Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2011, 19:46   #1351
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Thats surprising.
I have heard a lot of things about fords in india, but blue collar?
Good question!

At least that’s what I felt – in the forum, and also outside (in friends and family circle).
When I recommended the Fiesta to a few, the standard answer was “we can pay that price for a VW or a Honda, but too much for a Ford”. I am not generalizing, and not buying into that argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I am in a state of mind which is oscillating every day. It is strange, as i have never been so "undecided" ever in my life.
I had decided to wait for the Auto Expo, but two days back there was an article in the newspaper which confirmed that Ford would revise prices upwards from 1st Jan 2012, which would also include the New Fiesta. This has put me in a fix once again.
I am pushing for more discounts. Called up the second dealer of Ford, Chennai Ford today evening and they are giving "Insurance" as Free on the New Fiesta TDCi. If i get a good deal, i will go in for the car this year or wait for the Auto Expo.
Well if you can wait, that maybe a better option. Noticed that the Fiesta AT have some added goodies like leather seats, ESP etc. Maybe this will get into the top end MT variants as well.
Old 11th December 2011, 19:52   #1352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
I wonder at what price would Ford sell that Fiesta in India . On another note the Fiesta count has gone up for me up to three, two whites and one silver. I often drive by one of the Ford showrooms and that one doesn't even have the new Fiesta on display sometimes .

The hatch is no doubt a superior car. If launched with a competent power-plants (not the 1.5L rubbish) it can be a properly great hot hatch. Miles ahead of anything anyone has dreamt of. I will be willing to write a check even for 15L for the hatch if it comes with a monster of an engine.

Last edited by oxyzen : 11th December 2011 at 19:53.
Old 11th December 2011, 21:30   #1353
BHPian

Ford has ruined the fiesta's name in India!! It sells well in the US,UK,Australia,China etc. Average engines, mediocre interiors and a high sticker price has ruined it here!
If ford wanted to create a niche product for driving enthusiast Ford could have given us performance engines, both petrol and diesel (ecoboost?) sporty high quality interiors, and body kits.It would have not sold well(ford seems quite content with the current sales figures!) due to its perceived high fuel consumption but it would surely given cars like the Laura TSI a run for its money! I guess i dream too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
The hatch is no doubt a superior car. If launched with a competent power-plants (not the 1.5L rubbish) it can be a properly great hot hatch. Miles ahead of anything anyone has dreamt of. I will be willing to write a check even for 15L for the hatch if it comes with a monster of an engine.

Maybe when the hatch is launched(if at all!) you can swap the engine for a cosworth engine? Read some article on cosworth engines for the figo! So maybe for the fiesta?? But i guess you would have to change the gear box also! Dont know if the article is true though!

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 11th December 2011 at 21:31.
Old 11th December 2011, 21:43   #1354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Ford has ruined the fiesta's name in India!! It sells well in the US,UK,Australia,China etc. Average engines, mediocre interiors and a high sticker price has ruined it here!
If ford wanted to create a niche product for driving enthusiast Ford could have given us performance engines, both petrol and diesel (ecoboost?) sporty high quality interiors, and body kits.It would have not sold well(ford seems quite content with the current sales figures!) due to its perceived high fuel consumption but it would surely given cars like the Laura TSI a run for its money! I guess i dream too much!
I could not have said it better. I don't know if the person who priced the Fiesta was on medication, or the person who plonked the 1.5L engines draws his paycheck from GM. But all in all their tag team has absolutely R-U-I-N-E-D Fiesta's name. What on earth are you going to do do with handling if there is no power? And as a lover of hot hatchbacks I will always detest these manufactures for not launching the hatch versions. (Fiesta 1.6D or Polo 1.6TDi or Punto 1.6MJD).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Maybe when the hatch is launched(if at all!) you can swap the engine for a cosworth engine? Read some article on cosworth engines for the figo! So maybe for the fiesta?? But i guess you would have to change the gear box also! Dont know if the article is true though!
Dejected by these manufacturers who look down upon India, I have my eyes on the Mini as of now.
Old 11th December 2011, 23:34   #1355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't know if the person who priced the Fiesta was on medication, or the person who plonked the 1.5L engines draws his paycheck from GM. But all in all their tag team has absolutely R-U-I-N-E-D Fiesta's name. What on earth are you going to do do with handling if there is no power? .
During the Ford DFSL program: I chatted with some Ford officials who gave me the following logic and information:

1. Ford apparently did some detailed customer studies before the Fiesta launch. the current diesel and petrol engines were selected on two primary criteria which they said topped the Indian customer's list:
a. Fuel Efficiency. The two engines selected were the most efficient from Ford's lineup.
b. Cubic Capacity: the 1.5 litre diesel enjoys lower taxes (don't ask me why the diesel is STILL that costly!).

2. By their own admission, Ford heavily miscalculated the petrol-diesel breakup. They were prepared for 40-60 split between petrol and diesel and they got an almost 15-85 split. Their plant is struggling with these skewed ratios and hence the slow delivery numbers!

3. Apparently Ford is (still) confident that the FE of the Titanium+ will put Ford back into business.

These are their statements, not mine. Let me add, again, that the steering is a gem. I am still smitten!
architect is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 00:02   #1356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
a. Fuel Efficiency. The two engines selected were the most efficient from Ford's lineup.
Downsizing just the engine does not make a world of difference. Compare the Polo 1.6 and the 1.2. In real wold the difference will be 1-1.5 KMPL. So imagine the difference btwn a 1.5L & 1.6L.

Quote:
b. Cubic Capacity: the 1.5 litre diesel enjoys lower taxes (don't ask me why the diesel is STILL that costly!).
Right
However to qualify for lower brackets it has to be in a certain length as well. I am pretty sure Fiesta does not qualify for it.

Quote:
3. Apparently Ford is (still) confident that the FE of the Titanium+ will put Ford back into business.
Some people learn from their mistakes. Some are just incorrigible.

Quote:
These are their statements, not mine. Let me add, again, that the steering is a gem. I am still smitten!
It is not just the steering. It is the entire combination of chassis, suspension, agility and steering. Ford feels better to drive than a Fiat or Skoda pretty much everything. The Classic 1.6 is simply superb.
Old 12th December 2011, 03:15   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is not just the steering. It is the entire combination of chassis, suspension, agility and steering. Ford feels better to drive than a Fiat or Skoda pretty much everything. The Classic 1.6 is simply superb.
Agreed with everything except one: Ford cars may have the best package but after having driven a Fiesta Classic, I find the Linea / GP / Palio steering better. The new Fiesta is an EPS, but its very close to an HPS. Very close.

As a package, I like the new Fiesta. I am still smitten. Maybe a few more horses, and I would have another car to look forward to another 4 years time! Currently, there is none in the 5-11 lakh category.
Old 18th December 2011, 18:56   #1358
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Update:

I have cancelled my booking of Fiesta Trend, with my current dealer as they kept calling me up to cancel my booking as they found another customer. I decided to let go of the booking.

Called up the second dealer in Chennai, "Chennai Ford" and after a few discussions, finalized 38 K discount for Titanium + which includes free mats, mud flaps and 3M wax coat.

Now, this is mouth watering offer. Come 2012, there is a 3% price increase already announced by Ford; plus an anticipated 2% increase in tax. This would take the price up by 50K.

Guys, should i take the plunge?
Old 18th December 2011, 19:01   #1359
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Go ahead and get the car! The best is to get the car when you are in need. Otherwise the wait could go on and on. All the best
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 19:14   #1360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS
Update:

I have cancelled my booking of Fiesta Trend, with my current dealer as they kept calling me up to cancel my booking as they found another customer. I decided to let go of the booking.

Called up the second dealer in Chennai, "Chennai Ford" and after a few discussions, finalized 38 K discount for Titanium + which includes free mats, mud flaps and 3M wax coat.

Now, this is mouth watering offer. Come 2012, there is a 3% price increase already announced by Ford; plus an anticipated 2% increase in tax. This would take the price up by 50K.

Dude...

The current offer on the New Fiesta for Class A listed companies (HCL, TCS et all) is just over a lakh. Am talking about the TDCi, yes! The OTR for Titanium D in Chennai is 11.4!
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 19:19   #1361
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Dude...
The current offer on the New Fiesta for Class A listed companies (HCL, TCS et all) is just over a lakh. Am talking about the TDCi, yes! The OTR for Titanium D in Chennai is 11.4!
Are you serious? 1 Lakh for the TDCi? I got the offer for the Petrol. Could you please let us have more details. Did some of your friends get that offer?
Old 18th December 2011, 19:29   #1362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude...

Class A: Is this list based on how many cars were purchased in the Company? Hope they open up this discount for all & boost up their sales. Drove it once & liked it a lot.
Old 18th December 2011, 19:32   #1363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS

Are you serious? 1 Lakh for the TDCi? I got the offer for the Petrol. Could you please let us have more details. Did some of your friends get that offer?
I was planning on a purchase for myself and thats the situation as of now! I am eligible for 35K discount so I am planning to get it in my bro's name. The SE was giving bull about 4% price increase from Jan'12. The SE is meeting me tomorrow with details and another TD.
Old 18th December 2011, 20:49   #1364
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was planning on a purchase for myself and thats the situation as of now! I am eligible for 35K discount so I am planning to get it in my bro's name. The SE was giving bull about 4% price increase from Jan'12. The SE is meeting me tomorrow with details and another TD.
Which dealer are you in touch with? Everyone is aware of the 35K. Please let us know about the 100 K + discount.
Old 18th December 2011, 23:55   #1365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which dealer are you in touch with? Everyone is aware of the 35K. Please let us know about the 100 K + discount.
I am speaking with MPL Ford, Nandanam!

The reason for 100K difference is because of the LTT for the Titanium variant. In TN, the LTT is charged at 15% for vehicles costing more than 10L and the Titanium D is a shade above 10L @ 10.37L. 15% of which is around 1,55,550.

Now, after the discount the invoice price of the Titanium D comes down to 9.96L and the LTT is calculated at 10% which is 99,600 INR. There you save 55K + 40K on the OTR cost!

This is what I understood from my conversation with the SE on Friday. I am trying to find out more details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Class A: Is this list based on how many cars were purchased in the Company? Hope they open up this discount for all & boost up their sales. Drove it once & liked it a lot.
I have no clue about that mate!

Last edited by anachronix : 18th December 2011 at 23:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks