Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2011, 08:48   #1021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab
Possibly the production issues could be a reason Ford has put the Advertising on hold.
But were Ford known for their advertising?
I for one read about the launch prices in the newspaper. Was shocked and immediately made my way to this thread.
You know what's strange? I see New Fiesta ads on most of the free Android apps for my mobile phone Not even on the PC. Is Ford targeting only Ajay with Android phone? Just kidding.
Old 31st July 2011, 09:25   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
You know what's strange? I see New Fiesta ads on most of the free Android apps for my mobile phone Not even on the PC. Is Ford targeting only Ajay with Android phone? Just kidding.
But you are right, a lot of car manufacturers are using the android platform to advertise their vehicles, deals etc.
I was using one of my free applications and up popped an ANHC Advert.
Old 31st July 2011, 09:28   #1023
Senior - BHPian

I've not seen even one Fiesta ad on TV till date! Is it that I'm missing it out or has Ford skipped the TV ads? Since the Fiesta had so many pre launch unveils - Fiesta badge unveil, Indian Fiesta unveil, Fiesta Fashion week, Fiesta dealer uneil, Price announcement, etc.. People are very well aware of the Global Fiesta. But they need to make one clear statement that the car is now, finally on sale right?
Old 31st July 2011, 10:22   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I've not seen even one Fiesta ad on TV till date! Is it that I'm missing it out or has Ford skipped the TV ads? Since the Fiesta had so many pre launch unveils - Fiesta badge unveil, Indian Fiesta unveil, Fiesta Fashion week, Fiesta dealer uneil, Price announcement, etc.. People are very well aware of the Global Fiesta. But they need to make one clear statement that the car is now, finally on sale right?
LOL! i agree, people may feel that it's a car on sale abroad.
so to set the record straight.
Folks the car is indeed on sale in India.
Ford i shall collect my advertising cheque later.
Old 31st July 2011, 16:30   #1025
BHPian

Just back from Ambience Mall in Gurgaon, where they have the NFF on display. Wanted to show it to the better half to explain my change of heart after having talked about this as my likely next car over the past six months or so, and guess what?

The car was locked and the people there didn't even have the KEY!

There was not a single other member of the public around showing any interest whatsoever in the car.

Pretty poor show, Ford!
Old 31st July 2011, 19:57   #1026
BHPian

This is indeed surprising. Absolutely no advertising the NFF. After hyping up so much before the actual price announcement there suddenly is total silence. As aravind.anand said they had all those launches and kept the interest up for several months and looks like they have lost interest in promoting their product.
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:02   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Has anyone inquired with their dealers about mirror locks? I asked my dealer but he said that he has no clue about mirror locks for the NFS. He seemed to hint that no mirror locks will be made for this car.
@Sugeeta: you would probably be able to answer this better than most of the others(since you have also booked)!
No mirror locks available on any model.

When do you get the delivery of your car? I am off to Bangalore for 2-3 days on Thursday, so can take delivery only upon return.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 2nd August 2011 at 17:08.
Old 2nd August 2011, 18:59   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Well, it's not only Android. I got the same Fiesta ad in a free app on my iPad too.
Old 2nd August 2011, 20:23   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
No mirror locks available on any model.

When do you get the delivery of your car? I am off to Bangalore for 2-3 days on Thursday, so can take delivery only upon return.
Thanks Sugeeta for your reply! I get my car on thursday or friday this week. The car has reached the dealer and insurance, registration, PDI is pending. So, I am pushing them for thursday. Too bad you are unable to take delivery of your car immediately. But, I am sure it will be worth the short wait

Has your dealer informed you where your car currently is? Has it reached the dealership? I guess both our cars would have left the factory on the same day to be delivered to fellow BHPians in different cities!
Looking forward to your ownership review soon!
Old 2nd August 2011, 21:18   #1030
Senior - BHPian

So when exactly did the deliveries begin? Since the July sales figures for the new Fiesta stands at around 781, which is pretty decent IMHO.
Old 3rd August 2011, 23:25   #1031
BHPian

Was not on the trail of this one nor read too much, not even the reviews here. Just happened to be with my friend at a new Bombay Ford dealer where a New Ford Fiesta petrol titanium and a diesel titanium plus had just arrived. Less than 70km on both odo.

The look (exterior) is dull and the front looks like a hatch from a lower segment, thats until you walk further and find an even ugly rear.
Hold the door handles , I feel good, nice feel to the door.
Step in and first thing I notice is no arm-rest in front. Close the door and more disappointment with the cheap feel of the insides of the door plastics . Honestly its just on par if not better than the maruti entry level cars .

The seats are impressive and give good seating posture and lumbar support.

The front console looks too cramped and the central display does not look impressive at all.

The button that is required to be pressed to invoke the "Ford sync" is awkwardly placed on the left stalk behind the steering wheel. The steering controls itself are cheap and poorly laid out on the left side of the steering. The top version with cruise control has a steering control button on the right side of the steering.

Test drive: Drove the petrol . The steering feels fine though I was not very impressed with the light feel of the steering, very unlike the Ford fusion that my friend drives. Nothing to complain on the ride Quality . The car feels absolutely stable and planted at high speeds. We touched 150+ on palm beach road with ease and lot of confidence. This, of course is a Ford!
However, the fiesta offers nothing more than the usual Ford traits of good handling and driving comfort. There is no juice in the 5th gear. Nothing to cheer about for any car enthusiast. Give me the T-jet anyday!

Overall, my summary is that the New Ford fiesta is hugely over-prized to what it offers in terms of the overall car package . Starting with the base version @9.5lacs for petrol, somebody please convince me, why will I not look at the better featured, better priced and awesome drivers car - The linea tjet or the Vento diesel (if diesel you must).
I read rehaan mention that Ford priced the NFF not to enter the territory of the classic fiesta. I think thats the only place where the efforts have gone ; to price it the way rehaan has observed and nothing put into the product to justify that price.

Last edited by FastLove : 3rd August 2011 at 23:32.
FastLove is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 01:05   #1032
Senior - BHPian

I saw the new fiesta on the road today.
it was coming from the opposite side of the road.
from afar it looked like a small hatch approaching.
Then as it passed i got to see the side and finally caught the tail in my ORVM.
Overall i agree with @Fastlove. the front did not impress and looked like a small hatch. Though i agree the Fiesta Sedan is derived from a hatch. It looked rather squished up.
The side was ok.
and looked good from the rear too.
Old 4th August 2011, 02:17   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
The steering feels fine though I was not very impressed with the light feel of the steering, very unlike the Ford fusion that my friend drives.
Am not surprised, as you seem to drive the Linea, which has huge steering feedback. This one didn't impress me much either, as I had pointed out in my TD report too. However when I thought about it later, it seemed that spending some time with this car may sensitize one's self to the lesser feedback. This may be a good balance between feedback and convenience in the city.

Quote:
Nothing to complain on the ride Quality . The car feels absolutely stable and planted at high speeds. We touched 150+ on palm beach road with ease and lot of confidence. This, of course is a Ford!
It being as planted and composed was the big feature of the car for me. Touching 150+ easily is a bit of a surprise, but well, I had driven the diesel, so can't say much about the petrol.

Quote:
Give me the T-jet anyday!
No surprise here!

Quote:
Starting with the base version @9.5lacs for petrol, somebody please convince me, why will I not look at the better featured, better priced and awesome drivers car - The linea tjet or the Vento diesel (if diesel you must).
Possible and probably not good enough reasons

Linea -
* To save one's self from Tata A$$. (especially lesser change of being stuck without spares)
* Not going in for a Fiat, per se, as a manufacturer, given how it barely managed to keep it's foot in India, thanks to a tie-up with Tata.
* Probably better seating (though not good enough) in the rear seat.
* For a steering which may be quite good for both - everyday easy driving in the city and for some sporty driving (after getting used to it)

Vento -
* Engine not as loud and rough as the Vento diesel
* Not having to deal with as many find 'hoity-toity' dealerships
* Lesser waiting period
* More features, etc.
* Slightly better feel to the cabin IMO
* Ingress and Egress is much easier
* In my case, I could not even sit straight (tried 2 times in different showrooms) in a Vento's rear seat. In the NFF had almost an inch above my head.
* Possibly better steering feedback than the Vento.
* More widespread A$$ network?

Just for the record, the NFF is NOT my favorite car in this price segment.
(some people may even find it funny that I am specifying this )

Last edited by Poitive : 4th August 2011 at 02:19.
Old 4th August 2011, 08:13   #1034
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Am not surprised, as you seem to drive the Linea, which has huge steering feedback. This one didn't impress me much either, as I had pointed out in my TD report too. However when I thought about it later, it seemed that spending some time with this car may sensitize one's self to the lesser feedback. This may be a good balance between feedback and convenience in the city.
The point here is that Linea being the oldest of this lot, is the only car with a pure hydraulic steering. Unfortunately EPS is the way forward (even BMWs are not spared). I assume this will be the case for a new gen Linea/Punto as well. So enjoy while it lasts .

From the reviews so far (including the T-BHP review), it looks like Ford has managed to provide the best possible EPS with the New Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive

Linea -
* To save one's self from Tata A$$. (especially lesser change of being stuck without spares)
* Not going in for a Fiat, per se, as a manufacturer, given how it barely managed to keep it's foot in India, thanks to a tie-up with Tata.
* For a steering which may be quite good for both - everyday easy driving in the city and for some sporty driving (after getting used to it)

Vento -
* Engine not as loud and rough as the Vento diesel
* Not having to deal with as many find 'hoity-toity' dealerships
* Lesser waiting period
* More features, etc.
* Slightly better feel to the cabin IMO
* Ingress and Egress is much easier
* In my case, I could not even sit straight (tried 2 times in different showrooms) in a Vento's rear seat. In the NFF had almost an inch above my head.
* Possibly better steering feedback than the Vento.
* More widespread A$$ network?
I think you wrongly mentioned the header there (Vento instead of Fiesta)
Old 4th August 2011, 10:55   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post

It being as planted and composed was the big feature of the car for me. Touching 150+ easily is a bit of a surprise, but well, I had driven the diesel, so can't say much about the petrol.

No surprise here!

Linea -
)
@Poitive - This is Ford Fiesta Test drive Thread , so will keep to the topic , but would like to add that I have driven 50165 km on my linea in 27 months (since April24, 2009). Mine is a Linea Petrol and probably the highest clocked ODO on a Linea Petrol in India. I have had a great 27 months but surely with the typical TASC grievances and minor niggles. The service and maintenance costs have been very low with less than 18000Rs. spent on 3 services so far (includes Brake Pad change)

Last edited by FastLove : 4th August 2011 at 10:56. Reason: Spell correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks