo sells in high numbers). Whereas the NFF is a completely new car & brand new engines.
  • I think Ford made a mistake with the pricing of the NFF. They should take a leaf out of Hyundai's book & try to understand the way Hyundai has worked so hard to re-model their brand image over the years, with a change in marketing strategy, from being a cheap VFM car to a VFM car with excellent quality & A.S.S.. It took them years to prove themselves after the initial years of a series of unsuccessful cars. They started with the i10, then the i20 & now finally the public has accepted a semi-premium ANHV. Ford tried to achieve the same with just one Figo. They should have priced it lower even if that meant cutting down on certain features like cruise control & voice activation.
  • With the pricing of NFF, Hyundai got second time lucky. Suddenly, the ANHV is looking more VFM than the initial perception of being highly priced. Something similar to what happened with the i20. Looked expensive when launched but then became value for money with the launch of Jazz. Hyundai should be thankful to both Honda & Ford.
  • Again, i think it is not fair to both Hyundai & Ford when people say that City & Vento are more value for money. We should not be comparing the pricing of the top-end City & Vento to that of ANHV & NFF's top-end, as the former don't even have half the equipment list of the latter two. We would be better off comparing them to the mid-variants of both Verna & Fiesta as that would be comparing apple to apple.

My comparison of the NFF to its competion (These are my personal opinion & nothing against anyone)

Verna vs Fiesta
  • Verna has better interior quality. Better & more useful equipment list. Better engines. Better pricing & better A.S.S..
  • Fiesta has the better handling

City vs Fiesta
  • City still has the best petrol engine in its class. More lively interiors (although that is subjective). Better brand name in India.
  • Fiesta has the Diesel engine. Way ahead in equipment list.

Vento vs Fiesta
  • Vento has a more reponsive Diesel engine. Might just be on-par with the handling. Interiors might just be too simple for some.
  • Fiesta should be cheaper to maintain. More funky interiors. Better equipment list.

Lastly , i don't think any other brand has understood the consumer's demands & need (specially in India) better than Hyundai. And that shows in their sales, not only in India but also Internationally. Kudos to them !!!
ankan_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 19:30   #660
BHPian

Ford folks who decided on pricing must be smoking something. Now ANHV looks absolute VFM and interior quality is top notch.

Ford will have to swallow this bitter pill (pricing) & come up with competitive pricing shortly like Honda did with city

God Bless competition

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks