Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2011, 18:35   #1171
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Yes, Indeed I got the delivery of my car last evening on a very rainy, slushy, traffic jammed evening.

Yesterday's city driving in bumper to bumper traffic was over 150Kms (not kidding) and I was so tired at the end of the day that I could barely manage to eat dinner and pop off to sleep.

Hope to post some pics tonight.
Congrats on your new drive. How was the drive? Eventhough it was in b2b traffic. Your post does not show that you are excited about the car. Sorry for this question, is it a petrol or diesel ?

I have my booking amount ready and I'm waiting for a price correction... enjoy your drive..
Old 9th September 2011, 22:31   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Congrats on your new drive. How was the drive? Eventhough it was in b2b traffic. Your post does not show that you are excited about the car. Sorry for this question, is it a petrol or diesel ?

I have my booking amount ready and I'm waiting for a price correction... enjoy your drive..
Sorry Friend, No way in the world should anyone be expecting a Price Correction so soon. The thing is that Ford has messed up BIG TIME with the prices of new fiesta and I am sure that by now they are aware of this reality. Absolutely no chance now that the pricing has been fixed that any company would correct the prices in a span of 2-3 months. If that happens it would mean that Ford has accepted that it messed up with the pricing and I am sure they cannot afford to do that. All who have got the car at the present price might just sue the company. People have quoted here that they are already getting corporate discounts of 20k plus 10k discount on insurance. Maybe in the month of December one might get an extra 10-15k but I seriously do not think Ford would actually reduce the prices anytime soon. They might offer some extra discounts and freebies but nothing more than that.

I got the Honda City a month back and only recently did I check out the prices for new Fiesta in Delhi. Have to admit this is a way way overpriced car. The thing is that after all possible discounts the base variant of Honda City is available for 7.5 Lacs ON Road Delhi. This is sheer value for money when you compare with the prices of Fiesta (even if it much more loaded in terms of accessories).

With due respect to all Fiesta owners here even if the Fiesta was priced 2 lacs less than the present price of 9.22 lacs Delhi I would think twice before buying it compared to ANHC. When I was in the process of buying my new car I asked atleast 10 different people and 8 out of those 10 guys wanted to get the ANHC instead of Vento / Verna / Fiesta / SX4 notwithstanding the price correction the car got. Fact is that Honda brand in India still has a lot of SNOB value attched to it. Its shocking to see that Ford has only been able to sell 400 odd Fiestas in the month of August despite having a Diesal whereas ANHC in its Petrol Avatar has done close to 6000 numbers.

I am not saying that the Fiesta is a bad car. It is actually a wonderfull car with some classic features and a very nice design. Its just that it is totally completely and highly overpriced .

Consider this that the Honda Civic till a couple of years back when the registration charges were quite less was actually available for 10.7 lacs On Road in Delhi in the base variant. And now Ford is saying that they want to sell the top model of Fiesta for 12 lacs. Come on guys this it too much.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-ford-prices.jpg  

Old 9th September 2011, 22:55   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Indeed I got the delivery of my car last evening on a very rainy, slushy, traffic jammed evening.

Yesterday's city driving in bumper to bumper traffic was over 150Kms (not kidding) and I was so tired at the end of the day that I could barely manage to eat dinner and pop off to sleep.

Many congrats. For all the trouble Ford put you through, you stuck to your choice of car. Here is wishing you luck and hoping this car brings you lot of happy miles.
Old 9th September 2011, 23:02   #1174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Congratulations Sugeeta!. Good to read that your wait is finally over.

That’s indeed some work for the weekend

Last edited by vb-saan : 9th September 2011 at 23:04. Reason: Tags removed
Old 9th September 2011, 23:52   #1175
Team-BHP Support

Ford Fiesta 1.5 petrol has clocked better lap times than Fiesta 1.6S and the T-Jet in hands of 'keyan at MMST featured in this month's ACI.

I wasn't half expecting it to topple the T-Jet but direct injection has its advantage over a turbo I believe.
Old 10th September 2011, 22:52   #1176
BHPian

Here are a few initial pictures of the Fiesta
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-2.jpg  

Last edited by Sugeeta : 10th September 2011 at 22:56.
Sugeeta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2011, 22:58   #1177
BHPian

It was raining heavily, so some external pictures may look blurred.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-4.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-5.jpg  

Old 11th September 2011, 01:17   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, Sugeeta! Nice to see a one-day-old car badged with "Live to Drive" already!

I saw a New Fiesta in the same colour yesterday, and I must say the rear was not as bad I thought it would look in real life.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2011, 12:14   #1179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your new Ford! Must feel great to finally take delivery after the shenanigans at the dealer end. May she serve you well for many years to come..
Old 11th September 2011, 13:07   #1180
Senior - BHPian

@Sugeeta,

After all that turmoils, finally the Fiesta is in your hands. Congratulations for the same. Request you take some time out of your busy schedule and start an ownership thread at the earliest with lots of pics. I hope you will have the same experience with this one as other Fords in your family.
Old 11th September 2011, 13:51   #1181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post
IWith due respect to all Fiesta owners here even if the Fiesta was priced 2 lacs less than the present price of 9.22 lacs Delhi I would think twice before buying it compared to ANHC. When I was in the process of buying my new car I asked atleast 10 different people and 8 out of those 10 guys wanted to get the ANHC instead of Vento / Verna / Fiesta / SX4 notwithstanding the price correction the car got. Fact is that Honda brand in India still has a lot of SNOB value attched to it. Its shocking to see that Ford has only been able to sell 400 odd Fiestas in the month of August despite having a Diesal whereas ANHC in its Petrol Avatar has done close to 6000 numbers.

I am not saying that the Fiesta is a bad car. It is actually a wonderfull car with some classic features and a very nice design. Its just that it is totally completely and highly overpriced .
While I agree with you that the ANHC is a very good option for those buying petrol sedans, I'd have still bought the Fiesta if it were priced cheaper than the City. Or I'd have even gone for the Classic as it is a proven car by now, having better low-end grunt than the City, and also better driving dynamics. The only advantage the City offers is more space at the rear, but that is not my priority.

I am not a type who would consult 10 people before buying a car, lest I land up with a Dzire or some other car the junta perceives to be good, like the City. I'd go with my own perception, and not half-baked views from others. Sorry, no offence meant to City owners, but I'm just reacting to the views expressed.

Nevertheless, I fully agree with you that Ford has arrogantly priced the new Fiesta, and will realise their folly soon.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2011, 14:19   #1182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Or I'd have even gone for the Classic as it is a proven car by now, having better low-end grunt than the City, and also better driving dynamics. The only advantage the City offers is more space at the rear, but that is not my priority.
From what I have heard, the Fiesta Classic petrol also has another drawback as compared to the City: poorer FE. From what I've heard, the normal city FE for a Fiesta 1.6 is 9-12 kpl whereas most City owners like my Boss report FE of 11-15 kpl. I am not saying the City is a superior car, just mentioning a 20% difference is fuel costs in this day and age when it can make a difference of more than Re 1/- per km.
Old 11th September 2011, 14:25   #1183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect

From what I have heard, the Fiesta Classic petrol also has another drawback as compared to the City: poorer FE. From what I've heard, the normal city FE for a Fiesta 1.6 is 9-12 kpl whereas most City owners like my Boss report FE of 11-15 kpl. I am not saying the City is a superior car, just mentioning a 20% difference is fuel costs in this day and age when it can make a difference of more than Re 1/- per km.
Its possible to get the same efficiency out of th classic,its just that most people choose not to.
You get a driver with strict instructions that sahib needs no jerks/rolls in the rear.then yes,13-14 is possible.
Its just the whole dynamics of the car that there is no possibility of sensible driving if you drive yourself.never.
Just speaking from experience.
I remember you looking for a well kept fiesta to thrash for a bit.
Try one,you'll know.
Old 11th September 2011, 14:54   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Being a Fiesta Classic owner I have been regularly getting an FE of 14kmpl with city driving even if I let myself loose on a couple of occasions on the highways.

It was not about FE, it was purely the cost which was keeping people off the All New Honda City(remember GTO's mail, no acronyms) in those days making people have a second look at the Fiesta. Those who did were hooked for life.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2011, 15:09   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
My friend's dad drives a Fiesta 1.6 '09. He consistently manages 12-13 in the city while my friend gets it down to around 9 .
IMO fuel efficiency has got a lot to do with ones driving style.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks