Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2011, 19:35   #661
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I am a bit taken back by the pricing. Wife wanted a Verna but I was not for it. Now with the Fiesta pricing out, the verna makes a good argument for itself. The new fiesta has excellent handling but mediocre engines. Verna has less than mediocre handling but an excellent engine. Man, how I wish I could plonk the verna engine in the fiesta.
Well, Ford when are you doling out the discounts?
Could not help smiling at your post. It looks neither God nor car manufacturers in India give what we want !!

Having said that, I think Fiesta is going to get 'Jazzed' !!! And I have a sneaky feeling that the car manufacturers in India have a special and secret 'mutual admiration club'. Everyone thought i20 was priced high till Jazz entered the picture. Now, suddenly, Honda City, Linea, Verna have become the beacon of hope !! Let us wish Ford does not take too long to bring in its 'Special' and 'Ultra Special' editions (like the chaiwallah getting 'pecial' chai), say by Diwali !!!
Old 14th July 2011, 19:42   #662
BHPian

Disappointed with the pricing of Fiesta. What were they thinking No way am I going to consider this car now with these prices. Its off the list. On the brighter side they have made life easier for me with one less choice on my list
Old 14th July 2011, 19:43   #663
BHPian

Amidst all this gloom one just needs to visit the Hyundai Verna thread to see the repeat of same pattern. The costly Verna now became VFM. So when the face lifted City is launched or if the new rumoured Vento with better music system etc is launched then am sure most will say Fiesta is VFM. It's just a moving target. I was shocked initially. But thinking about it calmly after some hours makes me feel that what's the additional price of 50000 I am paying for? Safety and better handling in my opinion. 50000 over a 5 year EMI will not be a deal breaker for me.

P.S. My choice is Fiesta D Titanium.
Old 14th July 2011, 19:47   #664
BHPian

I'd much rather buy a Renault Fluence diesel at 14 lakh odd than plonk 13 lakh odd for a Ford Fiesta. I used to own a Ford Ikon between 2005 and 2010 and while it was a great car, the service experience was terrible. I'd easily trust any other brand more than Ford. Ford would have go jump over the moon to convert me, which at these prices, they obviously haven't.
Old 14th July 2011, 19:56   #665
BHPian

Quote:
I am a bit taken back by the pricing. Wife wanted a Verna but I was not for it. Now with the Fiesta pricing out, the verna makes a good argument for itself. The new fiesta has excellent handling but mediocre engines. Verna has less than mediocre handling but an excellent engine. Man, how I wish I could plonk the verna engine in the fiesta.
Well, Ford when are you doling out the discounts?
Right now the best balance in this segment is the Vento, good ride and handling, power is good too. Because of the Fiesta pricing, VW & Hyundai will see a surge in booking. Many who were waiting for the Fiesta would have madeup there mind even without going for the TD. I see even Honda City benefiting from it now. One company's foolishness is a big gain for the other 3.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 20:03   #666
BHPian

I feel that the Ford has taken a jump rather than a step like the hyundai guys have.

Look at hyundai they had the verna then the ugly transform and now the fluiic verna. They have increased price in steps. Although it might not be much makes it easy for people to swallow.

Look at Ford now, they had this fiesta at around 8L and then brought out the el cheapo version at 7L (classic) and announced there would be a replacement. fiesta...

And now in the end of all the waiting... They price the Fiesta so high. It is a might jump from the 7L Fiesta D. So public just find it so difficult to digest it.
Old 14th July 2011, 20:05   #667
Senior - BHPian

The price comparison shown in the first page is a bit misleading.

Considering VentoD Highline, the direct competitor is TREND.
STYLE looses out on Alloys, Fogs, Auto ac. (Point me if I missed something imp.)

So the price difference is 50K which is still enormous. in 1 word RIDICULOUS.

It does not have the Punch of Vento.
It does not have the Space of Vento.
It comes nowhere close to delivering similar interior part quality.
And most importantly, It does not have the Brand of VW.

Dismal Pricing I must say.
Old 14th July 2011, 20:08   #668
Team-BHP Support

I feel it’s a bit too early to comment if the Fiesta will get Jazz-ed or not (so inappropriate term for a clearance sale)

I am interested to see how the pricing game evolve in the coming few months
If you look at the two new cars (Fiesta & Verna), the price difference between the top variants (in respective petrol & diesel segments) is not so huge. If City is coming with a refresh in a few months, it could get on par, or beyond the pricing of both Fiesta & Verna. And the Vento diesel – great engine for sure, but it is really in need of some comfort features in the top end version. I hear that VW is seriously taking customer feedbacks, and maybe we can expect a refresh and price hike there as well. This can leave both Fiesta and Verna on good grounds with no price hike.
Old 14th July 2011, 20:18   #669
Senior - BHPian

I was one of the first in this forum to book NFS & now (one of the) first to cancel the booking as well.

There were indications that top end variant of current classic fiesta will be discontinued to accommodate the base variant of NFS. I was expecting the base variant of NFS to be somewhere in the region of Rs.8.25-8.50L (ex)...now a clear Rs.1L costlier than my estimate.

Never thought of Linea before, but looks like it will be one of the top contenders..Even the classic SXI at Rs.8L (Ex-Sh) is an option now. Back to the reviews of TBHP. Iam happy that both the cars are available readily & can be test driven even tomorrow. Wow! what a relief to be in this position.
PS: Ford did their part well in keeping the buyers decision postponed by doing something at regular intervals for the last 2-3 months...very bad I did not went ahead with my Vento TDI booking, else I might be counting the days for delivery of my dream beauty VENTO TDI

Edit: First time OPTRA getting crossed in my mind as well

Last edited by Surprise : 14th July 2011 at 20:45.
Old 14th July 2011, 20:22   #670
BHPian

I've been pondering over the prices and does this mean there is space below to launch the new Fiesta hatchback?
Old 14th July 2011, 20:38   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Right now the best balance in this segment is the Vento, good ride and handling, power is good too. Because of the Fiesta pricing, VW & Hyundai will see a surge in booking. Many who were waiting for the Fiesta would have madeup there mind even without going for the TD. I see even Honda City benefiting from it now. One company's foolishness is a big gain for the other 3.
For me the downers for the vento is the huge waiting period and the engine racket. Also I was not too happy the the attitude of the sales staff.
Old 14th July 2011, 20:44   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For me the downers for the vento is the huge waiting period and the engine racket. Also I was not too happy the the attitude of the sales staff.
Yes, huge waiting period is a big minus. Else I would have a VTDI parked in my garage.

Quote:
engine racket

What is that?
Old 14th July 2011, 20:45   #673
BHPian

This is suicidal pricing from Ford ... they have been way too optimistic - reminds me of Aria's pricing in recent times!

I suspect the reasons for the pricing decision could be:
- Optimism that they can sell a fair no. of fiestas in the first year due to the novelty factor etc and then use the same strategy of 'limited editions' that they employed with the fiesta classic to shore up sales in future years
- They may be looking at launching the Fiesta hatch - so - trying not to encroach on the hatch's pricing territory
- Not kill the Classic Fiesta, which now seems VFM, especially for a fan of Ford's build quality, handling and ride

Nonetheless, terribly disappointed by the pricing !

Suddenly, ANHC (Petrol), ANHV (P & D), Fiesta Classic (P & D), Linea (D & T-jet), SX4 (D), Vento (D) all seem like VFM candidates.

Last edited by RoadTiger : 14th July 2011 at 20:47.
Old 14th July 2011, 20:55   #674
Senior - BHPian

Its ironic how things change...
First Ford brings in Ikon and makes waves.
Then they bring the Fusion and disappoint people.
Next they bring Fiesta to gain some respect.
Then Figo wins everyones hearts over, to an extent that NFF is discussed to extent of 670 post even before price is announced.

Then, crap they announce the price and take three steps backwards in its customers mind.

Just two months back it was considered that Ford was great thinker with Figo pricing, and GM was a snub with failed products.
Now with the NFF pricing and on other hand launch of BEAT TCDI, ironic how the tables have changed and GM has become a better thinker, and has got an upper hand.
Old 14th July 2011, 20:58   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Yes, huge waiting period is a big minus. Else I would have a VTDI parked in my garage.

What is that?
I mean the engine sound, seriously it sounded like an Indica to me. But I could still go for it but 9 months (I was told this by Palace Cross VW) is just a ridiculous time to wait for it. Its just not worth it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks