Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2011, 11:58   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Saw this strange and surprising advt in today's TOI. I mean Ford should be talking about New Fiesta all the time. Why are they talking about their existing vehicles(Figo, Fiesta Classic and Endeavour) which have done pretty well in their segments and do not need much of advertising? I cant fathom the logic.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-ford.png  

Old 6th September 2011, 12:13   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Saw this strange and surprising advt in today's TOI. I mean Ford should be talking about New Fiesta all the time. Why are they talking about their existing vehicles(Figo, Fiesta Classic and Endeavour) which have done pretty well in their segments and do not need much of advertising? I cant fathom the logic.
Even I saw this ad in today's TOI and was a bit surprised. On first look, I mistook the first car picture to be the ANFF. Seems like since the Fiesta party is turning into a damp squib, Ford is trying to ramp up volumes in other product categories to compensate.
Old 6th September 2011, 15:37   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murillo View Post
Even I saw this ad in today's TOI and was a bit surprised. On first look, I mistook the first car picture to be the ANFF. Seems like since the Fiesta party is turning into a damp squib, Ford is trying to ramp up volumes in other product categories to compensate.
The Ford India management must be sooo relieved that they did not discontinue the old Fiesta when the new Fiesta launched! Else they would really have been in deep doo-doo.
Old 7th September 2011, 14:13   #1159
BHPian

They have this swap your ride programmme in USA, I think its very cool thing, where owners of compete cars swap for Ford make for a week and get to experience the difference. First time I saw the ads in USA,

Glad its been done in India too
Old 7th September 2011, 14:33   #1160
Distinguished - BHPian

400 odd sold in August, Titanium Diesel has a waiting period in Chennai and if it's black it's > 2 months, some people are changing their booking to Fiesta Classic etc. I really don't understand what's happening!

Last edited by kiku007 : 7th September 2011 at 14:35.
Old 8th September 2011, 10:56   #1161
BHPian

Well Ford has priced the new Fiesta badly... if it were near the Honday City's price levels, there would have been more takers.

But once i read Mustang's post saying there is only 25% localisation for this car, the price i felt was bound to be on the higher side.
My gut feel is once they achieve a higher localisation for the NFS, the prices will come down. Don't know how the people who have already got the cars would feel about price cuts if they happen.
Old 8th September 2011, 11:25   #1162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
Well Ford has priced the new Fiesta badly... if it were near the Honday City's price levels, there would have been more takers.

But once i read Mustang's post saying there is only 25% localisation for this car, the price i felt was bound to be on the higher side.
My gut feel is once they achieve a higher localisation for the NFS, the prices will come down. Don't know how the people who have already got the cars would feel about price cuts if they happen.
the same thing that happened to jazz owners, i suppose.

And this is a no-brainer now for ford.
They took the shot with the price, thinking it will still sell in decent enough numbers.
it didnt.

And why i feel the prices will come down is cos the fiesta's a generational platform, and ford cant afford to do a mondeo with it especially in the indian market, which has already seen 2 generations of fiestas, now on the third.
Both the earlier gens have shown the appetite for the fiesta here, and ford oughta be more or less aware, that this one too has the capability to sell.
Old 8th September 2011, 11:33   #1163
BHPian

So finally the day has arrived when I get the delivery of my Titanium+. Will leave office early today, go home, eat lunch and will request hubby to drive me to Harpreet Ford at Gurgaon (close to 50 Kms. from my home).

Still keeping my fingers crossed though!!
Old 8th September 2011, 11:41   #1164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
No car manufacturer uses transient pricing to price its car, its bad marketing and bad for the brand especially when its a mass market product - most of them plan the steady state localisation and accordingly price its car.
Ford's pricing strategy boils down to their global strategy of raising their margins - in fact fiesta has done well in US but India happens to follow different dynamics altogether
Old 8th September 2011, 11:47   #1165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
So finally the day has arrived when I get the delivery of my Titanium+. Will leave office early today, go home, eat lunch and will request hubby to drive me to Harpreet Ford at Gurgaon (close to 50 Kms. from my home).

Wow! Good to hear that. Looking forward for some teaser pics on this thread before you start your own. All the best for the delivery process.
Old 8th September 2011, 11:52   #1166
Senior - BHPian

Ford has commited a huge blunder with the New Fiesta, as summarized below:-
  1. People saw reviews from abroad raving about the new Fiesta---like Jeremy Clarkson's review. They expected the same offering in India, but alas, they detuned both the petrol and diesel engines in India.
  2. The pricing was a disaster, when compared to other new launches like the new Verna. The price cuts of the Honda City further added to Ford's woes.
  3. Gimmicks like voice-activated controls do not excite so much as a host of features that the ANHV offers.
  4. Poor quality plastics at the rear, including the exposed hinges on the arm rest.
  5. The NFF does not have the USP of the earlier diesel and petrol avatars. On the diesel model, the Classic had zero turbo-lag, which is not so now. On the contrary the Verna has improved on this front. On the petrol model, there is no longer that feeling of power available in every gear, whenever and wherever you want it.
  6. Space at rear is hardly more than the Classic, though it costs 2 to 3 lacs more.
The only positives are the ACC and cruise control, apart from pull-drift compensation. But these postives are not enough to overcome the shortcomings listed above. The biggest let downs are items 1, 2 and 5 above for me, though this may differ from person to person. But overall, most people are shying away from the New Fiesta for a combination of factors listed above.

The only way out for Ford is to price the car competitively, but even then many would prefer to go for the Classic, or the Verna or City.
Old 8th September 2011, 12:14   #1167
Senior - BHPian

Ford are putting their products up directly against competition. Good move with the new Swift out.
Old 8th September 2011, 16:09   #1168
BHPian

Hi Everyone !

There seems to be a surprising development on the Fiesta front. Today I was suppoesed to get my 50K cheque for the cancellation of my petrol NFF from the D'dun dealer. Instead of the cheque, I was offered a package not to cancel my booking. Here goes the offer...

1. 20K Corporate discount (from Ford !!!)
2. 10K discount on insurance
3. Essential pack including matting, mud flaps (plus 2 more items) as FREE
4. FREE teflon coating

I was surprised pleasantly... but not sure if its a one off case or signs of Ford finally giving in??? But it seems we should look forward to more offers in the festive season

For the present, I have declined the offer. Better wait for one more month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post

Hi Sugeeta ! Congrats and best wishes for your new buy ! Would look forward to some pics of your proud new acquisition, and of course the user review... Good Luck !!!

Last edited by rock22 : 8th September 2011 at 16:10. Reason: typos
Old 8th September 2011, 18:46   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post

3. Essential pack including matting, mud flaps (plus 2 more items) as FREE
4. FREE teflon coating
A few days before taking delivery, I fould that the mats, mud flaps were included as part of the package for free. So were the teflon coating which was done and voutures for two (or three?) more coating were provided which can be done after 6 months / 9 months.

Original quoted price (I booked a day before the prices were announced) was increased by about 5k to include the 3rd year extended warranty. I opted to go for it as based on my experience, I felt that the service cost increased after coming out of the warranty period for my older Fiesta TDCI.
Old 9th September 2011, 18:25   #1170
BHPian

Yes, Indeed I got the delivery of my car last evening on a very rainy, slushy, traffic jammed evening.

Yesterday's city driving in bumper to bumper traffic was over 150Kms (not kidding) and I was so tired at the end of the day that I could barely manage to eat dinner and pop off to sleep.

Hope to post some pics tonight.
Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks