Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2011, 10:45   #301
BANNED

Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

Thanks a lot amalji,
I am glad to know where the delay has occured , and sad to know how hardly i got any luck

If you can answer the following questions it will give all other members an insight on the matter.
Firstly how did you get the information the Etios factory is closed and from when it has been closed for periodic maintanence?
Secondly When does it re-open?

I am very excited to get my first car and this waiting is killing me inside.
Old 24th October 2011, 17:17   #302
BHPian

We are looking for a car for my sister and though I was a bit skeptical (I was pushing for a Punto as I would get to drive it on weekends!), she insisted we at least take a test drive of the Liva. Some of my observations:
1. Felt instantly at home, as GTO rightly said, the Japanese do know a thing or two about ergonomics.
2. The pickup from very low speeds was quite good actually, my regular ride is a M800 5sp, so I was pleasantly surprised here too.
3. The ride was very good, could handle some medium sized potholes without getting ruffled at all. Though I didn't get a chance to test handling that much, the car handled a U turn taken at speed with minimal roll.
4. AC and music system seemed ok as well.
5. The plastics though not 'upmarket' felt well screwed together, and very surprisingly not bad at all. Even the red inserts on the VX did not seem gaudy/ garish.
6. Excellent brakes, stayed true under hard braking with no fuss or drama at all.
7. Will not comment much on the NVH, but with the audio on, its not intrusive.

I walked away with a feeling that all in all Toyota has put out a thoroughly engineered car in the Indian market.
Volt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 23:57   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Replies in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Sad to hear that. I know that the Etios factory is now closed for periodic maintenance. So, your car should be shipped as soon as the factory re-opens. Not sure what else you can do to speed this up though.
Yes, its true that the factory is closed for expansion activities and Diwali vacation. Plant 1 will undergo periodic maintenance. Expect delays in delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilmonkey View Post
Thanks a lot amalji,
I am glad to know where the delay has occured , and sad to know how hardly i got any luck

If you can answer the following questions it will give all other members an insight on the matter.
Firstly how did you get the information the Etios factory is closed and from when it has been closed for periodic maintanence?
Secondly When does it re-open?

I am very excited to get my first car and this waiting is killing me inside.
The plant is closed from the 22nd of October to 31st of October. Congrats on the new car buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
We are looking for a car for my sister and though I was a bit skeptical (I was pushing for a Punto as I would get to drive it on weekends!), she insisted we at least take a test drive of the Liva. Some of my observations:
1. Felt instantly at home, as GTO rightly said, the Japanese do know a thing or two about ergonomics.
2. The pickup from very low speeds was quite good actually, my regular ride is a M800 5sp, so I was pleasantly surprised here too.
3. The ride was very good, could handle some medium sized potholes without getting ruffled at all. Though I didn't get a chance to test handling that much, the car handled a U turn taken at speed with minimal roll.
4. AC and music system seemed ok as well.
5. The plastics though not 'upmarket' felt well screwed together, and very surprisingly not bad at all. Even the red inserts on the VX did not seem gaudy/ garish.
6. Excellent brakes, stayed true under hard braking with no fuss or drama at all.
7. Will not comment much on the NVH, but with the audio on, its not intrusive.

I walked away with a feeling that all in all Toyota has put out a thoroughly engineered car in the Indian market.
Guys,

Got my Liva G - SP delivered today evening. Will put up a new ownership thread will all the details. For now a couple of pics.

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-2.jpg

Excuse me for the poor quality pics, it started to drizzle when I started clicking pics from my Phone. Will click a couple of snaps tomorrow morning and will post.
nkrishnap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 07:23   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Initial Ownership Review is under production planning.

Adding some more photos.

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-img_4790.jpg

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-img_4792.jpg

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-img_4795.jpg

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-img_4798.jpg

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-img_4802.jpg

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-img_4803.jpg

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-img_4804.jpg
Old 25th October 2011, 12:23   #305
BANNED

Thank you nkrishnap for your help.
Congrats to you too for your new car.
Can you let me know how you came to know the details of the plant closed for maintenance.I am asking so that I can keep track of all the events.
As I had mailed Toyota about the Delay in delivery haven't got any response from them but got a call from the Sales Manager of the Dealer asking me if I wanted a different colour .I denied and asked him to get what I had ordered for a White Liva G-SP.
The reason he gave me was there is an issue with the Paint Booth because of some robotic problem.He also said that Innova also are not being delivered.I don't know if all this is true or not.
All along I knew the plant has been closed for periodic maintenance as informed to me earlier by amalji.
He has said he will try and deliver the car by 8-9 Nov by that time i guess i will wait and take on from there.
Old 25th October 2011, 22:12   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you nkrishnap for your help.
Congrats to you too for your new car.
Can you let me know how you came to know the details of the plant closed for maintenance.I am asking so that I can keep track of all the events.
As I had mailed Toyota about the Delay in delivery haven't got any response from them but got a call from the Sales Manager of the Dealer asking me if I wanted a different colour .I denied and asked him to get what I had ordered for a White Liva G-SP.
The reason he gave me was there is an issue with the Paint Booth because of some robotic problem.He also said that Innova also are not being delivered.I don't know if all this is true or not.
All along I knew the plant has been closed for periodic maintenance as informed to me earlier by amalji.
He has said he will try and deliver the car by 8-9 Nov by that time i guess i will wait and take on from there.
Whatever the reasons given are a little hard to digest. Please note Innova is manufactured at the plant 1 and Etios/Liva are manufactured at Plant 2. Also note that since the expansion of the capacity is happening, the paint booth also needs under changes (related to robots).

Please note, I have very close aide who keeps me updated on the proceedings on a regular basis.

What all is your dealer promising you for free on the accessories front?
Old 26th October 2011, 14:08   #307
BANNED

Accessories - Mud Flaps , Floor Mats , Front-Rear Bumper prtector + Side Door protector , and the Door sils to prevent rain water drip in.
I cannot say these are free but they are included in the car price. these cost 7K approx.

No free accessories. Ones which are offered are included in the car price.They cost 7K approx.Such as Floor Mats,Mud Flaps, Bumper protectors etc.
Can you please guide me through the process how should I get my car delivered.How many more days it will take?
It will be a month from the final payment I made and it seems it might take longer.It will be very helpfull if you can take me through the process.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 26th October 2011, 22:22   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Please see my reply in bold

Quote:
Accessories - Mud Flaps , Floor Mats , Front-Rear Bumper prtector + Side Door protector , and the Door sils to prevent rain water drip in.
I cannot say these are free but they are included in the car price. these cost 7K approx.

These accessories are no way included in the price. Even the mud flaps and the mats are chargeable.

Here is the prices in Bangalore for the accessories that you have mentioned

1) Mud flaps - Rs. 600
2) Floor Mats (Rubber) - Rs. 690
3) Bumper Protector - Rs. 600
4) Side visors (door) - Rs. 1750
5) Side door protectors - Rs 2190
6) Door Sill Non Illuminated (not at the dealer) - Rs 1200
7) Door Sill Illuminated at the dealer - Rs 4180

No free accessories. Ones which are offered are included in the car price.They cost 7K approx.Such as Floor Mats,Mud Flaps, Bumper protectors etc.
Can you please guide me through the process how should I get my car delivered.How many more days it will take?
It will be a month from the final payment I made and it seems it might take longer.It will be very helpfull if you can take me through the process.

Thanks for all your help.
Drop an email to voc@toyota-kirloskar.co.in mentioning the date of booking and the unexpected delay. Request them to expedite it asap since the payment is already made. Things should move faster. Do not complain, just a polite inquiry on the delay is sufficient, the dealer himself will call and update you. I tried this and it worked.

Do drop me a pm, we can talk over phone.

No problems, we are all here to help each other.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 26th October 2011 at 22:23.
Old 27th October 2011, 09:55   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

Here we go with the link to the Ownership thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ilion-red.html

Any specific questions, please post on the ownership thread.
Old 3rd November 2011, 13:48   #310
BHPian

The sales person (Lanson-Pallikarnai) convinced me to go for a under body coating for my Liva-G on my first 1month free service day. It looks like a Tar coating from outside. He claims that it is useful if the car is close to sea. As my residence is close to sea, I accepted to go for the coating. Costed me around 2500. The first service is nothing but a cleaning inside and outside.
They delivered car to my home after the service
Old 4th February 2012, 19:33   #311
BHPian

Got symphony silver petrol version V model from Galaxy Toyota y'day. Absolutely fantastic ride quality over pot-holed roads leading to Dwarka. I drove intentionally over them as i wanted to replace my Santro Xing because of pathetic bones jarring ride of later. Liva has ride quality as good as my 5 year old Honda City Vtec. Dealership experience much better than Ring Road Honda (they charged even for key ring). All Liva sales staff had a picture session at delivery time and presented a small potted money plant as gift. I had such a nice experience in buying this car that even if it turned out to be a lemon, i'll again buy a Toyota.

Had option of saving 40,000 Rs. on Oct. 11 manufactured model, but i went for Jan 2012. NVH is not noticeable, antenna is foldable and dark coloured audio unit to match interiors in 2012 model.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-1b.jpg  

Last edited by DwarkaDelhiWala : 4th February 2012 at 19:43. Reason: spelling check
Old 4th February 2012, 19:57   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
Got symphony silver petrol version V model from Galaxy Toyota y'day.
Hey DDW, hearty congratulations on your new car!

Quote:
Had option of saving 40,000 Rs. on Oct. 11 manufactured model, but i went for Jan 2012.
Did you get any discount / exchange bonus / freebies? What's OTR price?

Quote:
NVH is not noticeable, antenna is foldable and dark coloured audio unit to match interiors in 2012 model.
Good to hear about NVH. Wonder if there is some improvement done. Please do post some good pics of the interiors.

Wishing you years of happy and trouble-free ownership experience.

Last edited by RadiantKarma : 4th February 2012 at 20:02.
RadiantKarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 20:05   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
Got symphony silver petrol version V model from Galaxy Toyota y'day. ,...NVH is not noticeable, antenna is foldable and dark coloured audio unit to match interiors in 2012 model.
Congrats! So is there a marked difference in interiors in addition to the stereo color? Can we have some interior pics in this thread to get a feel of it?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 21:48   #314
BHPian

Thanks RadiantKarma and Swiftnfurious. I just went out to take some pictures. Quality of same is not good but still you can get some idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-2b.jpg  

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-3b.jpg  

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-4b.jpg  

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-5.jpg  

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-6b.jpg  

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-6c.jpg  

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-7b.jpg  

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-8b.jpg  

DwarkaDelhiWala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 22:07   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
..Did you get any discount / exchange bonus / freebies? What's OTR price?
OTR was Rs.6,18,238.00.
Not a paisa discount.
Tyres were Bridgestone Turanza.
Free: perfume, water bottle, key chain.

Accessories bought from dealer:

1. Back Sensor
2. Bumper and side protector
3. Gear Lock
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-9b.jpg  

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-10b.jpg  

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-12b.jpg