Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2011, 11:46   #1036
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

I own a ford Ikon for 6+ yrs and have been a fan of ford in India primarily cause of the experience with the product so far. I also personally like Fiesta classic primarily cause of its neutral looks, decent interiors and great engine/handlin etc. Though personally i always felt Fiesta Classic was a segment lower product compared against likes of SX4/City etc.

With NFF I was hoping that Ford would match up to the segment leaders like city/vento/new verna with complete product but unfortunately they have fell short. I recently saw NFF being displayed in Garuda Mall Bangalore and got a chance to sit in the front, back, check out the boot etc, no test drive experience. The 1st reaction I had when i sat inside on the front was that its to an extent cramped, this is no city or vento. On top of that the colors and quality of materials just turned me off. It just doesnt match up to the price tag of the car. On the back also leg space is above average but shoulder room is definitely for 2 only, 3rd wont be a comfortable fit at all.

To sum it i believe that beyond just under lying engineering, cars esp in 9-10 lac category need to be able to give that wow feeling on the inside to woo customers where NFF is failing. Compare this with new verna and you can understand my point.
Old 4th August 2011, 13:16   #1037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The point here is that Linea being the oldest of this lot, is the only car with a pure hydraulic steering. Unfortunately EPS is the way forward (even BMWs are not spared). I assume this will be the case for a new gen Linea/Punto as well. So enjoy while it lasts .

From the reviews so far (including the T-BHP review), it looks like Ford has managed to provide the best possible EPS with the New Fiesta.
Seems my post was probably not clear enough. The point I was making was that the EPS didn't impress me much initially. That on subsequent thought, thought that one would get used to it and it would feel better. That @FastLove not finding it impressive may have to do with what he was used to (a steering with huge feedback). And I do see merit in an EPS as well.

Quote:
I think you wrongly mentioned the header there (Vento instead of Fiesta)
Hmmmmm. It was in response to the bold bit below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Starting with the base version @9.5lacs for petrol, somebody please convince me, why will I not look at the better featured, better priced and awesome drivers car - The linea tjet or the Vento diesel (if diesel you must).
So was talking about possible and probably not good enough reasons, to go in for the NFF in place of the Linea or Vento.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
@Poitive - This is Ford Fiesta Test drive Thread , so will keep to the topic , but would like to add that I have driven 50165 km on my linea in 27 months (since April24, 2009).
Mate, I was just giving you reasons for something you asked (probably as an exclamation), as mentioned above. And I don't see it as being off topic, as we are comparing the product in question to it's competitors, to get a more fair evaluation of it.

I do see the merits and demerits in alll the above mentioned cars and was just trying to bring forward how the NFF may not be as bad in some respects (including steering) as one may initially perceive.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 19:55   #1038
Senior - BHPian

My first sighting of new Ford Fiesta (Titanium)

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-05082011090.jpg

Raab Rakha.
Old 5th August 2011, 20:16   #1039
BHPian

Saw a white 2011 Fiesta on the Kovalam ByePass near the Ford Showroom at Trivandrum a couple of days ago.

Just passing and heavy traffic, so no pics possible.

Seems to look pretty decent. The rear-heavy look was not too prominent in the white color.
Old 5th August 2011, 22:09   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
My first sighting of new Ford Fiesta (Titanium)

Attachment 588683

Raab Rakha.

Have a look at the left side of the Wasan Ford Showroom in the pic- there's a board that says Flat 50% Sale. I guess its hinting to Ford-give a Flat 50% Sale on the NFF !
Old 5th August 2011, 22:15   #1041
BHPian

I saw a white NFF today with TR plates and wondered when would Ford launch the sedan and eventually the hatch.

Came home and bumped onto this thread to see if there were any updates, and was shocked to see it was launched 3 weeks ago. Haven't seen a single ad of the NFF in papers or television. May be I wasn't regular on T-Bhp these days to be acknowledged of this fact.

The pricing is a shocker to say the least. Im guessing many bhpians lost their heart because of the pricing(includes me). Looking forward to see the sales chart for the NFF.

If I may add, I remember reading somewhere on the forum that the fiesta hatch is more expensive to manufacture. So I'm guessing a prospective hot hatch has been shelved?
Old 6th August 2011, 00:26   #1042

Saw a silver NFF on marine drive today at night. Was unable to take any pic due to traffic. Car looked really nice and sparkling. Car had ribbon on it so must have got it today. Don't remember the number but remember telling my wife it was some special number. Was being driven at moderate speed and cautiously.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:15   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Thanks Sugeeta for your reply! I get my car on thursday or friday this week. The car has reached the dealer and insurance, registration, PDI is pending. So, I am pushing them for thursday. Too bad you are unable to take delivery of your car immediately. But, I am sure it will be worth the short wait

Has your dealer informed you where your car currently is? Has it reached the dealership? I guess both our cars would have left the factory on the same day to be delivered to fellow BHPians in different cities!
Looking forward to your ownership review soon!
Hi carfreak77, did you get your car late last week?

Looking forward to your car pics.

I have been told that Titanium+ models have not yet been dispatched from the factory and it will only be done this week onwards. Other deliveries have started.

So the royal wait continues in Delhi!!

Last edited by Sugeeta : 8th August 2011 at 12:18.
Old 9th August 2011, 19:33   #1044
Senior - BHPian

This news will put a smile on a lot of faces:

Ford gears-up to launch new Fiesta hatchback by next year | CarTradeIndia.com

But then again if the pricing of the Fiesta sedan is anything to go by, this might be a very premium "Premium Hatch".
Old 9th August 2011, 19:52   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM

But then again if the pricing of the Fiesta sedan is anything to go by, this might be a very premium "Premium Hatch".
You bet. And premium priced hatches do not go well with potential Indian buyers. Hope Ford learns that, especially looking at the Honda Jazz response.
So are we starting a new thread on the hatch? Or do we already have one?
Old 9th August 2011, 20:21   #1046
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post

That’s good news… with the updated Jazz coming out in a few days, maybe we will have an energized market for premium hatchbacks.

OT: Just yesterday I was reading a comparison between Ford Fiesta, VW Polo and Honda Jazz (in a Singapore auto magazine). And Jazz was the winner

Edit: Where is our resident ford guru Mustang? He was supposed to have his driving impression report and comparison of New Fiesta with the Fiesta Classic

Last edited by vb-saan : 9th August 2011 at 20:22. Reason: comment added
Old 9th August 2011, 20:53   #1047
Senior - BHPian

Im not sure how authentic this information is, but one thing for sure is - its a cracker of a car. We have many pictures of this car undergoing road testing long back and contrary to the expectations, the sedan model was launched first.

I have read comments on this thread that the hatch is more expensive to produce compared to the sedan version and hence the project is temporarily shelved. This car looks a million times better than the sedan version IMO and will be a very nice car to drive if ford decides to give it with the same 1.5 litre engines.
Old 10th August 2011, 10:18   #1048
Senior - BHPian

Okay guys, the delivery for the New Ford Fiesta has started.
Saw one on the road today morning, looked like they took the delivery yesterday night and went for early morning pooja today as the flower garland still looked fresh.

Though the car looked good on road but didn't like the color much. It was "Chilled Metallic" color(just checked at the ford website). I mean I didn't like the color at all.

Meanwhile, looks like technicians at Ford service centre are undergoing full blown training for the NFF. I wanted to give my Ikon for servicing and my pick up driver informed that none of the senior technicians are available as they are undergoing training and will only be back by next tuesday i.e on 16th August. Currently Junior technicians are handling the show at the service centers.

Looking forward for the new ownership reviews.
Old 10th August 2011, 11:04   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Okay guys, the delivery for the New Ford Fiesta has started.
Saw one on the road today morning, looked like they took the delivery yesterday night and went for early morning pooja today as the flower garland still looked fresh.

Though the car looked good on road but didn't like the color much. It was "Chilled Metallic" color(just checked at the ford website). I mean I didn't like the color at all.

Meanwhile, looks like technicians at Ford service centre are undergoing full blown training for the NFF. I wanted to give my Ikon for servicing and my pick up driver informed that none of the senior technicians are available as they are undergoing training and will only be back by next tuesday i.e on 16th August. Currently Junior technicians are handling the show at the service centers.

Looking forward for the new ownership reviews.

Yes the bookings for the non-Titanium models started last week.

I really liked the blue colour but it seemed too loud to be driven to the office. Did not want colleagues to think I've lost my head from the usual dull colours of my choice (black, white, grey, beige). Chilled metallic colour seems to be a variant of the Platinum colour in the previous generation Fiesta.
Old 10th August 2011, 11:10   #1050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Thanks Sugeeta for your reply! I get my car on thursday or friday this week. The car has reached the dealer and insurance, registration, PDI is pending. So, I am pushing them for thursday. Too bad you are unable to take delivery of your car immediately. But, I am sure it will be worth the short wait
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Hi carfreak77, did you get your car late last week?

Looking forward to your car pics.

I have been told that Titanium+ models have not yet been dispatched from the factory and it will only be done this week onwards. Other deliveries have started.

So the royal wait continues in Delhi!!

Guyz

When are you getting your Fiestas? All of us here are waiting eagerly for the first ownership reports of the NFF.

Cheers!!

Most Viewed