Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2011, 18:52   #1246

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Note from Mod : You have already posted your story in another thread. But posting it again and again on various threads is NOT permitted. In fact, we will count it as SPAM. Please do NOT needlessly spam across various threads with the exact same post.

Last edited by GTO : 31st October 2011 at 14:44.
Zaira D Gomes is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd November 2011, 19:24   #1247
Distinguished - BHPian

Hormazd [ACI] reports that Fiesta Auto will be launched this month. The tweet is as follows
Quote:
Fiesta auto coming this month. Twin-clutch gearbox is first in class. Gr8 for fuel efficiency but will it be as smooth as torque converter?
Old 3rd November 2011, 21:31   #1248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Hormazd [ACI] reports that Fiesta Auto will be launched this month. The tweet is as follows
Wonder how much the AT version will be priced. The manual sales is almost dud within 6 months of launch. If the car is priced around 80K t0 100K more than the Manual then the pricing moves up into the upper segments. Ford has its task cut out with the pricing.
Old 4th November 2011, 21:26   #1249
BHPian

Walked into Metro ford today. I quizzed the sales guy on how he would convince a potential ANHC or ANHV buyer to even consider the NFS given its pricing which works out almost a Rs 90,000 extra rupees than the City & Verna in Bangalore for each variants on road price. He went blank. He said Ford offers "Cruise Control and the Voice activated" features in the Titanium + which is unique in this segment. So then i again said not enough for a new buyer to consider the ford.

He finally confided that for the Petrol variants only they would be willing to offer discounts as much as Rs 80,000 off. On further probing he admitted from the past 2 months nobody bothered to ask about the petrol fiesta.
Old 4th November 2011, 23:13   #1250
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5
Walked into Metro ford today. I quizzed the sales guy on how he would convince a potential ANHC or ANHV buyer to even consider the NFS given its pricing which works out almost a Rs 90,000 extra rupees than the City & Verna in Bangalore for each variants on road price. He went blank. He said Ford offers "Cruise Control and the Voice activated" features in the Titanium + which is unique in this segment. So then i again said not enough for a new buyer to consider the ford.

He finally confided that for the Petrol variants only they would be willing to offer discounts as much as Rs 80,000 off. On further probing he admitted from the past 2 months nobody bothered to ask about the petrol fiesta.
Nobody offered to ask for the petrol fiesta for the last 2 months? I was at metro ford in the third week of october, i saw 5 new petrol fiestas being delivered. So whatever he told you is obviously wrong.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2011, 23:55   #1251
Senior - BHPian

I recently walked into MPL Ford showroom at Nandanam, Chennai. And I asked for the Fiesta. I was assigned an SA immediately and he came to me with the brochure and price list for the Fiesta Classic. They didn't even bother to ask me whether I am looking for New Fiesta or Fiesta Classic. When I asked about it, the SA's reply was "Sir, the new Fiesta is priced high and we get rare enquiry for that vehicle".

I think even the Ford dealers are not willing to sell the new Fiesta or they are not able to defend the vehicle.
Old 5th November 2011, 00:12   #1252
Senior - BHPian

I really hope someone from Ford India is reading this. Fiesta has a lot going for it, what it needs a price correction and some minor changes like the horrid metal angle at the back seat. Maybe the launch of AT at the price point of existing Titanium+ and drop of existing variants by 70-80k.
Old 5th November 2011, 15:45   #1253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Nobody offered to ask for the petrol fiesta for the last 2 months? I was at metro ford in the third week of october, i saw 5 new petrol fiestas being delivered. So whatever he told you is obviously wrong.
Two questions.

1. Do the company allot some number of cars to each dealer every month irrespective of the demand or only as per the bookings with the dealer? I read somewhere that the dealers HAVE to buy some number of cars from the company & if they are not able to sell it, that's when the dealer discounts come in. Please clarify this point.

2. Have you heard of any price corrections coming soon? How is the general feel in the company / management on the poor sales?
Old 5th November 2011, 19:05   #1254
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

Two questions.

1. Do the company allot some number of cars to each dealer every month irrespective of the demand or only as per the bookings with the dealer? I read somewhere that the dealers HAVE to buy some number of cars from the company & if they are not able to sell it, that's when the dealer discounts come in. Please clarify this point.

2. Have you heard of any price corrections coming soon? How is the general feel in the company / management on the poor sales?
1. You are correct, there is a min amount of cars that a dealer has to buy.
2. The situation is quite ok as the fiesta was not expected to be a hot seller. Its a premium offering and hence the price is also premium. I dont think there will bE a price correction except for offers like free insurance etc.
Mustang.101 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 16:08   #1255
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar drives the new Ford Fiesta 6-speed dual clutch Powershift AT -

Ford Fiesta auto test drive, review - News - Autocar India

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-fiesta4.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th November 2011 at 16:18.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 16:49   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Finally- a slush box from the blue oval! hurrah! I was wondering when the fiesta would come with an auto box - considering the City and Verna came with the same.
I wonder how its going to be... must test drive it to check!
Thanks @RavenAvi
Old 7th November 2011, 18:24   #1257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
Finally- a slush box from the blue oval!
BTW this is no slush-box. This is a dual clutch automatic similar to the DSG of the VW group
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 20:19   #1258
BHPian

BTW The picture of the Fiesta AT on the autocar website shows the car in a shade of red/maroon. Looks like they could be launching it in a new colour option too!
Old 7th November 2011, 20:36   #1259
Senior - BHPian

The A/T transmission is only for the petrol variant or for the diesel as well?
Old 7th November 2011, 20:59   #1260
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post

The answer is simple. He should have offered you a test drive. The amazing drive and handling of the car would more than answer your question as it is leagues ahead of Fluidic Verna and much better than the City.

80K is news to me. Hope Ford starts to give some discounts on the oil burner too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks