Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2011, 15:47   #1186
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
From what I have heard, the Fiesta Classic petrol also has another drawback as compared to the City: poorer FE. From what I've heard, the normal city FE for a Fiesta 1.6 is 9-12 kpl whereas most City owners like my Boss report FE of 11-15 kpl. I am not saying the City is a superior car, just mentioning a 20% difference is fuel costs in this day and age when it can make a difference of more than Re 1/- per km.
I disagree. Please don't go by hearsay. I get between 11 to 12.5 in Hyderabad city driving. If you read my ownership thread, the exact figures are posted there.

My colleague bought an ANHC a year ago, and under similar driving conditions, gets the same F.E.

It was the older City (New Honda City) that definitely had better F.E., but people had to put up with its quirky looks and relatively low-powered engine.
Old 11th September 2011, 19:50   #1187

Newbie - Test drove the New Fiesta Diesel

Hi friends,

Test drove the new Fiesta Diesel (Titanium +) here at Mody Ford Hyderabad.

Experienced the following:
- Great handling, had a smooth drive
- Liked most of the features of the vehicle
- From all the review I read (& saw), no one's complaining! Great promotions by Ford?

However, me (driver's seat) & my wife (she sat in the back) also felt the following:
- It was terribly cramped (the brochure says its width is 1722 mm)
- The seats are low, I had a (bit of a) tough time getting out of the driver's seat
- It seemed to be rather low with a ground clearance of 168 mm (Is it?)
- The rear window glass was rather high for children or short passengers
- (missed checking this thoroughly during the test drive) The boot seemed to be rather high & probably obstructs the rear view (?) during normal drive as well as for backing up.

We're rather new with cars - and our *first* experience in the New Fiesta was not good. This is supposedly a radically new car designed for the international markets - and is not like the Fiesta Classic which was designed for India. Is it just us, or anyone else also experienced the same/similar?

I'd request for existing owners (& other experts here) of this new car - if you could please let me know your experiences about the 4 pain points I've listed above. I'd also appreciate if you can let me know any other pain areas.

I plan to use the car kind-of daily upto 25 kms and also plan to go on long drives (HYD to MUM - ~700 kms).

Thanks,

Nirav D. Doshi
Old 11th September 2011, 21:29   #1188
BHPian

Re: Newbie - Test drove the New Fiesta Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by niravdd View Post
I think the Vento, Fiesta Classic and the New Fiesta comes comes with 168 mm ground clearance. Despite that, I think the suspension, load to the car in terms of occupants, engine weight may also come into play. When the Fiesta Classic (TDCI) scrapes through (with only me driving) some of the speed breakers, the New Fiesta (Petrol) gets through without any problems, possibly attributing to the stiffer suspension. I guess the TDCI is brought down due to the higher engine weight.
hypermiler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 09:53   #1189
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
Hi Everyone !

There seems to be a surprising development on the Fiesta front. Today I was suppoesed to get my 50K cheque for the cancellation of my petrol NFF from the D'dun dealer. Instead of the cheque, I was offered a package not to cancel my booking. Here goes the offer...

1. 20K Corporate discount (from Ford !!!)
2. 10K discount on insurance
3. Essential pack including matting, mud flaps (plus 2 more items) as FREE
4. FREE teflon coating

I was surprised pleasantly... but not sure if its a one off case or signs of Ford finally giving in??? But it seems we should look forward to more offers in the festive season

For the present, I have declined the offer. Better wait for one more month.
Rock22 - I had a discussion with my dealer and he denied any such benefits being passed on to any one. For the benefit of the community and for people like me who are at the verge of booking the NFF, please scan and post the offer letter.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 10:06   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Rock22 - I had a discussion with my dealer and he denied any such benefits being passed on to any one. For the benefit of the community and for people like me who are at the verge of booking the NFF, please scan and post the offer letter.
Hi MAS !

This was only a verbal offer... no written document as such. You see, I went to their service camp here to collect my cancellation cheque, and the sales guy made this offer to me. Later I talked to there sales manager on phone, who confirmed the offer, adding they have received a mail from Ford about the corporate discount, on 7th Sep. I think you should ask your dealer about any such mail. Best of luck !

Btw, I'm supposed to get my cheque today.
rock22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 11:48   #1191
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
Hi MAS !

This was only a verbal offer... no written document as such. You see, I went to their service camp here to collect my cancellation cheque, and the sales guy made this offer to me. Later I talked to there sales manager on phone, who confirmed the offer, adding they have received a mail from Ford about the corporate discount, on 7th Sep. I think you should ask your dealer about any such mail. Best of luck !

Btw, I'm supposed to get my cheque today.
Many thanks for your reply. I will be visiting the showroom tomorrow. I would talk to him about the corporate discount. Insurance anyways would be bought from outside. I would also push for the free "essential pack" worth Rs. 6500/-.
Old 12th September 2011, 12:03   #1192

MAS & Rock22:

I understand you have purchased the NFF. Did you feel the car was cramped? Please see a few questions I've posted above and I'd appreciate your inputs/feedback.

Thanks!
Old 12th September 2011, 12:09   #1193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Many thanks for your reply. I will be visiting the showroom tomorrow. I would talk to him about the corporate discount. Insurance anyways would be bought from outside. I would also push for the free "essential pack" worth Rs. 6500/-.
If he doesn't relent, probably you could drop in a cue that you are thinking of canceling the booking, and doing it later after Diwali

Might work!
Old 12th September 2011, 15:58   #1194
Senior - BHPian

Re: Newbie - Test drove the New Fiesta Diesel

I'm not a owner of this car, but checked it out extensively for one of my colleagues. Some comments from my side.

- I didn't find it cramped. The front seats are more like bucket seats and hence if your frame is large, you may have trouble accomodating to it. Its not the most spacious one, but it isnt too bad either.
- You have seat height adjustment to get a good driving position. Should not be an issue.
- 168 mm is par for the course and coupled with firm suspension and short wheelbase, this should not be a problem at all.
- Its not too claustrophobic. But yes, its positioned a little high due to the exterior design/lines.
- Boot is high set, but you will get used to it very soon. It may not give you the most perfect rear view during driving, but think its very much manageable.

Hope this helps. All the best with your decision making process.

Quote:
However, me (driver's seat) & my wife (she sat in the back) also felt the following:
- It was terribly cramped (the brochure says its width is 1722 mm)
- The seats are low, I had a (bit of a) tough time getting out of the driver's seat
- The rear window glass was rather high for children or short passengers
- (missed checking this thoroughly during the test drive) The boot seemed to be rather high & probably obstructs the rear view (?) during normal drive as well as for backing up.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 18:25   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Congratulations, Sugeeta! Nice to see a one-day-old car badged with "Live to Drive" already!

I saw a New Fiesta in the same colour yesterday, and I must say the rear was not as bad I thought it would look in real life.

Thanks architect.

The rear is over-hyped as bad looking. Probably it is not too bad. And I must say, the car good to drive too. So far so good.
Sugeeta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 20:34   #1196
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
And I must say, the car good to drive too. So far so good.
Congrats Sugeeta!
Please post the link here once you've started the ownership review
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 12:11   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
MAS & Rock22:

I understand you have purchased the NFF. Did you feel the car was cramped? Please see a few questions I've posted above and I'd appreciate your inputs/feedback.

Thanks!
niravdd,

I have checked out the New Fiesta at Mody Ford, Somajiguda few weeks ago and found that the rear bench is very small in width. It cannot seat 3 adults in the rear. My issue was with the elbow room. Me, another friend and the SE sat in the rear and it was with great difficulty and adjustment we could close the doors. Front seating is not bad.

If you are looking for a 3 adult rear seat, then it is not gonna be easy accommodating them all.
NoRules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2011, 09:20   #1198
Team-BHP Support

According to Autocar India's track test this year, the New Fiesta 1.5 petrol outshines the Linea T-Jet and even the Fiesta S from last year. Here is the video link:

Last edited by vb-saan : 18th September 2011 at 09:21.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2011, 14:25   #1199
Team-BHP Support

^ Timing wise it was 0.3 sec faster than the T-jet, but do also note what Narain says about the lack of mid-range and grunt from the engine. Its the Fiesta's excellent dynamics that gave it the timing advantage on the track.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 23:26   #1200
BHPian

What is happening at Ford for this Fiesta...?
Unable to see a single car on the Chennai roads.
It is launched 2 months back, no sales or no deliveries....?

-JK

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks