Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2011, 07:06   #1366
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I am speaking with MPL Ford, Nandanam!

The reason for 100K difference is because of the LTT for the Titanium variant. In TN, the LTT is charged at 15% for vehicles costing more than 10L and the Titanium D is a shade above 10L @ 10.37L. 15% of which is around 1,55,550.

Now, after the discount the invoice price of the Titanium D comes down to 9.96L and the LTT is calculated at 10% which is 99,600 INR. There you save 55K + 40K on the OTR cost!

This is what I understood from my conversation with the SE on Friday. I am trying to find out more details
I have already a booking for the Fiesta with MPL made on Sept 13. I'm aware of the increase sales tax in TN and if you flip back a couple of pages, I have already discussed about that. MPL has offered me a discount of 25 K on the ex-showroom. I was pushing for an additional 13K, as the Ex-Showroom price for Titanium in Chennai is 10.37 (Rs. 10,37,316 to be exact). The guys turned down my requests and stuck to their 25 K discount.

The 35K discount from MPL is an interesting offer. But it is not enough as the Ex-showroom will still be above 10 Lakhs. Would appreciate if you keep me posted on your discussions. May be we should to down together and push for higher discounts. Who is your SA in MPL?
Old 19th December 2011, 12:22   #1367
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

The price list with discounts on offer for Level A listed companies (referred as HCL in the attachment) which I got from MPL, Taramani.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Book1.xls (18.0 KB, 534 views)
anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 19:05   #1368
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Anachronix, that was helpful. I also think there should be substantial discounts through the ford F&F scheme for their employees. I'm not certain about the current discounts, but I'm fairly confident it will match the pricing of list A companies, if not better them.
Old 19th December 2011, 22:23   #1369
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The price list with discounts on offer for Level A listed companies (referred as HCL in the attachment) which I got from MPL, Taramani.
Thanks you very much Anachronix. You have great contacts.

As i have pushed myself to like the Titanium +, i guess the offer is not very attractive. I get the Titanium + for 12.42 OTR with Essential pack as free.
Old 19th December 2011, 23:44   #1370
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please also update about the discussions you had with the SA today. Were you able to get the same price as the HCL guys? (if you don't work for HCL)?
Old 19th December 2011, 23:48   #1371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Thanks you very much Anachronix. You have great contacts.

As i have pushed myself to like the Titanium +, i guess the offer is not very attractive. I get the Titanium + for 12.42 OTR with Essential pack as free.
I just called them over phone like every other buyer and enquired about the December discounts and I myself was shocked to hear the 1 lakh discounts for Level A corporates.

Quote:
Please also update about the discussions you had with the SA today. Were you able to get the same price as the HCL guys? (if you don't work for HCL)?
Nop, I dont work for HCL but my brother works for HCL. I am still thinking between the Fiesta and upgraded Linea thats coming in a couple of weeks time. The SA dint come today, I would be meeting him tomorrow!
Old 22nd December 2011, 00:40   #1372
MAS
Senior - BHPian

How did your discussion with the SA go? What is the final discount you were able to squeeze out of MPL? Please update
Old 23rd December 2011, 00:35   #1373
Senior - BHPian

Daisy Ford hissar haryana is also offering flat 1L off on tdci titanium plus. Open offer from the dealer.
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 07:54   #1374
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Daisy Ford hissar haryana is also offering flat 1L off on tdci titanium plus. Open offer from the dealer.
1 Lakh off??!! Thanks Sid. I will check with the dealer here in Chennai. Will take the cheque for the advance tomorrow. May be I will hold it for a day or two so that they come up with such huge offers.
Old 24th December 2011, 20:31   #1375
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Update:

Cancelled my earlier booking on 19th Dec 2011 as i wanted to change the dealer, but MPL SA got back and offered a better deal. Re-booked the New Fiesta "Titanium Plus" Moon Beam Silver today. Delivery will be mid-next week. Got a discount of around 45K.
Old 28th December 2011, 00:48   #1376
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Today I had visited the dealer's warehouse to choose between three Moondust Silver cars. Two were Nov 2011 cars, while the third was Dec 2011 make. I chose a Nov 2011 car which had run 36 kms only (others seemed to have been to the showroom and back as they had logged around 130 kms).

When I started the engine, the rpm was oscillating from 700-800 rpm for about 15 seconds and stabilized at around 900 rpm at idle. Please let me know if this happens to the New Fiesta during cold start or is it a cause of concern. I did not start the other cars as I was not interested in them. Please advice guys.
Old 28th December 2011, 14:25   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
When I started the engine, the rpm was oscillating from 700-800 rpm for about 15 seconds and stabilized at around 900 rpm at idle. Please let me know if this happens to the New Fiesta during cold start or is it a cause of concern. I did not start the other cars as I was not interested in them. Please advice guys.
Hi MAS! I assume you are talking about the diesel. In that case, yes, it is perfectly normal for the rpm to oscillate between 700-800 on cold start. It happens every time I start my car (cold start). It settles down after about 20 seconds. I believe it does that to warm the engine faster. This does not happen when the engine is hot. When are you getting delivery of your car?
carfreak77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 17:32   #1378
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Hi MAS! I assume you are talking about the diesel. In that case, yes, it is perfectly normal for the rpm to oscillate between 700-800 on cold start. It happens every time I start my car (cold start). It settles down after about 20 seconds. I believe it does that to warm the engine faster. This does not happen when the engine is hot. When are you getting delivery of your car?
Thanks carfreak for your input. Yes, I'm going in for a diesel. I should get the car on Jan 4th. Would post detailed report.
Old 29th December 2011, 19:01   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Squeeze and black shade. Taken at Srinagar today.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-22.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-vlcsnap2011122919h13m22s106.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 29th December 2011 at 19:17.
Old 30th December 2011, 20:24   #1380
Senior - BHPian

Back on the forum after along gap, my parents have picked up a Diesel Titanium+. I drove about 50km on it and its a world apart from the old Fiesta, B2B traffic is a breeze and the trip meter is pretty impressive, could say almost better than the Fiat one. On road price in KL is approximately 10.8, need to get an armrest fixed. The car is a tad overpriced but it feels much more special and kitted out than the old one.

PS Shocker: Mom finds the Bolero seating position(higher seat) much better.

Most Viewed