Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Did you get to drive in the dark?
Sorry, did not get to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Do the front seats feel 'higher/lower' than the competition?
The driver's seat has a good range. At its lowest position, its nice and low, and not high perched like the ANHC.

Other seats are average height. Like i mentioned, the rear seat is higher than the new Verna - probably on par with the Vento / ANHC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
The large rear could have been given a cut out reflector on the bumper to reduce the emptiness (like the Verna)
They have added these reflectors, but they are too low!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
No Airbag switch off option.
All cars with passenger airbags have an on/off switch. This car has it too.

Quote:
What is the usability of rear door pockets?
There aren't any.

Quote:
Need picture of child lock!
Its a small plastic switch on the rear doors that is visible only when the doors are open - just like all other cars with child lock.

Quote:
Review usually concentrates on taller person. Not all Ajay have taller spouses, also not necessarily all Ajay's are taller!
Its hard for me to imagine beyond the basics for a shorter person. I can tell if the seat goes forward enough, but i can't tell if the steering moves enough or if the armrest is usable etc. Please take your spouse to the Ford showroom

Quote:
How much road noise seeps in to cabin at 100km? Other reviews go gaga about some special treatment from Ford here.
Noise insulation is good. Ford claims its "best in class" - though i do not know how the tests were run and who ran them. I think sometimes there was more noise from the AC vents than the wind/road noise.

cya
R
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:30   #182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Rehaan - would you remotely contemplate buying the Diesel in place of your existing 1.6 if/when the time came for you to replace it?
Hi Suman - my (family's) needs are different from my personal needs, and since i use my fiesta only 5% of the time - the focus would be on the rear seat for the rest of them. Like i've mentioned in the review - the rear is spartan. So it would probably not be first pick in this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydswift View Post
How did you find the interior quality when compared to the new Verna interms of plastics, fabric and noice levels(engine). Does it have a reverse camera built in?
Sorry but i haven't driven the new Verna yet. Only sat in it briefly to get a sense of scale. Check Zappos review for comments on the Verna interiors.

The Fiesta has audio-only reverse sensors at the rear. No camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post
How good is the driver seat height adjust? Is there a significant elevation in the road view angle?
55 mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post
Were you able to see the bonnet from the driver's seat? Do short driver's need to lean forward to see the bonnet?
The bonnet is never really visible. Even when i moved the seat to the highest position. (I'm 5'8" - 5'9")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Wing View Post
The peppy (?) petrol was praised in all European reviews, sad to see it getting lesser ratings here.
That was the 1.6 TiVCT, this is an entirely different 1.5 TiVCT. I don't think any European reviews have featured this engine as yet.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd June 2011 at 14:31.
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:47   #183
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Rehaan - Can this car be called as VFM Diesel Sedan if Ford comes with a terrific price especially on seeing its overall practical features.
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:56   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
All cars with passenger airbags have an on/off switch. This car has it too.
You mean all current cars with passenger airbags? I have 2010 SXI, this has no passenger airbag switch off. I didn't see this either in NFS. Are sure such a option exists in NFS. I know that this exists in Europe and US spec (button there is directly below rear defogger button, which is missing in Indian NFS).
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:06   #185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Noise insulation is good. Ford claims its "best in class" - though I do not know how the tests were run and who ran them. I think sometimes there was more noise from the AC vents than the wind/road noise.
I remember hearing/reading in one of the review that the seats further enhance noise absorption due to the materials used. Is there any truth in such a comment, and if so, any idea of the technology? Just curious

And, even though the official specs are not out, was there any mention on the ground clearance?
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:06   #186
Team-BHP Support

RaguHolla,

If its a "button" below the rear defogger, chances are its not a button - but just an indicator of whether the airbag is activated or not. (This is the case where there is no manual switch, and the passenger seat automatically turns the airbags on when it senses X amount of weight on it).

In the less fancy implementations, there will be an airbag switch on the side of the dash (visible when the door is open).

Here's one from the Manza :

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd June 2011 at 15:08.
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:43   #187
BHPian

Quote:
RaguHolla,

If its a "button" below the rear defogger, chances are its not a button - but just an indicator of whether the airbag is activated or not. (This is the case where there is no manual switch, and the passenger seat automatically turns the airbags on when it senses X amount of weight on it).
US & Europe version have button. Its not indicator! They have passenger sensing senor, but this i believe mostly to seat belt warning rather than Airbags! Mustang can clarify here.

Apart from this most of dual airbag cars in India doesn't have weight sensing sensors to switch off passenger Airbag. Good to see Manza providing this option. IIRC even I10 & I20 have button to disable passenger airbag (I could be wrong here)! I don't see them in Vento or in ANHV, owners can confirm.
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:11   #188
BHPian

Quote:
US & Europe version have button. Its not indicator! They have passenger sensing senor, but this i believe mostly to seat belt warning rather than Airbags! Mustang can clarify here.

Apart from this most of dual airbag cars in India doesn't have weight sensing sensors to switch off passenger Airbag. Good to see Manza providing this option. IIRC even I10 & I20 have button to disable passenger airbag (I could be wrong here)! I don't see them in Vento or in ANHV, owners can confirm.
Nope, I20 does not have a button to switch off the passenger airbags. Like Rehaan said, you have to open the passenger door and then manually, using the key, turn it to off position.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:39   #189
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
14" steel rim for spare, so if I have a flat, I am virtually killing the car if I have to drive for a distance before I can get the flat fixed.
Not really. As long as the overall diameters of the tyres are the same its not a big issue. This is not one of those mini-space-saver spares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
Can the rear passangers open the door with the door latch/handle without having to engage any lock/unlock switch
Just to be clear : yes, naturally they CAN be unlocked from the door itself by pulling the handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
What about the bonnet release? which side is it positioned on?
On the driver's side, visible in the footwell picture in the "Interiors" post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
As per my assessment, the space in Linea is made and blown out of proportion. Accepted that its not as good as ANHC, however its on par with the others in the segment.
Its the awful headroom that really affects the Linea's rear seat if you're above 5'7", especially if you sit upright.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd June 2011 at 16:40.
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:50   #190
BANNED

does anyone have any info on the launch date? I called up Metro & Cauvery Ford. One dealer said it will be launched during June 2010 end, while the other said 2nd week of July.
Old 23rd June 2011, 17:05   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post
does anyone have any info on the launch date? I called up Metro & Cauvery Ford. One dealer said it will be launched during June 2010 end, while the other said 2nd week of July.
Siddutta, Second week of July 2011 is correct.
NoRules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 18:22   #192
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
The symbols marked by you from L to R are :

1. Water in Fuel warning
2. Powertrain warning
1) How exactly does it work? Benefits?
2) What is this for?
Old 23rd June 2011, 18:59   #193
dot
Senior - BHPian

Loved the review and comments. After wading though 13 pages of the topic, I am confused. Need to see the car in person and TD it. Because..

Quote:
Not everyone can pull it off as well as J-Lo. This is no doubt the biggest visual turn-off with the Fiesta.
Quote:
Folds and cuts of the kinetic styling are clearly visible in the top-down afternoon sun. A bit “fluidic” no?
From these two pictures, the car does not look very flattering.

Quote:
I’m not a big fan of using onomatopoeia to describe door-close quality, but yes, there is a definite thud there.
Quote:
From slow speed driving within the city, it seems like the suspension set-up is actually a little firmer than the Fiesta Classic, (eg. Noticeable when going over speed breakers). “ Taut” would be the best word to describe it. At mid-40 speeds on a bumpy/country tarmac road, you feel every single bump, mound and undulation quite noticeably through the suspension, though not in a bone-jarring way. There’s no aspect of this suspension set-up that feels cushioned, soft or floaty.
Typical Ford strong points. Like the Ikon and the older Fiesta. Good to know that the new car carries forward these well loved attributes.

Quote:
There is no central armrest.
What a miss. Hope the production versions include this feature.

As I had posted recently elsewhere in this forum, I would have bought the older Fiesta if had A.C.C and the center armrest. The new car has A.C.C. but one simple key feature still missing.

Quote:
The center armrest requires a really strong tug to pull open. Once it’s flipped open, the exposed hinges are an eyesore.
Aaiyo my god.

Need I say anything more.
Again, I really, really hope the production car is rectified.

Quote:
All the features and fun are up front.
Thats what it looks like. Thats why I need to check this in flesh. And thats why, I am feeling sad.

To top it all, the both the engines are 50:50

Quote:

and from what the ARAI reports of their synthetic tests
LOL!

Quote:
Light switches are rubberized,
Is that dust accumulated on the rubber? Looks dirty.

Quote:
This should clear all your doubts about how big the new Fiesta is
The most soothing picture of all. Maybe I am an incumbent lover or growing old.

Last edited by dot : 23rd June 2011 at 19:04.
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:56   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I am not sure if I really understood what you mean. T-Jet is just another variant of the Linea right? And if my understanding is correct, Fiat never had exorbitant ownership costs, and their spares are quite reasonable in comparison with other European cars.
I meant, only the T-Jet has performance in the Linea range and that comes only as a fully loaded car, hence out of reach for many enthusiasts like me. And I din't say FIAT was expensive to maintain, I just meant Fiesta spares would be cheaper with the introduction of child spares and Ford has better service centres too

And I too wish for a thorough Handling test section in our own T-bhp like you. Wish the mods are taking note of our posts boss
Old 23rd June 2011, 23:21   #195
Senior - BHPian

I'm sorry for going back in discussion and posting about design out of no where guys, but I just want to make sure if its only me or if others too feel that a prolonged bumper like in the U.S. version and a larger wheel arch in the rear, similarly sixed as the front would have made things better for the rear design.
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-ford_fiesta_05.jpg
This is the original photo taken from the review.
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-ford_fiesta_05f.jpg
The rear wheel arch is designed like its being compressed vertically, don't know the reason behind this. In the above pic, I have just copied the front wheel arch and pasted, nothing else has been changed.
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-ford_fiesta_05g.jpg
The bumper has been extended like in the U.S. version now.

I know nothing can be done about it now, but I just want to know your views on this

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks