Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2012, 16:16   #346
BHPian

Congratulations on your new Liva! Welcome to the Toyota Family!
Interestingly, even I was given an offer for 2011 Etios V variant - flat 1.2Lakhs discount. But i some how ended up buying the 2012 diesel Liva !
By the way, start your ownership thread! Cant wait to see more pics of your ultramarine Blue Liva!!

Looks like there are a lot of 2011 Etios and Liva petrol cars lying in the stockyard! Wonder how Toyota are going to push them!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Last edited by moralfibre : 31st July 2012 at 08:32. Reason: See note in post
Old 30th July 2012, 21:00   #347
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvk View Post
Well, till now was happy going around the new babe and completed 100km as of now. Waiting for the next weekend to come and take it out for an another good 100 km ride. Lets see how it goes. I shall surely post the updates. So until then-adios!!
Congrats on the blue miss The blue looks stunning on the Liva. Nice write up too. Happy that team-BHP could help in the buying process. You may report the 2 posts to the moderators, to move to a new ownership thread and add value to your ownership. You can take hints on adding more details on the driving experience from this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-team-bhp.html
Old 31st July 2012, 15:48   #348
Senior - BHPian

Toyota have launched the Limited Edition (1200 specimen only) of the TRD Sportivo Liva, with visual enhancements only @ Rs.5.23 Lacs (for Petrol Liva) & Rs.6.32 Lacs (for Diesel Liva). Here are the reports:

Toyota launches Etios Liva TRD Sportivo

Launched

Much like the Altis Aero model IMO.
Old 1st August 2012, 12:34   #349
Senior - BHPian

Pic of the limited edition TRD sportivo Liva launched to celebrate its 1st anniversary in India.

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-399509_501119789914142_116474742_n.jpg

SOURCE:facebook
Old 1st August 2012, 14:08   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Pic of the limited edition TRD sportivo Liva launched to celebrate its 1st anniversary in India.

SOURCE:facebook
The car engine, gearbox and the suspension there are no changes, its only cosmetic changes to make it look better (according to them).

They were running 25-30K discounts on the Petrol Liva, now they will sell this kit without the discount.
Old 1st August 2012, 17:43   #351
BHPian

Oh My God! The TRD Liva looks much better than the normal Liva.
I should have waited for 10 days, i would have surely bought this! My bad!
Old 1st August 2012, 18:12   #352
Senior - BHPian

@saadat1992, I think you can go for the Prestige accessories pack, & you would get most of these barring the gunmetal alloys, decals & probably the mudguard design will be bit different, albeit like the VX. It costs around 50K.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd August 2012 at 14:26. Reason: Bet you meant Rupees and not Pounds
Old 2nd August 2012, 21:09   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
@saadat1992, I think you can go for the Prestige accessories pack, & you would get most of these barring the gunmetal alloys, decals & probably the mudguard design will be bit different, albeit like the VX. It costs around 50K.
The Prestige pack is good! But the difference lies in the external appearance!
The Bumper, Smoked Alloys( Regular Diesel Liva doesn't come with Alloys) , Graphics, different side skirting plus, it will have the TRD badge all over it!
I heard the seats are different too. Toyota people never informed me that this version would be introduced in August or else , i would have surely waited until august.

PS: I got my Liva on July 19th
They unveiled this TRD Liva on August 1st !

Last edited by GTO : 3rd August 2012 at 14:26. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 29th August 2012, 10:19   #354
Team-BHP Support

I have observed, that even with Vent direction set to feet or to defrogger, there is air coming out of normal AC vents. Is this normal?
Or I need to get some adjustment done?
Old 29th August 2012, 14:27   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
I have observed, that even with Vent direction set to feet or to defrogger, there is air coming out of normal AC vents. Is this normal?
Or I need to get some adjustment done?
I observed something different.
The air is coming out of a gap below the glovebox (even though the glove box's cooling vent is shut)
Went to toyota and addressed this issue. They said that it was common on all Etios and Liva cars and the thing that shocked me was they even showed us a couple of cars which had come for service and all of them had leakage like mine.
Old 1st October 2012, 08:19   #356
BHPian

As I was in planning to buy a hatchback, I went to Lanson Toyota Pallikaranai to check the Liva Sportivo. It looks just great, much better than the current diesel Liva. The Gun Metal alloys and the spoilers were the show stoppers. They have embossed "TRD Sportivo" logo in the front bumper skirts and on the spoiler. It just looked great. Boy oh boy how I wish they had better interiors. I took a test drive of the normal diesel Liva as they did not have any sportivo model for TD. I wanted to take the TD in an area filled with potholes and the sales person agreed. The car feels really good even in bumpy roads and in potholes. The Engine noise is much lesser compared to the Figo that I took TD.

It is a good car but with bad interiors and absolutely no features. They do not have DTE or real time mileage calculator. If they at least had the features from the petrol variant I would have gone for the car blindfolded.
Old 1st October 2012, 11:12   #357
BHPian

@bullet-tooth- yes, the liva diesel has absolutely no features. But, no other car in its category has its efficiency! I got a whooping 24.5kmpl on the highway and i get an average of 17-18 in the city with the AC running all the time.
Old 17th March 2013, 07:49   #358
BHPian

Mods/ Reviewers- I think its time for a review of the new Liva+ Etios and check out the new features/ improvements- especially the claimed NVH and refinement improvements. When can we have one?
Old 17th March 2013, 08:52   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Mods/ Reviewers- I think its time for a review of the new Liva+ Etios and check out the new features/ improvements- especially the claimed NVH and refinement improvements. When can we have one?
It should come soon. Till then, please check out
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3062573

And later posts ( where I've posted a couple of videos comparing the NVH )
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 20:22   #360
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post

This is the comparo, I have for Figo/Liva

Figo Positives

Better NVH Control
Meter - Tacho/Fuel status
Alloy Wheels
Looks good inside

Liva Positives
Better Drivability
Better power delivery ( The Fiesta classic Felt really sluggish especially on trips to hills )
Sure slotting gears
Better Driving Position
Progressive Acceleration
Ergonomics ( The speedo was useless for me, after I used the steering tilt on Fiesta. It cut right across the speedo and rpm meter ),
the horn was so hard to press from a comfortable position while steering,
the indicators accidentally turns on, if I'm not careful while using the dim/bright button carefully,
The indicator button on the left side means you cannot turn it on while having your hand on gears.
The travel for height adjustment of the new Liva is leagues ahead.
The Figo does not have the same speedo as the Fiesta and it has never been a problem for me in the Figo.

The horn is not at all hard for me. Infact I press it with tip of my thumb. Indicator and headlight high/low beam has not been a problem for me for the last 3 years. Never have I accidentally turned on the indicators. Indicator button on the left is not a negative at all. Infact I prefer it that way compared to my Altis that has on the right. There are 2 ways to this and Ford, VW, Skoda, Mercedes, BMW, Audi prefer it on the left.

And besides you should not need to use the indicators when turning. The use of indicators is to signal before a turn.

All the points you mentioned are not at all negatives but minor differences between cars. Just because the Etios Liva does it one way and other cars do it in another it does not really make it a negative.

Seat height adjust is the only thing I agree on. The Figo has a poor adjustment.

Quote:
  1. Does Figo/Swift ( the cars which we compared give FGT ? )
  2. With an older technology, smaller FGT and bigger engine combination, Toyota provides a better torque curve shape, peak torque over an rpm range instead of on a single point, progressive acceleration and better mileage at the cost of 4% lesser torque to weight ratio. I would take that any day.
I was saying in the segment and not just between 2 cars. FGT is there in Figo and Swift but Swift has a DOHC engine 4 valve per cylinder engine. The Etios is pretty much the oldest technology similar to the Figo so Toyota is not doing anything ground breaking.

Quote:
They gave
  • a bigger cabin
  • a bigger boot
  • piezo electric injectors
  • fuel filter design that lasts the lifetime of the car
  • air filters that lasts 40,000 kms
  • coolant that lasts 1,50,000 kms
  • the best brakes in its class
  • an excellent engine with fantastic drivability
  • and a car that is so cheap to maintain and run
I don't really care if the injectors are made of piezo electric or some exotic material. In the end how the car drives is what matters to me.

They might have given all that you mentioned but does it translate to sales numbers?

Quote:
In contrast, 30% of Toyota sales constitute flop model ( according to you ). Still they are financially healthy. So, I'm not sure how much of a flop they are.

Now regarding sales, these are the numbers from February 2013

Figo - 3804
Fiesta - 503
Total - 4308

Etios - 2797
Liva - 1698
Total - 4495

While the hatchback version of Ford churns out good numbers, the sedan variant churns out pathetic numbers. And inspite of the fact that Liva doesn't offer a premium variant for Liva Diesel, the total sales still exceeds the Fiesta/Figo combination.
This is a biased comparison. Mind you the Fiesta classic is a much older model although based on the Fiesta. It was never meant to be in the C1 segment.

Instead of comparing the combined numbers let's just compare the Figo vs Liva numbers which is 1698 vs 3804. The discussion was on these 2 products and not on the sedan. I have already acknowledged that the sedan is decently speced but priced on higher side.

Etios should be compared with Dzire, Sunny and even Rapid.

Quote:
This is what I felt after the trip to Munnar on Fiesta Classic.
No problem at all. In my case I felt the Liva was extremely poor at speeds in terms of stability, the steering felt very light with zero feedback. The gearbox did not like quick gear changes and it was a pain sitting inside with the diesel clatter on the highway.

The new one might have lesser noise but the highway stability, steering feel, handling still has a long way to go.

Quote:
Why doesn't the same car sell in volumes in countries other than in India ?
Reasons are simple.
So why did Toyota bring to India a cheaper stripped down car? If you want volume comparison lets compare the Swift sales as well in other countries. Oh wait we can compare swift but there is no Liva in other countries cause it was only for 3rd world countries.

Figo and Fiesta Classic are nothing but UK variants of the Fiesta. Pretty much the same package as UK just facelifted. They are a generation old but are still the same vehicles.

Quote:
single wiper -

Plastics -
The single wiper feature has been openly advertised by Toyota as a cost saving feature and it is very assuming that you are actually saying it is an added feature.

The plastics on my old Maruti 800 also never had an issue in the 8 years I own it. I guess your trying to say that the Etios feels similar.

At the end of the day, one may argue that the Etios is better than the Dzire and the Liva is better than the Swift. But Maruti is the one laughing all the way to the bank and Toyota is the one who had to go back to the drawing board to fix some glaring omissions in their cars.

They heavily underestimated the indian public and thought that they could shove down basic, stripped down built to a cost product and get away with it by assuming that the Toyota brand name would be enough.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks