Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2011, 15:30   #301
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
My booking receipt number is in the early '400' series. Have been told the delivery is expected by 4th week of July.
which version is this and whats the on road price please?
Old 1st July 2011, 16:05   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the input. I would stick with the silver (called moondust silver in my Ikon). Seems to be a more dignified option. Opinion may vary from person to person though.
My favorite color is Black. When I struck a fantastic used car deal, I don't have a choice in that car color, which is silver. But after using it for close to 2 yrs, I will think twice before opting for black again (Iam lazy to clean the car). Silver does not look bad even if you do not clean it for 4-5 days

BTW, this is my third query on this thread...Is FIGO red color an option in NFS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
Have the bookings opened? Is that number official? What was the booking amount and that must be the dealer priority. Thanks. I'm also eagerly waiting for the launch.
Dealers have started to take bookings for NFS. It was mentioned earlier in this thread that these booking were not under the instructions from FORD..dealers are taking it on their own & will enjoy the CASH till things gets official.

From the dealer point of view, that number is official. Mine is FE115 & this is 115 includes the classic bookings too. As far as the NFS sedan is concerned, my booking is at No.7. Hope to get it delivered in the first lot.

Edit: I paid an advance of Rs.50k

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post
@sugeetha

what was pricing info given during booking ?
will be more expensive than say the Honda city and /or new verna ?
Looks like Ford will price this car aggressively (figo way)..hence it has to undercut both Verna and Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
which version is this and whats the on road price please?
Variant and prices are yet to be announced by Ford

Last edited by Surprise : 1st July 2011 at 16:10.
Old 1st July 2011, 16:05   #303
Senior - BHPian

What a review! Bang on! The reviews in Team-bhp are simply the best. Never biased!
Ford has got the product right, but it just needs to market it well. Unlike the Figo which sold more or less due to its very competitve price, the new fiesta is up against India no 2 Hyundai and auto giant VW. Talk about price, features, and even spare part costs! One my friends booked a new verna and I asked him to TD the new fiesta, but he refused stating that Hyundai is a safer bet in terms of servicing and spare part costs. I think ford needs to pull these customers. Enthusiasts are not good enough to make up the numbers. You need to convert non-petrol heads to potential fiesta buyers too.
Old 1st July 2011, 17:03   #304
BHPian

@ghodlur; other colour options besides silver and blue are black, white, squeeze (green), morello (maroon cherry), beige. The blue is different from the Aquarius Blue. I have booked the diesel top end variant. Not taken a TD. Took a TD of the new Verna though.

@vb-san; the silver colour looks serene and dignified. Minor scratches don't look too ugly, as they would in a dark shade. I drive in the hills and always prefer a light shade for visibility reasons.

@siddutta; the pricing is under INR 10 lacs (tentative). It will be cheaper than Vento / Verna in similar variants. Honda City does not have a diesel version, so cannot compare.

@Sumathindra; Don't know what it will be finally called, I think it is the Titanium diesel version, priced within INR 10 lacs.

@optimist; the booking receipt is official. They (dealer) have taken INR 50000 as booking advance.
Old 1st July 2011, 18:39   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My booking receipt number is in the early '400' series. Have been told the delivery is expected by 4th week of July.
From your signature I understand that you have owned the Fiesta MK5 and MK6. Now you have booked the MK7! Quite a fan of the Fiesta I should say

You should probably have a thread started on the experiences with the 3 iterations!

As a petrolhead I found the Indian MK7 to be a disappointment;the Focus should be the ideal upgrade (I hope) if one wants to stick to Fords.
Old 1st July 2011, 21:56   #306
BANNED

The company had targeted starting price of around 7 lacs for petrol and 8 lacs for diesel, both ex showroom delhi. This was a 6 month old info that I just discovered. Let's see if the company can stick to it.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2011, 22:06   #307
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
The company had targeted starting price of around 7 lacs for petrol and 8 lacs for diesel, both ex showroom delhi. This was a 6 month old info that I just discovered. Let's see if the company can stick to it.
Ah Mustang is back! That’s pretty competitive pricing IMO. 6 months info is not that old. Even if you consider a lakh's difference between the two variants in each, it can be like 8 lakhs and 9 lakhs ex-showroom for petrol and diesel respectively. Hope this turns into reality.
Old 1st July 2011, 22:13   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info Mustang.101. I heard there will 4 variants each in Petrol and Diesel. Is that true? When can we expect the official launch with price and trim details and when do they plan to start the deliveries?
Old 1st July 2011, 23:00   #309
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28

Thanks for the info Mustang.101. I heard there will 4 variants each in Petrol and Diesel. Is that true? When can we expect the official launch with price and trim details and when do they plan to start the deliveries?
Even I am not quite sure about any of this stuff. But official launch is not far, anytime within the next 2 weeks
Old 2nd July 2011, 01:00   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unless the costs have gone up in a big way, Ford has only got reason to keep slimmer margins and price it lower, given the welcome Verna has got.

@Mustang, any idea if those prices were with safety features (ABS+Air Bags), which I presume even the base model of NF is to get?

With safety features, it would mean very competitive pricing.
Old 2nd July 2011, 01:59   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Unless the costs have gone up in a big way, Ford has only got reason to keep slimmer margins and price it lower, given the welcome Verna has got.

@Mustang, any idea if those prices were with safety features (ABS+Air Bags), which I presume even the base model of NF is to get?

With safety features, it would mean very competitive pricing.
Yes of course, the new Fiesta as we all know now, would come with safety features standard! So the base price would include that. This I think is a huge advantage over the similarly priced but smaller engined and also lesser equipped Vernas.
Old 2nd July 2011, 02:06   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Yes of course, the new Fiesta as we all know now, would come with safety features standard! So the base price would include that. This I think is a huge advantage over the similarly priced but smaller engined and also lesser equipped Vernas.
My thought while asking that question was that, since the prices were 6 month old targets, they may have been for a variant which was without safety features; and that variant may not have be planned for launch anymore.
Old 2nd July 2011, 02:16   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My thought while asking that question was that, since the prices were 6 month old targets, they may have been for a variant which was without safety features; and that variant may not have be planned for launch anymore.
Oh now I get your thought right boss! And yes you could be right too. But I sincerely hope you're proved wrong too And considering the VFM game they learnt with the Figo, Its very much likely that they would have targeted that price for the ABS+Airbags equipped model.
Old 2nd July 2011, 02:21   #314
Senior - BHPian

Someone at the ford dealership here in Bangalore has told me that they have already got 1 car. Its sitting in their yard
Old 2nd July 2011, 08:48   #315
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Oh now I get your thought right boss! And yes you could be right too. But I sincerely hope you're proved wrong too And considering the VFM game they learnt with the Figo, Its very much likely that they would have targeted that price for the ABS+Airbags equipped model.
Refer to the safety section in the below link:
All-new Fiesta: Powerful car, classy looks, engaging experience | Driving Ford

This is quite recent one, it says that Airbags/ABS are standard across all variants.

Last edited by vb-saan : 2nd July 2011 at 08:48. Reason: Alignment

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks