1.5 P Trend 1059853.00
1.5 P Titanium 1107801.00
1.5 P Titanium + 1137767.00
FORD NEW FIESTA DIESEL
1.5 D Style 1119789.00
1.5 D Trend 1179724.00
1.5 D Titanium 1262044.00
1.5 D Titanium + 1292854.00
13L for a fiesta!!!!! Thats a shocker of a price. Put some more and buy a Cruze LT. Even though it might be low on features compared to the fiesta, its got the most important features (ABS, Airbags).
Old 15th July 2011, 11:48   #707
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

The pricing seems way off the mark..

After the brilliant pricing for the the FIGO,why has ford backtracked?

Am not sure it would be a success..
Old 15th July 2011, 12:13   #708
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
In spite of all the bad press the pricing of NFS has earned in less than 24 hours of its pricing announcement, my booking still holds good.
Good going! So it’s going to be the Silver shade? Most probably yours will be the first ownership thread of the New Fiesta Diesel

You have any information on the ground clearance? It’s not mentioned in the Ford website as well (as of yesterday).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
Its would be good to compare the base trim levels of the Ford, Verna, City and the Vento to see which manufacturer is giving the most at the entry level model.
EG: If you compare the base variants of the Fiesta and the Verna, Ford is offering some really good safety features at the base price.
Valid point, and I was just looking at the Trend variant. It’s actually quite loaded, and is aligned with the premium variant specs of some of the competitors (not listing all, but what I deem as useful)
  • Turn Indicators on ORVM, Fog lamps & Alloy Wheels
  • Auto A/C
  • EPAS with Pull Drift Compensation Technology Steering
  • Height Adjustable seat belts
  • Height Adjust Drivers seat
  • Electrical outside rear view mirrors
  • Audio Controls on Steering wheel
  • Audio (CD/MP3/AM/FM) with 6 Speakers
  • ABS with EBD
  • Driver & Passenger Side Airbag
Old 15th July 2011, 12:16   #709
BHPian

Quote:
In spite of all the bad press the pricing of NFS has earned in less than 24 hours of its pricing announcement, my booking still holds good.

Planning to take it under the Company Leased Vehicle Scheme of my organisation. That gives me net tax benefit of approx. 20% over the 4 years of the lease tenure on cost of car, road tax and insurance. Fuel and maintenance earn me another 33% tax break. Hope to own it for at least the next 4-5 years.
Hi Sugeeta,

I am also planning(hopefully) to go for the Titanium Diesel version under the company lease scheme. The lease EMI is based on the Ex showroom price right? Is it via Orix?
Old 15th July 2011, 12:23   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Funny all the way ! I just cant digest that they took this much time to build the hype and launch this car at that price. I see absolutely no logic for Ford to price the car above Verna! What does the car boast above Verna - the handling or the voice activation feature ?! Trust me, this will irritate the prospective customers too. Next time Ford tries to pull a trick of this sort, people may not even wait for the price announcement. At least I expect Ford to charge NO cancellation fee for people who cancels their booking, as a goodwill gesture.

On the other hand, Ford had everything at their disposal for the best pricing. They had ample time to gauge the response of SX4 D & Verna D and still goofed it up. Figo was a hit in the initial time, and its not doing as great as it used to be, in spite of the killer pricing. Here you have a car that is wrongly priced from day 1, customers canceling the bookings on the same day of launch and whats the outcome going to be?

I was thinking the reason for the new Fiesta petrol to be priced at 8.23L ex showroom when the competitions have their model at 7L or 7.5L max, and then it hit me that its because of the Fiesta Classic SXi.

Looks like even the magazine Gurus [Sirish, Hormazd, SVP] have been cribbing about the prices and I am getting all those vibes from Twitter from the time the announcement has been made.
So what's your call now ? I remember you waiting for the new NFS before finalizing on Classic. any new contentions ?
Old 15th July 2011, 12:34   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Hi Sugeeta,

I am also planning(hopefully) to go for the Titanium Diesel version under the company lease scheme. The lease EMI is based on the Ex showroom price right? Is it via Orix?
Yes the calculation is as follows :

Ex-showroom price + VAT + lease charges = cost of car to employee

Our company deals with KMPL - Kotak Mahindra Primus Ltd.
Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 12:37   #712
Senior - BHPian

I too was rather shocked after reading the ex showroom prices of the fiesta in today's newspaper.
Its not like ford to price their products at such a premium. The prices should have been in line with vento / verna.
It might turn out to be an uphill task now for the new ford on the block to be a hot seller. And the 1.5 liter engines aren't going to help either.
Old 15th July 2011, 12:38   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Good going! So it’s going to be the Silver shade? Most probably yours will be the first ownership thread of the New Fiesta Diesel

You have any information on the ground clearance? It’s not mentioned in the Ford website as well (as of yesterday).
Yes. The shade is silver. I have to travel to Bangalore for the next couple of days, so might delay delivery.

No idea of the ground clearance.
Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 12:48   #714
BHPian

I am impressed with the personalisations, if I were in the market for the car, would have considered the Air Dams for sure :-)
Loved the steering and the illuminated door scruffs. (Illimunated door knobs are way too cool)
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-personalisations.png  

RacingForIndia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 12:50   #715
Mik
BHPian

I think Ford desperately needs a new "base" variant which should be priced close to the Verna. Atleast this will get the crowds into the showroom.
Also, i am not sure that the NFS should be called the Fiesta. Come to think of it. You already have an old generation Fiesta (classic now) which starts at 5.5 lakhs. When the brand value is already depleted, how many would pay double of that to get another Fiesta. Maybe a seperate brand name would have been the way to go if you are pricing it at such a premium.
Old 15th July 2011, 12:55   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik
I think Ford desperately needs a new "base" variant which should be priced close to the Verna. Atleast this will get the crowds into the showroom.
Also, i am not sure that the NFS should be called the Fiesta. Come to think of it. You already have an old generation Fiesta (classic now) which starts at 5.5 lakhs. When the brand value is already depleted, how many would pay double of that to get another Fiesta. Maybe a seperate brand name would have been the way to go if you are pricing it at such a premium.
Actually i quite agree. A whole new brand name would have been better, especially considering the pricing of the new fiesta and the almost double price difference between it and the classic. I feel ford has goofed up this time round. But why? They had got everything right with the figo. It was not a tough job to follow in those successful footsteps.

Regarding safety features as standard. It was the ANHC which started the trend in this segment. Loading even the base variant with ABS with EBD and dual airbags up front.

Last edited by mdsaab : 15th July 2011 at 13:00.
Old 15th July 2011, 12:55   #717
Senior - BHPian

Even a base variant would not help build the numbers. The very reason why the fusion / jazz / baleno / aria never got its worth was the wrong initial pricing. Indian customers just shut down their minds against such pricing. The very few who come back are never enough to give the manufacturer the required numbers.

All said and done. Even with all the disappointment. I hope things change and people eventually end up buying the New Fiesta. Its a good trend to have all safety features loaded. But still!!
Old 15th July 2011, 13:09   #718
Senior - BHPian

This thread is adding pages faster than I can read them!!!!
Talk about the team being interested in Ford (compare the Renault Fluence thread) and talk about disappointment.

The prices surely seem to be high, especially after all the talk about VFM/price being a selling point for this car. Seems Ford is trying to make itself a premium brand by prices and bringing out their best. But will people be willing to pay more for a brand value? For one associated with Figo, which doesn't even have power windows in the rear even in the top end model?

Maybe seeing enthusiasts on the Team, they though the whole country was turning on it's head for Ford's handling

The stage seems to be getting set for discounts (given they seem to have lined up their stocks for delivery). Or maybe they will attract people from the Verna/Vento waiting lists.

Time for Ford to think of a bare bone entry level model. Maybe after they aren't able to promote themselves as a premium brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
O my gosh !
These are definitely "killing" prices... Just called up my dealer in Dehradun and asked him to put my booking on hold. The sales manager also sounded put off with the pricing and was anticipating cancellations
Mate, it'd better drive well enough to justify these prices. Make sure you drive it before you own it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
Points for consideration between the Crdi SX and the Titanium.

For NFF:
*NFF is expected to be more fuel effecient
*NFF rear seat is much better
*NFF expected to handle way better
*NFF is better built
*NFF maintainence might be cheaper(imho) then AHNV.
*ORVM are better.
*Lighted Window controls

for AHNV:
*The rear View camera is brilliant.
*16" alloys
*Leather seating
*Auto ECM
*Arm rest standard between front seats.
*The AHNV rear looks better and has dual reverse lamps
The OVRM's in the Verna are amazingly good. NFF better? Don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Optra Magnum looks even more VFM now!
Optra VFM? It is a steal now! Just consider the ride and high speed handling (yes handling!) besides the space, torque etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Whoa Ford aspiring to be a premium badge here and with what ? ;-) This is over-priced , I am sure that there will be dealer offers sooner than later.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Why won't a customer just put an additional 1L and get a cruze LT. Its 12L ex-showroom delhi and should be around 13L OTR. Different segment totally!
+1

And the 'cramped' rear of the Cruze is cramped for it's segment. Is not worse than the NFF!!

Quote:
I am going ahead with the car. My reasons are as under :

1. Need a reliable diesel car (previous gen. Fiesta faith carries forward)
2. Proven fuel efficiency (previous gen. Fiesta faith carries forward)
3. I am not too much of a gizmos person. Add or subtract a few here and there would not make too much of a difference
4. I had started scouting for a car a year ago in a higher segment, then considered the C segment again as an intermediate purchase which holds good for the next 3-4 years - purely financial reasons.

Edit : Was contemplating the new Verna as a second choice, but the 5 month waiting period is a bit too long.
Did you try out the Optra Magnum Diesel?
(about 9L+/10L+ OTR Delhi AI for LS/LT)

IMHO, the poor handling is a myth (atleast for the Diesel). Could go on and on with the pluses. But maybe simpler for you to just feel it.

Last edited by Poitive : 15th July 2011 at 13:37. Reason: brackets
Old 15th July 2011, 13:20   #719
Senior - BHPian

Hey poitive this means more fun for me on the new car price check and discount thread. Shall visit the ford showrooms once the initial euphoria dies down and discounts start pouring in.
Old 15th July 2011, 13:22   #720
BHPian

Ford even seems to have removed the huge discounts which were availabel on old Fiesta. Fiesta classic SXI petrol is now coming around 9 lakh in bangalore!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks