Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2011, 13:11   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
Hello All !

Went to the pre-launch of Fiesta yesterday at Bhagat Ford Dehradun. Here are some pics of the car and the function. I'll write my observations in my next post... but one thing that I must say is that the car looks awesome in flesh... much better than in pics ! Even the rear looked good to me and my family.

And I became the first person in Dehradun to book the New Fiesta (Titanium)
+
Nice photographs. And congratualtions on booking the New Fiesta.
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 13:32   #437
BHPian

Finally a car that looks exciting. I always felt that even though the Vento was a good car, it had absolutely no gizmos and that was a letdown. The verna is, IMO, a 50k-100k too expensive. Hopefully the fiesta would be priced keeping that in mind.
Old 11th July 2011, 13:41   #438
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now to your queries
1. The car in pictures is moondust silver (and the colour we have booked). We wanted a lighter shade, and there is not much choice... but the actual car in silver looked stunning
2. Discussed with the manager about the customization options mentioned in the brochure... I'm esp. interested in blue option leather seat covers, scuff plates and sporty air drum. They were not sure about the availability right away, but assured they will try to get these asap.

Delivery has been promised by the 1st week of August (in the 1st lot)
Thanks Rock for the response. The silver shade looks quite awesome on the new Fiesta. It lends certain calm look to the otherwise aggressive looking car. I personally liked this shade in comparison with the now-popular blue

If possible, can you please detail the customization options? Is it only confined to the colour trims like blue / plum? And you mentioned blue option leather seat covers. Are these proper leather seats, or leatherette seat covers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
The steering is the highlight in my opinion since it's got a very sporty feel and add a lot to the overall cabin character
Isn’t that a Ford trademark?
Old 11th July 2011, 13:43   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
Can someone please explain what exactly is a "sport air drum" ?
^^^ Sporty air dam it should have been
Old 11th July 2011, 14:12   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Whatever be that Sporty Air Drum, but it surely looks good on the Fiesta. If not very espensive, its good to have that. Also the driver seat arm-rest is provided as an option
Old 11th July 2011, 15:10   #441
BHPian

I had the chance to preview the new Fiesta car at Metro Ford on St.Marks Road , Bangalore. I was really impressed with the new look of the Fiesta. The front passenger seats were also very comfortable. The rear seats were a big disappointment though. The seat is not very comfortable. Also, looks cheap for such a high end car. Its like a wooden bench placed out there. Hope Ford does something about the quality of the rear seat. The rear leg room is cramped. After I had adjusted the driver's seat to my comfort, I tried the rear and was very uncomfortable.

As with the sales folks, they looked confused. While one claimed it was the titanium+ variant which was on display the other claimed it was a titanium variant on display :-) The sales guy with whom I spoke to claimed that the diesel variant would give a mileage of 18kms in Bangalore city traffic conditions and with the A/c on. Pricing details were not available. Would be revealed only on the 14th July, is what I was told.

On the whole, I would say it is good for two people and not really sure about this being a family car.

Last edited by mshooli : 11th July 2011 at 15:10. Reason: typo error
mshooli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 15:10   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Congratulations rock22. Silver was my choice too. Nice sedate colour.

The customisation options look cool. Hope they are not expensive.

My car has also been promised in the last week of July / 1st week of August, subject to my being in town.

Any mention on the price difference between Titanium and Titanium+ ?

Could not attend the launch on account of my son's birthday. BTW, Dehradun is my hometown, so good to see someone from the area on the Forum.
Thanks Sugeeta ! And congrats to you as well for booking your Fiesta... I gather you have also booked it in silver colour.

Regarding Titanium and Titanium+ price difference, they were not sure. In fact they were still unsure whether the titanium+ would finally be launched or not. So lets wait for 14th for the mystery to be solved !

And congrats for your son's birthday too! btw, whenever you are visitng Dehradun, do drop in - two bhpians discussing their fiestas would be fun
rock22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 15:12   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
The deliveries would begin in August only, and initially there could be a waiting period for 1.5-2 months for all variants and both engines. TD car will be available by 20th July.
TD only by 20th July 2011 :(

Looks like Ford is intentionally slowing down things..WHY?

Quote:
Delivery has been promised by the 1st week of August (in the 1st lot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
My car has also been promised in the last week of July / 1st week of August, subject to my being in town.
Will it take 2-3 weeks for deliveries of new cars from the date of launch/announcing the prices & variants?
Old 11th July 2011, 15:38   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post

Air Dam, Air Drum, whatever, it does look nice, just saw the picture in the brochure uploaded by someone in this thread!

I guess this is basically a spoiler under the leading edge of the car then?
Old 11th July 2011, 15:52   #445
BHPian

I went through this thread but couldn't find any mention about the price. Has the price been revealed as well or will it be announced on 14th July only?
Old 11th July 2011, 16:44   #446
Senior - BHPian

The 10th July preview was only for special folks who had registered through Ford website & they received the personal invite. The 14th July lauch is for for the general public when the prices would be announced. So as of now the prices of NFS is a well guarded secret. Hang on till the 14th.
Old 11th July 2011, 16:55   #447
BHPian

[quote=harishpr;2425219][*]The rear is cramped... Two 6 feet tall adults (one occupying driver seat, and one the rear side will find it too tough to manage). Im 6 feet tall myself, when I pushed the driver seat all the way to back, I had to struggle to get in the rear seat..
/QUOTE]
Good to know that other bhpians also faced the legroom issue. I somehow got struck in the back seat at 6'2". I wish ford would have taken care of this considering it to be their premium C segment car.
Old 11th July 2011, 17:01   #448
BHPian

Has anybody noticed the spare wheel size in new Fiesta. The Titanium+ model on display at Kairali Ford Trivandrum had alloys and tyre size of 195/60-15. But the spare wheel was 175/65-14 on standard rim. Isnt this a big difference?

Last edited by Prass : 11th July 2011 at 17:09.
Old 11th July 2011, 17:18   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prass View Post
Has anybody noticed the spare wheel size in new Fiesta. The Titanium+ model on display at Kairali Ford Trivandrum had alloys and tyre size of 195/60-15. But the spare wheel was 175/65-14 on standard rim. Isnt this a big difference?
WHAT??? Thats weird! Its not just a narrower tire, but even the wheel+tire diameter is less than the other 4 wheels. I don't think this is the profile they'll give in reality. That one you saw may just be a placeholder perhaps. The general trend is to give 195 patch tires, but with taller sidewalls, on 14" wheels. 175/65xR14 is what comes with Figo / Vista. It would be too small compared to the R15s on other 3 wheels.
Old 11th July 2011, 17:31   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Congrats on your booking!! You booked the Petrol or the Desiel? Titanium or Titanium+? According to the sales manager, what will be the approx price of your variant?
Thanks for your wishes !

I have booked titanium variant in petrol... petrol because my driving shall be mainly in city, and not exceeding 600-700 km per month. I only hope petrol will prove to be ok for my requirements and would not feel grossly underpowered...

I have been told an approx. price of around 8 lacs (ex-showroom)... lets see what comes out on 14th !

Most Viewed