Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2011, 15:44   #406
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

I still feel that cruise control will be fully useable only without automatic transmission.

Anyone has an idea what is the minimum speed that works for the cruise control and what is the minimum gear? e.g., can I set it to 20kmph in 2nd gear?
Old 10th July 2011, 16:11   #407
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravindpn
Had been to Metro Ford. Power of petrol is 81ps.

Car looks good and even seats. Doesnt look so bad from rear profile. The sale executive gave a vague idea on price but i beleive its his wildest guess and I dont feel it worth putting in such splendid forum. Now wait till 14th..

Can you pls PM me that vague idea. Power of petrol is 109 bhp right?

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 10th July 2011 at 16:16.
Old 10th July 2011, 16:22   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravindpn View Post
Had been to Metro Ford. Power of petrol is 81ps.
Hey it is 81 kw and 109 PS

The car looks stunning in flesh. It is certainly not small and doesn't look small. Very sturdy. The front looks gorgeous! I got a cramped feeling when I sat inside though. The driver side power window switches are a pain to operate for long armed people. They are awkwardly placed. Hated the rear door plastics.
Would have loved a soft touch dash like in Laura.

The front seats are very very comfortable. People with a bigger built might be a little uncomfortable though.
Also, the rear seats are very comfortable. They are not low like the Verna or hard like the Laura. Just perfect. Rear legroom felt sufficient.

Rest everything felt solid and well put up.
The car sure has some presence!
Why not a more powerful motor Ford?
Overall, a thumbs up from me.

Here is the brochure. The Titanium variant makes most sense for me.
The interior personalization package is a good option. It is available in Plum and Blue.

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-20110710_002.jpg

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-20110710_010.jpg

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-20110710_005.jpg

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-20110710_007.jpg

Last edited by driveanddrive : 10th July 2011 at 16:27.
driveanddrive is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th July 2011, 16:37   #409
BHPian

Yup my bad. Its 81kw and 109 ps. Thank you for the correction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
Hey it is 81 kw and 109 PS

The car looks stunning in flesh. It is certainly not small and doesn't look small. Very sturdy. The front looks gorgeous! I got a cramped feeling when I sat inside though. The driver side power window switches are a pain to operate for long armed people. They are awkwardly placed. Hated the rear door plastics.
Would have loved a soft touch dash like in Laura.

The front seats are very very comfortable. People with a bigger built might be a little uncomfortable though.
Also, the rear seats are very comfortable. They are not low like the Verna or hard like the Laura. Just perfect. Rear legroom felt sufficient.

Rest everything felt solid and well put up.
The car sure has some presence!
Why not a more powerful motor Ford?
Overall, a thumbs up from me.

Here is the brochure. The Titanium variant makes most sense for me.
The interior personalization package is a good option. It is available in Plum and Blue.

Attachment 575298

Attachment 575299

Attachment 575300

Attachment 575301
Old 10th July 2011, 17:35   #410
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjojo08 View Post
New fiesta is more wider and taller than ANHV. Verna is more lengthier than new fiesta.
Taller I agree, but wider is not easy to digest. I believe it is because of the ORVMs protruding more in the fiesta. The width definitely doesn't show in the rear seat.
Old 10th July 2011, 17:39   #411
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Anyone has an idea what is the minimum speed that works for the cruise control and what is the minimum gear? e.g., can I set it to 20kmph in 2nd gear?
Don't know about the gears but you can set it from 30 km/hr (so definitely not 4th or 5th) and there is no upper limit (as told by the SA).
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2011, 17:40   #412
Senior - BHPian

I went and saw the car in person today at Defence Colony. Its a fantastic design, very edgy and youthful. I dont think its going to appeal to the family buyer at all. The Interiors feel cramped but look sporty, the Vernas feel more luxurious in comparison. The Steering was horrid to hold (not rubbery and ribbed to enhance grip) and the much talked about voice control feature takes too long to respond, id much rather press on the damn button to operate the ac or sound system which is right there !!
Overall, this is the car for the people under 35, i really doubt people above that age group will find it interesting.
Old 10th July 2011, 18:02   #413
BHPian

Went to SC Ford at Goregaon / Malad today and these are my impressions:

a. The small from the front view looks smaller - is it in terms of width of the car - probably yes.
b. Looks (while being subjective) is very good and will have a road presence.
c. It is "Driver" car. The driver seat is ultra comfortable and kind of "hugs" and bolsters the driver.
d. Importantly, it gives a fantastic view in front - though a TD would tell us as to how is the rear view.
e. Neat fit and finish overall.
f. The dash board is good. The driver's knee does not hit the dash board (unlike i20) when the driver get out.
g. Even the shorter varieties amongst us (that includes me) get a good view of the front without height adjustment. The car that was on display was the Titanium one.
h. Airbag and ABS standard alongwith EPS. In addition, one of the sales guys was mentioning "Anti Pull Drift Compensator" which is also a standard. Sales guy mentioned that where the wind forces become very strong, this item keeps the car straight rather than being pushed around by the wind forces. @ Mustang.101: Please clarify this point.
i. Alloys are not just for the top variant - it is also an option for other variants.
j. Excellent to feel steering
k. Dead pedal and easily accessible gear / clutch / accelerator.
l. Uses Boron Steel (apparently this one is used in Audi). Again, Mustang.101 could confirm this. For more information: (a) Boron Steel and (b) Alloy steel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
m. Lack of rear room. When the front seat is pushed even 75% back, the rear seater is going to have problem in terms of knee space.
n. Rear seating: only 2 adults can sit properly. 3rd person has to squeeze in. Usage of space at the back is not at all optimal. Looks like this car was designed as a coupe but the coupe got back row seats. That is a major downside.
o. If the car is booked now, delivery in about 20 days time (give or take few days' time).
p. I understand from couple of sales persons that the prices would be competitive (read: lesser than 'Fluidic' Verna). This would mean that Honda for its City and probably Jazz would have to really pull all stops. If Vento alone can do some damage to City's sales, a combination of Verna and New Fiesta which are better loaded than City - Honda has to act.
q. As mentioned in the Official TD, the concept of Child Parts is being deployed which would bring down the TCO.
r. The SA also mentioned that the bumpers / fenders in the rear and front - both are retractable - which means that in the event of a fender bender, the fender would revert back to its original shape.

Sorry no photos. I believe the offical TD has got a good number of photos and in addition, the photos would have been at the Dealership and with too many people crowding in, with a humble phone camera it would have been difficult.

Last edited by aaren : 10th July 2011 at 18:30. Reason: Few more bullet points and correcting another point
Old 10th July 2011, 18:42   #414
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo

Taller I agree, but wider is not easy to digest. I believe it is because of the ORVMs protruding more in the fiesta. The width definitely doesn't show in the rear seat.
The width given is with ORVMs completely folded
Old 10th July 2011, 18:50   #415
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the Fiesta at Metro Ford, Bangalore today and also a blue one is on display at Garuda Mall. The front seats are just awesome. Ditto the instrument cluster. Overall good job done by Ford on the detailing and stuffs.
Old 10th July 2011, 23:21   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
Is there a Red color shade available? The brochure doesn't shows one.

Lack of Red shade would be a major disappointment. The one in Figo and/or Fiesta Classic would have provided more options to potential buyers.

And it is really hard to imagine a fluorescent green (squeeze) color car in this segment.

JK
Old 11th July 2011, 08:09   #417
BHPian

Some corrections that I would like to make to my earlier note: @ Mods: If it is possible to incorporate with my original note,please do so. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
Went to SC Ford at Goregaon / Malad today and these are my impressions:

a. The small from the front view looks smaller - is it in terms of width of the car - probably yes.

h. Airbag and ABS standard alongwith EPS. In addition, one of the sales guys was mentioning "Anti Pull Drift Compensator" which is also a standard. Sales guy mentioned that where the wind forces become very strong, this item keeps the car straight rather than being pushed around by the wind forces. @ Mustang.101: Please clarify this point.
i. Alloys are not just for the top variant - it is also an option for other variants.

l. Uses Boron Steel (apparently this one is used in Audi). Again, Mustang.101 could confirm this. For more information: (a) Boron Steel and (b) Alloy steel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
a. Amending 1st point that should read as: The vehicle from the front view looks smaller - is it in terms of width of the car - probably yes. (This in when compared with the brochures and the images of the car floating around.
b. Anti Pull Drift Compensator: This is something Rehaan has detailed in his Official TD, which I missed till I read it today morning.
c. I guess anyone who wants to have alloy wheels can go for it - not an USP.
d. Regarding Boron Steel, again Rehaan has made more than a mention of it, which again I had missed. In fact I had skimmed through the offical review () and hence repeated couple of aspects that I need not have mentioned.
Old 11th July 2011, 08:52   #418
BHPian

As per the broucher, difference betweem Titanimum and Titanium+ is only
1. Cruise control
2. Rear sensors

Very strange - just for 2 features, they created a new variant.
Old 11th July 2011, 09:02   #419
BHPian

The GC was not mentioned in the brochure. Or did I miss it? Can someone please give the info about ground clearance.
Old 11th July 2011, 09:15   #420
BHPian

Hello All !

Went to the pre-launch of Fiesta yesterday at Bhagat Ford Dehradun. Here are some pics of the car and the function. I'll write my observations in my next post... but one thing that I must say is that the car looks awesome in flesh... much better than in pics ! Even the rear looked good to me and my family.

And I became the first person in Dehradun to book the New Fiesta (Titanium)
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-dsc04525.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-dsc04530.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-dsc04533.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-dsc04539.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-dsc04544.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-dsc04547.jpg  

rock22 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed