Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2011, 13:24   #1141
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
That's great news Sugeeta! Hope you do indeed get your car on 7th or before. Have you ordered any accessories for your car?
Enquired about accessories last week, but looks like the SA / dealer is cluless on when the accessories would become available. I was looking for the arm rest and a car cover. I guess we would have to wait for some for things to settle down...
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:10   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
...a close friend of mine has problems with high maintenance charges. For a 6 yrs old Ikon his annual maintenance is around 50K since the last 2 years.
That's abnormally high! Maybe he could cross-check with another Ford service centre.

I own a 2004 Ikon 1.6 that's done 84k kms and it doesn't cost me over Rs. 14k per annum even with it now requiring parts replacement at this age. And I always go 'by the book' in servicing which means my costs would be higher than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
The Ford workshops there are notorious for over-charging customers.
The attitude of Ford A.S.S was also nothing to write home about...,there are several OEMs that offers much better A.S.S
I agree Ford isn't the best, but I have been with Ford A.S.S. always (Metro Ford Bangalore and Rajshree Ford Coimbatore) and haven't experienced any serious issues. Problems do crop up, but a little diplomacy works. I get friendly with my SA and when I do have a complaint, it's attended to promptly and without fuss.

In fact, my experience with Rajshree Coimbatore was so good, that when I returned to Bangalore in 2006, I once took an appointment with Rajshree Coimbatore and drove all the way to Coimbatore for the service! Bit dumb I know, but I am so crazy about my Ikon!

I owned an Accent from 2002 to 2004, and I do agree from my personal experience, Hyundai service is (was) very good.
Old 2nd September 2011, 14:14   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Friends,

Came across this 2011 Ford Fiesta manual pdf document, but unable to actually download due to copyright protection. Hence link attached. Hope Fiesta owners find it useful.

2011 Ford Fiesta Owners Manual

Note: If this is not the right thread to post this link, then request mods to move it to appropriate thread.
Old 2nd September 2011, 18:51   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
My thought process for choosing Moondust Silver is as follows
Congratulations MAS on choosing my favorite colour. Awaiting your detailed ownership thread with lots of informative photos soon...
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 22:29   #1145
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congratulations MAS on choosing my favorite colour. Awaiting your detailed ownership thread with lots of informative photos soon...
Thank you . Almost all my cars have been some shade of silver. Out of the years of owning cars, i have learnt it the hard way that it is the easiest colour to maintain and keep the car shining. I hope i can get my car soon in the same colour i want. My SA has some problems at home and has asked me to wait for two days before booking the car. I am off to China the whole of next week and will be able to book the car the week after.

In the meanwhile, i wrote a mail to Mr. Micheal Boneham explaining to him the points about the new Fiesta and also posted a link of the Vento vs Fiesta thread by Starchild. I got a reply from the President's desk, which was no where near what i expected. . I am not sure if i am allowed to copy/paste the mails here.

Any ways, I simply love the car and waiting to lay my hands on it. I would try my best to put up a detailed ownership report.

OT: I enjoyed reading your Millennium Falcon thread, especially the Innova vs Fortuner points. Hope i could get my New Fortuner in this colour.

Last edited by MAS : 2nd September 2011 at 22:32.
Old 3rd September 2011, 12:57   #1146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Although the inside fit and finish require a lot of finesse, I am looking forward to the arrival of the car.
Hope you have received / on the verge of receiving your car . Have you given some thought to or inquired about after market solutions towards improving the interiors ? Is there anything available from the dealer's end or the grey market? My query relates to the rear seat hinges (can those be replaced altogether?) , foot well, etc. One of my friends wants to buy the car and does not mind spending on sprucing up the interiors, he has asked me for my advice
Old 3rd September 2011, 13:08   #1147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the meanwhile, i wrote a mail to Mr. Micheal Boneham explaining to him the points about the new Fiesta and also posted a link of the Vento vs Fiesta thread by Starchild. I got a reply from the President's desk, which was no where near what i expected. . I am not sure if i am allowed to copy/paste the mails here.
Do post the respose please, it will give an sight what the Ford managment thinks of customer views. I think you should have not sent the comparison between Vento and NFF but just listed the drawback of NFF, I guess you would have got a better response. Although this would have changed nothing but atleast alerted Ford of the pricing blunder.
Old 3rd September 2011, 21:03   #1148
Senior - BHPian

Such a good car is going off the charts. I am personally disappointed to see the sales figures of just 401 for August. Especially when its competition (Vento:3019 ANHV:4211 ANHC: 5819) are each selling around 10 times more.

The product is no doubt very good, but the numbers reflect pure overconfidence on the part of Ford in pricing the product.

Sorry if my comment was off topic, just wanted to convey my frustration. But if this madness continues I see Fiesta going the Fiat Linea way (which is now running at a shocking 100 odd per month)

Last edited by xingamazon : 3rd September 2011 at 21:15.
xingamazon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 21:22   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Such a good car is going off the charts. I am personally disappointed to see the sales figures of just 401 for August. Especially when its competition (Vento:3019 ANHV:4211 ANHC: 5819) are each selling around 10 times more.

The product is no doubt very good, but the numbers reflect pure overconfidence on the part of Ford in pricing the product.
+1. Not to forget these are just the dealer dispatches. I wonder what would be actual number of end customer orders received at the various dealerships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Sorry if my comment was off topic, just wanted to convey my frustration.
Same here. Adding insult to injury, would like to share my experience. 3-4 weeks back I had registered on Ford Website for TD. One week later I get a call from Chennai asking me if I am in interested in Petrol or Diesel. I say diesel (same was mentioned while registering). A week after that I get a call from a call centre lady asking me if I am interested in Ford Figo . I deny it politely & say I am interested in New Fiesta, not Figo. She then says that nearest dealer will get in touch with me. Got a call from Planet Ford (Kothrud) on Friday. The caller again asks me if I am interested in Petrol or Diesel, I say Diesel. He offers me to explain the car details, to which I politely refuse. I then ask him when can a TD be arranged? He says he will get back to me on Monday.

As against this the Fluidic was launched on 11th May & on 15th May I got a call from dealer offering me the TD.
Old 3rd September 2011, 21:31   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
That's abnormally high! Maybe he could cross-check with another Ford service centre.
The independent garage is consting him something around 15K. But then all the important parts were replaced before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
I agree Ford isn't the best, but I have been with Ford A.S.S. always and haven't experienced any serious issues.
Hope it remains that way. I have a plan to replace my Beat with Figo diesel (Facelift - if that happens) after 4 years.
Fiesta Diesel was in my radar too. But I could not wait enough and got the Vento as i was bowled over by its performance and package.

Though I admit the A.S.S was not a dealbreaker for me. But it is for many people. Who stick to Maruti & Hyundai like vegetarians.
Old 5th September 2011, 08:04   #1151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the meanwhile, i wrote a mail to Mr. Micheal Boneham explaining to him the points about the new Fiesta and also posted a link of the Vento vs Fiesta thread by Starchild. I got a reply from the President's desk, which was no where near what i expected.
By all means, please do. We would love to read their reaction.

Quote:
Any ways, I simply love the car and waiting to lay my hands on it. I would try my best to put up a detailed ownership report.
Congrats on your silver stallion. Hope she serves you well for years to come. Do write a detailed report once you get your hands on her.
Old 5th September 2011, 10:28   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Same here. Adding insult to injury, would like to share my experience. 3-4 weeks back I had registered on Ford Website for TD. One week later I get a call from Chennai asking me if I am in interested in Petrol or Diesel. I say diesel (same was mentioned while registering). A week after that I get a call from a call centre lady asking me if I am interested in Ford Figo . I deny it politely & say I am interested in New Fiesta, not Figo. She then says that nearest dealer will get in touch with me.
++1. Exactly same experience. I had registered on the Ford site when NFF was launched and then I had visited the showroom just before the prices were unveiled. After the prices got unveiled I got a call from the same showroom asking me if I need a TD of the car. I told them its way too expensive, so not considering right now. Then last week I got a call from Ford and the lady asked me when am I buying the Figo? I told her I never wanted to buy Figo, but I had shown interest in NFF. Are they trying to persuade customers to buy Figo rather than NFF? Infact, Figo doesnt need all this lobbying. Its doing pretty well.
Old 5th September 2011, 17:20   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Hope you have received / on the verge of receiving your car . Have you given some thought to or inquired about after market solutions towards improving the interiors ? Is there anything available from the dealer's end or the grey market? My query relates to the rear seat hinges (can those be replaced altogether?) , foot well, etc. One of my friends wants to buy the car and does not mind spending on sprucing up the interiors, he has asked me for my advice
I did get a call from the dealer on Saturday informing me that the car will be reaching Delhi by the middle of the week. Hopefully this time it seems to be true.

As of now I have not contemplated any changes to the interiors. Initially, I did plan to so something about the ugly hinges on the rear seat. But on second thoughts, I will let the rear armrest remain folded back at all times, since I have rarely unfolded it on this one.

As far as the footwell is concerned, I would definitely look forward to some suitable carpeting material to mask the ugliness.

Local car accessories outlets do have many solutions (though not Ford specific) for such enhancements.

The cost of the accessories package by Ford for the NFS is rather on the high side.
Old 5th September 2011, 19:41   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
I did get a call from the dealer on Saturday informing me that the car will be reaching Delhi by the middle of the week. Hopefully this time it seems to be true.

As of now I have not contemplated any changes to the interiors. Initially, I did plan to so something about the ugly hinges on the rear seat. But on second thoughts, I will let the rear armrest remain folded back at all times, since I have rarely unfolded it on this one.

As far as the footwell is concerned, I would definitely look forward to some suitable carpeting material to mask the ugliness.

Local car accessories outlets do have many solutions (though not Ford specific) for such enhancements.

The cost of the accessories package by Ford for the NFS is rather on the high side.
So finally it looks like you will be getting your car this week! Fingers crossed.
Could you please elaborate on the "accessories package by Ford"? I mean the pricing. My dealer claims to have no idea of the pricing of any accessories. It would be helpful if you could write the pricing of whatever accessories you know here! Thanks!!
Old 5th September 2011, 21:37   #1155
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the dismal performance of the NFF in August (just 401 numbers ) and with the festive season just around the corner, i am sure Ford will get its infamous discounts and special editions rolling for this car sooner than they would have expected.

The cheque for booking the car has been waiting on my table for almost a week now. As i will be travelling for most of this month and October, i feel i can wait for two more months to book the car (to coincide with the festive season - and that i will not be able to drive the car even if i take delivery). In case Ford reduces the price/offers free insurance etc., during the two months, i would be set to gain. . If they do not, then i would anyway get the car at the same price, albeit two months late.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks