Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2011, 22:42   #946
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

I had booked NFS diesel a month and half ago (yes, even before seeing the car in flesh). I liked the looks and it was loaded with features. The SA said the price will be competitive and even mentioned that it will definitely undercut Verna. He promised that the car will be delivered in exactly a week from official launch date.

After a long wait, the price was announced and it is a shocker to say the least. I was disappointed, but did not want to react immediately and I was holding the bookoing. I was waiting to TD the car hoping that the car will prove its worth for the price.

I have not taken the TD yet as it is still not available with the dealer nearby. I was not happy about that. I am not sure what Ford was doing all the while. They created so much hype about the car with so many events and made us wait so long for the car. The top executives said they want to take their time to well prepare for the launch so that the customers need not wait. They had even started the production a month earlier to stock enough cars for the launch.

The car was unvield to the public on 10th July and was officially launched on 14th July. But, the dealer in Chennai does not have a diesel TD vehicle yet. The dealer is saying the delivery schedule has not yet come from Ford and the deliveries might start from August end. The blue color will not be available for next two months as there are production issues for this color. Come on Ford, is this what you can do after so much preparion for the premium (as per Ford execs) sedan. To me, this does not look like a well planned launch or at least Ford did not stick to its plan and should have done changes at the last minute.

I really liked the Fiesta and still think it is a good car. There was so much hype created for this car and the expectations were set very high. This is a huge marketing blunder from Ford. They should have managed the external commnunications well and set the expectations right. So far, in my eyes, Ford has not delivered to my expectations. The car might be really good and even might beat my expectations. But, at this point, I just cannot take chances and afford more disappointments.

Finally, I have cancelled my Fiesta booking today. The dealer mentioned it takes 5 to 7 working days to process the cancelation and issue the cheque.
Old 23rd July 2011, 22:49   #947
Senior - BHPian

This is really wierd, has anyone seen any commercial of new Ford Fiesta at all. I remember seeing on print ad, but other than that there is no ad at all.

I am wondering what Ford is thinking, first they launch vehicle which still not many are aware of, then they launch it with no ads. Now the price has been announced again with no ads. They are assuming just making some press conference and the so called Fiesta Kiosk is going to sell them cars. Come on grow up. Looks like whatever they have learnt in Figo has not got translated into Fiesta.

I remember seeing Verna ads even before the launch.

I mean I understand the ideology of being premiun etc. but nowadays even BMW cars make commercials, whats up with Ford? Do let me know if anyone has seen any commercials.

Last edited by xingamazon : 23rd July 2011 at 22:52.
xingamazon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 23:03   #948
BHPian

I had gone to Oberoi mall today in Goregaon and was delighted to see a sparkling Blue Fiesta. While my dad went elsewhere for shopping I decided to check out the Fiesta. Fiesta is not a looker like ANHV but the looks were not too bad. There were plenty of Ford people to help me out. There were some Ipads kept there where there was an application for checking out the Ford Fiesta experience - a nice way to reach out to people.

First I sat at the back as someone else was sitting in the driver's seat. I was shocked to see the plastic quality at the back. It looked very ordinary keeping in mind its price tag. Under thigh support was poor (My height is 5'11'') and I was feeling claustrophobic in there. Then I sat in the driver's seat. There was a drastic quality change as compared to the back. Fit and finish was good. But somehow I felt the car was too low. Getting in the car was a bit difficult for me but manageable (Remember that I am comparing it with my own Sx4). The power controls for windows were a bit unusual in their placement. I had to push my hand back in order to operate them and in doing so my elbow would touch the seat. The middle portion of the dashboard protrudes out and kind of comes into your face. I was feeling claustrophobic here too. I do not have any figures to prove my point but I feel the Sx4 has more interior space than the Fiesta.
Old 23rd July 2011, 23:27   #949
BHPian

Ford is now testing my patience. I was told that my car would be delivered to me very soon after the official launch in about a week's time. I changed my color choice so that I get my car faster. Last week my dealer told me that the car would be leaving the factory in a day or two. I paid the full amount assuming the car would arrive soon. Today I spoke to my dealer again and he told me that they have no news of the car and that it has not yet left the factory. He said that he has no idea when it would leave the factory. . This is really irritating me. I will be out of town in mid-August and told them that I need the car before that or I would forget about it till I am back. I was assured about it being delivered around now but they is no sign at all!!
I am really wondering what was Ford doing all the time. They supposedly started manufacturing the cars a month in advance, then why are they delaying the delivery? First they delayed the launch, then they priced it high and then they are not giving a delivery date.
I am hoping to get a confirmation on Monday saying the car has left the factory. If not, well I will have to rethink.
carfreak77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 03:51   #950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Seen and felt – The New Fiesta
-----------------
PS: Had written this for the Driven! and Spacious Diesel Sedans thread, however thought I'd post this here and the TD could be on those threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Woah! Didnt know I was being discussed on the other thread too! Looking forward to your TD report, and no need to hurry mate I can wait
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
Hello Poitive !
Am back on the forum after a while. The intial price shock is now settled to quite an extent. I have not cancelled my booking, but have put it on hold. The TD vehicles for Dehradun should be there by next week, so hope to do a TD soon... meanwhile, eagerly looking forward to your TD report
Finally I managed to pen down the Test Drive report. It ended up being a LOT longer than I had imagined, so hope you have patience to read it.

As mentioned before, have put it up on the Driven! thread.
Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2441565

PS: It starts with the Driven and Felt report I had posted here and then from the next post it comes to the day one actually did the TD.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 08:14   #951
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Finally I managed to pen down the Test Drive report. It ended up being a LOT longer than I had imagined, so hope you have patience to read it.
Thanks Positive for your report.

I guess the deal breaker for the NFF will be its pricing. Frankly considering both Petrol and Diesel cars between the ANHV, Vento, ANHC & NFF, it will boil down to how one individually feels about the car. For the common man the family takes the decision and as a package these cars suit most requirements of a family. However as Indians we have seen that premium pricing will have limited takers especial if the family does not perceive any justification of the paying the higher price.

Cheers

KPS
Old 24th July 2011, 13:33   #952
Senior - BHPian

One of my colleagues booked the car (and cancelled it later) and when we were enquiring about the delivery schedules, the salesmen were committing 1st week of september only. They told us that's when the first batch of vehicles are expected and if i recollect there is another post on thread few pages back, indicating 3/4 week of August as the probably first dispatch from the factory. Please check.

Quote:
Today I spoke to my dealer again and he told me that they have no news of the car and that it has not yet left the factory. He said that he has no idea when it would leave the factory. . .
Old 24th July 2011, 21:16   #953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post
Finally, I have cancelled my Fiesta booking today. The dealer mentioned it takes 5 to 7 working days to process the cancelation and issue the cheque.
My booking is with Chennai Ford. I too wanted to cancel my booking after taking the delivery of Fiesta SXI in a day or two from MPL Ford. Did they mention any cancellation charges?

Quote:
Ford is now testing my patience. I was told that my car would be delivered to me very soon after the official launch in about a week's time....

...They supposedly started manufacturing the cars a month in advance, then why are they delaying the delivery? First they delayed the launch, then they priced it high and then they are not giving a delivery date.
Thank God, at last Iam out of all these I was at the showroom to PDI Fiesta SXI,casually inquired on Diesel NFS delivery dates & was told somewhere in the 3-4 th week of August 2011.
Old 24th July 2011, 21:32   #954
Senior - BHPian

Hello surprise - Did I hear you taking delivery of fiesta classic? I guess it would be the diesel, congratulations.

By the way I heard 2k is the cancellation charge with chennai ford. My friend is also waiting for the refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise

My booking is with Chennai Ford. I too wanted to cancel my booking after taking the delivery of Fiesta SXI in a day or two from MPL Ford. Did they mention any cancellation charges?

Thank God, at last Iam out of all these I was at the showroom to PDI Fiesta SXI,casually inquired on Diesel NFS delivery dates & was told somewhere in the 3-4 th week of August 2011.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 09:27   #955
BHPian

Reading all the posts here in last few days( especially since 14th) , I remember my Granny's often repeated words of advice , she always said " son, over confidance and pride are the biggest enemies of men , even a great warrior like Ravan lost the battle n life becuase of the same "
I wonder if Ford India is treading the same path, I was also one of those who had an early booking, waited for my dream blue diesel Ford chariot for 2 months,much awaited launch happened and then dilly-dallying of dealers on delivery dates...
I finally went ahead , booked an ANHC on 18th ,got delivery on 22nd using all my pulls and pushes , got the Lenso alloys and Yokos and with an amazing driving experience and beautiful beige interiors , now I dont even want to go and TD NFS, though the dealer has been calling twice every day since 22nd.
Other cars like ANHC/vento/verna are good buys now and the downturn in auto sales in last two months have brought lots of offers and discounts.
My personal opnion to all who are frustrated with the wait , is to go and explore other options with little flexibility of mind in making a choice.
I wanted to be the first to start a NFS thread , shall be starting a ANHC ownership thread now...
Adios ...
Old 25th July 2011, 11:15   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
My booking is with Chennai Ford. I too wanted to cancel my booking after taking the delivery of Fiesta SXI in a day or two from MPL Ford.

I was at the showroom to PDI Fiesta SXI,casually inquired on Diesel NFS delivery dates & was told somewhere in the 3-4 th week of August 2011.
Congratulations on the SXI! Diesel? I am also waiting for the delivery of my Diesel SXI in a day or two. Latest by 27th, Wednesday. I also waited for the NFS, and left it out.

Are you getting SXI classic, or the regular SXI before classic was launched? Could you give me a quick reply, if possible, for this?
Old 25th July 2011, 11:19   #957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Did I hear you taking delivery of fiesta classic? I guess it would be the diesel, congratulations.

By the way I heard 2k is the cancellation charge with chennai ford. My friend is also waiting for the refund.
Yeah, Diesel version. But not Fiesta Classic, its Fiesta SXI at the price of Classic with few more freebies.

2k cancellation charges :(...SE told me multiple times there wont be any cancellation charges at the time of booking. Let me see the outcome.
Old 25th July 2011, 11:51   #958
BHPian

Quote:
2k cancellation charges :(...SE told me multiple times there wont be any cancellation charges at the time of booking. Let me see the outcome.
At Fortune Hyderabad, there was a cancellation of 5K only in case of any documentation issue otherwise there is no charge.

One more good news for Hyderabadis. For those who have booked the NFS or planning to book, ford (or may be the dealer) is offering the car for 3 to 4 hours.

Is there similar offer at any other place?
Old 25th July 2011, 11:57   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, Diesel version. But not Fiesta Classic, its Fiesta SXI at the price of Classic with few more freebies.
And what does it mean to say, "at the price of classic"? Has Ford ever announced the price for Classic SXI? Is Classic SXI actually available? I am hearing from my dealer that they have not yet announced it! I expected that it would be finally announced after the NFS prices came out.
Old 25th July 2011, 12:15   #960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Isn't SXI the top of the line with all bells & whistles? Whats the price you paid and offers you had? Would like to know the ex showroom price as well.

Most Viewed