Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2011, 15:33   #1066
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
I am so angry with Ford Motors for not shipping my car till date. Just talked to Mr. Katoch at Harpreet Ford. Apparently Delhi has yet to receive its 1st lot of Diesel Titanium+ cars. Apparently some issue with the sensors as per him.

Ford Motors, if you are listening (if at all), please let me know when I can get the car.

My existing Fiesta has been sold and the new owner will take it away in the next 2 days. I cannot commute 65 kms. each day by a petrol car. I'll go bankrupt in no time at all.

Now where is an emoticon for shedding tears?
That’s quite bad. At first they had this long delay from unveiling to actual launch. And now delivery delays. Not going quite right. But hope you get the car ASAP with all issues resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta
@vb-san, any and all 1st reviews are welcome, I was never in that race
Oh definitely, that was just a joke, while pointing to the new thread
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 14:53   #1067
BHPian

Sad turn of events as far as my booking update goes :

- Called up Mr. Katoch of Harpreet Ford on the afternoon of 11th August at approx. 1.45 pm. to enquire about the latest delivery date. He promise to call me back at 2.30 but he never called back, maybe he is as clueless about the delivery date as anyone else. He did mention some problem with parts back at the plant and that only 11 Titanium+ diesels have been shipped so far.

- I lodged a complaint via email and phone at the ford motors official website. Will wait for the next 24 hours for someone to call me back. If no one calls back in the next 48 hours (will give them another 24 hours time), I will think of a suitable next step.

I feel stupid following up for an expensively priced sedan as if I asked for a 50% discount. Ford Motors, if you do not look sharp, you will lose customers very fast.

To summarise : no one can tell me when I will get my car, which happened to be the 2nd booking in NCR.
Old 16th August 2011, 15:18   #1068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel stupid following up for an expensively priced sedan as if I asked for a 50% discount. Ford Motors, if you do not look sharp, you will lose customers very fast.

To summarise : no one can tell me when I will get my car, which happened to be the 2nd booking in NCR.
Thats real bad, feel very sorry for you Sugeeta. If this is going to be the trend then Ford will lose the customer faith & loyalists who have booked the NFF even before the prices were announced. Is this the issue with the Northern region delivery in particular coz few of my acquaintances in Mumbai had booked the NFF and I was updated that a couple of them have got the delivery. Dont know whether it was the top end variant though.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 15:37   #1069
Senior - BHPian

I think this is that same thing that happened when the Figo was launched. There were a lot of people who had to wait indefinitely since they had priorities in colour/trim/variant.
Old 16th August 2011, 17:07   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Sugeeta, i hope they sort your issue out at the earliest.
I had seen a NFF on the road the other day. It looked rather good on the road. Btw which colour have you booked?
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 21:36   #1071
BHPian

Quote:

... some problem with parts back at the plant and that only 11 Titanium+ diesels have been shipped so far.

Sounds like a major screwup by Ford India on what was supposed to be a major product for them this year. Maybe this explains the amazing lack of advertising post all the hype. Heads should roll.
Fusion2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 15:59   #1072
BHPian

An update : Called up Ford Motors toll free customer care number again today. was answered by a lady who was sympathetic to the plight of customers like me. She gave me some more contacts for Harpreet Ford sales.

One of the Sales Managers whom I called up, named Sarika was of immense help. She listened to the problem and promised to call me back. True to her word, she did call me up some time back.

Apparently there are some production delays with the Titanium+ models. Hence, expected delivery is sometime around 1st week of September. She also wanted to know if I would like to book an alternate colour in case Silver is delayed further. I chose Panther Black as the alternative colour.

Mr. Katoch, the same answer from you would have been equally acceptable. Not answering calls and not replying to messages is called unprofessional behaviour.

So my royal wait continues....

@mdsaab, I had initially booked the moondust silver colour.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 17th August 2011 at 16:00.
Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 16:09   #1073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
An update : Called up Ford Motors toll free customer care number again today. was answered by a lady who was sympathetic to the plight of customers like me. She gave me some more contacts for Harpreet Ford sales.

One of the Sales Managers whom I called up, named Sarika was of immense help. She listened to the problem and promised to call me back. True to her word, she did call me up some time back.

Apparently there are some production delays with the Titanium+ models. Hence, expected delivery is sometime around 1st week of September. She also wanted to know if I would like to book an alternate colour in case Silver is delayed further. I chose Panther Black as the alternative colour.

Mr. Katoch, the same answer from you would have been equally acceptable. Not answering calls and not replying to messages is called unprofessional behaviour.

@mdsaab, I had initially booked the moondust silver colour.
I am glad that you ran into some help today.
Hope Ford sorts out their issues at the earliest and you do get your NFF in moondust silver.
Looking forward to your review on the Titanium +
btw till then how are you going to manage your long distance daily commute?
Old 17th August 2011, 16:16   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I am glad that you ran into some help today.
Hope Ford sorts out their issues at the earliest and you do get your NFF in moondust silver.
Looking forward to your review on the Titanium +
btw till then how are you going to manage your long distance daily commute?
Yes. Am thanking God for small mercies.

Hope to get the car by sometime in September (fingers crossed). The experience has definitely dampened my spirits.

Commute is not a problem as the gud ol'Fiesta is still in my possession. Since it needed AC gas refill and bumper repairs, I am currently using the i10, which is actually my husband's ride and is more expensive to run as well. So sending the ol'Fiesta for repairs tomorrow and telling the buyer to hold on for a couple of more days or scout for another Fiesta.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 17th August 2011 at 16:33.
Old 17th August 2011, 16:29   #1075
Senior - BHPian

@Sugeeta - Ford alerady lost the game with horrible NFF pricing. Plus now they are doing this with a loyal customer like you. Hope there will be no further delay and you get the car in Sept first week.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 16:44   #1076
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sad turn of events as far as my booking update goes :

Have you tried calling other dealerships in Delhi or nearby places to check whether any of them received any Titanium+ models? If they in case have some models with them [unlikely], you could try to take delivery of those too. There will be some additional trouble & efforts with this, but you could give a try since you have waited so long !

Edit:: And for these delay worries, I would not call up the dealer a lot of times, rather I will call up the company. I understand dealers many a times cannot do anything. Prioritization can be done only from the manufacturer end!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th August 2011 at 16:46.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 19:53   #1077
BHPian

Quote:

Hope to get the car by sometime in September (fingers crossed). The experience has definitely dampened my spirits.

Commute is not a problem as the gud ol'Fiesta is still in my possession. Since
I would advice write to Ford MD directly (write2md@ford.com), with all the details of your booking, your issues. You will surely get response in 1 day directly from MD desk, a call from Regional Sales Manager with exact date when they can make delivery. I did the same when I bought my Fiesta. I got exact reason for delay, and when they can make delivery. That way you are sure if you would like to wait or cancel the booking.

For all plant delays, usually dealers are clueless and usually give lame reasons! Only writing to MD will help.

If you have already done that, excuse me!
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 01:28   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
I would advice write to Ford MD directly (write2md@ford.com), with all the details of your booking, your issues.
+1 to RaguHolla's suggestion, Sugeeta.

Writing to the top management can often be a lot more useful than going up that pyramid/latter bit by bit. It has worked for me with other non-automotive issues before, to surprisingly good results.

@Ragu has also been good enough to provide the email id.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:40   #1079
BHPian

Been called up by the dealer to tell me that I will get the car before 15th September, 2011. I was caught up with family matters and the car booking was completely forgotten.

Many thanks to vb-saan, ghodlur, gemithomas, mdsaab, Fusion2006, Latheesh, swiftnfurious, RaguHolla, Poitive and others for your suggestions and concern.

@RaguHolla, I will write to the top management if now things do not move. Giving Ford Motors one last chance

Last edited by Sugeeta : 23rd August 2011 at 12:46.
Old 23rd August 2011, 13:48   #1080
BHPian

This morning I was surprised to finally see a half page advert on the cover page of the Hindustan Times for the New Ford Fiesta. A good month has passed by since the launch hasn't it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks