Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2013, 22:08   #391
BHPian

Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
That's exactly what my idea is. Of course they cannot force the insurance package on you. Both legally and ethically you are fine so long as you have insurance from wherever you want. But what happens if the dealership refuses to service the vehicle 'cashless' even though your policy entitles you to. Can they do it?
they cannot refuse to service the vehicle.you will have to initiate the discussion with your insurance company to arrange for the inspection and approval. The company will have to give you the quote for material and labour.
djavalkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 14:34   #392
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!.

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

I firmly believe that Toyota make the best cars in the world in all classes apple to apple, be it Tercel, Echo or Yaris, or Corolla, Camry, Landcruiser, pick up, bus ( coaster ) or Lexus range.

I am going to buy an Etios Liva today, electric blue colour through Avis India Car lease.

This is going to be my 7th Toyota overall.

the previous six were.

Corrolla 1.6 Super Saloon - 1992 Maroon
Landcruiser Prado SWB - 1998 Dark Green
Landcruiser Prado LWB - 1999 Gold / beige

Landcruiser VLX 4700 cc V8 - 2002 Pearl White
Camry GX 4 cyl - 2004 Dark Green
Yaris Hatchback 1.3 Petrol - 2007 Silver

And now - Etios Liva 1.2 Petrol Electric Blue today !

Yes for a good 15 years in Dubai, UAE.

Is there an update here somewhere this thread or other thread on the revamped Toyota Etios Liva launched in 2013 ?

Last edited by GTO : 13th June 2013 at 19:04. Reason: Merging back to back posts
desertfox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2013, 13:22   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Is there an update here somewhere this thread or other thread on the revamped Toyota Etios Liva launched in 2013 ?
If it is not in TBHP, its not anywhere .

Here you go:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3062288
sups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2013, 13:23   #394
BHPian

Sorry mate. We do not have a thread on refreshed Etios Liva yet. My initial ownership experience should be up shortly.
Old 12th June 2013, 10:29   #395
Senior - BHPian

It is a car that sells well. Still they do not have sufficient inventory. Perhaps the Diesel version sells more, as is the case in India currently.

I wanted a 1.2 Petrol G version.

They said.

My 1st choice Blue - 10 days
2nd Choice - Vermillon Red - 7 days
3rd Choice Black - 3 to 4 days.

I settled for choice # 3 and ordered a Black Toyota Etios Liva 1.2 G.
This will be my first Toyota in India. Made in India, the previous six , five were made in Japan while the Camry was a made in Australia Toyota.
Old 12th June 2013, 10:56   #396
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It is a car that sells well. Still they do not have sufficient inventory. Perhaps the Diesel version sells more, as is the case in India currently.

I wanted a 1.2 Petrol G version.

They said.

My 1st choice Blue - 10 days
2nd Choice - Vermillon Red - 7 days
3rd Choice Black - 3 to 4 days.

I settled for choice # 3 and ordered a Black Toyota Etios Liva 1.2 G.
This will be my first Toyota in India. Made in India, the previous six , five were made in Japan while the Camry was a made in Australia Toyota.
Congrats.

Toyota keeps as minimum inventory as possible- on either ends of manufacturing. They believe inventory is dead money. This forms one of the basic principles of their world famous lean manufacturing technology.

When you are buying a car for next few years- won't it be better to wait an additional week for a favourite colour?
Old 12th June 2013, 12:18   #397
Senior - BHPian

Well no It was never my favorite color, I though electric blue is a bit funky, give it a try, nor is Virat Kohli my favorite batsman, so instead of Viraat's Liva I ordered my own Black Liva.
Felt like driving a new car as soon as possible. And black is a great colour. I have a black scorpio already.

Let it come, will drive it for a few days and then its future is to remain parked for weeks together.

I dont have to bother much about this car, AVIS premium lease have to take care of delivery, purchase, polishing, service, interior cleaning, tyre or battery replacement, insurance accident repair and 24x7 roadside assistance.

Why I like it :

It would seem surprising but there are four Japanese cars that are exactly the same.

Yes - an Etios and Etios Liva are in the same class as Honda City.

Toyota had Yaris Saloon and hatchback.
Nissan had Tiida Saloon and Hatchback ( what is the Micra now )
Suzuki had Liana Saloon and hatchback
Honda had City (2nd generation EX ) and Jazz

All these four cars were virtually the same.

In India they installed diesel engines into some of these.

In city traffic it does not matter whether you drive a 1.5 L engine or 1.2 L as long as it delivers around 80 bhp you are fine.

So actually the Etios LIVA is more or less the hatchback version which is comparible to Micra and Jazz from Honda.

But compared to all other cars, Toyota is the best. Honda may be jazzier, better looking, sportier but a Toyota is a Toyota in reliability and soon will be in re-sale as well as in all other countries of the world.

A Toyota being compared to Ford ? well its early days in India right now soon this will stop.

Do you know what they think of the Ford ?

FORD - Fault OR Repair Daily!

Last edited by desertfox : 12th June 2013 at 12:39.
desertfox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 10:46   #398
BHPian

@desertfox

Please keep us updated when you get the delivery since in May it was almost a month for Toyota to deliver Liva G in Kolkata that too not in my chosen color. Not that I regret the color of black Liva that I got(actually I like it a lot now) but if I did have this short delivery promise, I could have postponed the booking and might as well got the discount that Toyota is now offering.
Old 14th June 2013, 12:20   #399
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Avis did offer me a discount. THe Liva 1.2 Petrol G coming through AVIS premium services is for Rs. 471,000 a good price for a car that is Toyota, my earlier lease car was a Maruti Wagon R purchased by Hertz ( Carsonrent ) for Rs. 383,000 for an additional Rs. 88,000 odd I am getting a lot more of car i would say, a Toyota is a Toyota and this being my 7th Toyota overall I know what I am saying.

Completed all paperwork, should be here in a day or two, perhaps after the weekend, I may have to end up going to the agency to drive it out but I would prefer that Avis bring it home or to the office parking themselves not bothering me.
Old 19th June 2013, 11:45   #400
Senior - BHPian

My Toyota Etios Liva is yet to be delivered! I am totally dissaitsfied with the unprofessional couldnt care less attitude of AVIS Premium lease and would not recommend them to anybody for business.
Old 25th June 2013, 12:26   #401
Senior - BHPian

Of late I am very glad to observe what is going on in Delhi NCR these days.

Toyota has established itself as a most practical and reliable product similar to its Global image.

The Indian customer has been a first hand observer of the Qualis supremacy followed by Innova ruling the semi luxary people logistics in India.

This has led to Denso and alternative Toyota parts and repair become possible in entire urban India and to some extent rural India too.

All this has built great confidance in Toyota Brand equity and as a direct result of all this ETIOS and ETIOS Liva sales are on a constant growth path in this region.

Sales numbers are going up. Die hard Maruti Swift fans are taking the Liva Diesel or Petrol route.

Honda City or similar class saloon buyers are realizing that Etios is spacious and more economical to run and maintain and flocking to it.

There are not less than 20 Toyota showrooms in Delhi NCR and now suddenly you see a lot more Etios and Liva on the city streets.

Welcome to India Toyota, aim to take the No. 1 mantle from Suzuki. Well Toyota if it doesnt launch the Starlet class will not be there in the small hatch category where Wagon R, Alto, Santro, i10 and Eon are and Datsun is entering but above this Toyota is all set to roll the ball and change the game.

By the way - my Etios Liva is yet to arrive! Not delivered till date. Avis premium lease is a bad service company and so is some Toyota dealer associated with called 36 Toyota or something in Faridabad, Haryana.

They asked me to go there this week and collect it. I have never been to Faridabad in my life why should I go there they had promised delivery from Gurgaon. Go to Faridabad for an Etios, if it was a Ferrari I would have thought about it.

Last edited by desertfox : 25th June 2013 at 12:40.
desertfox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 13:19   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way - my Etios Liva is yet to arrive! Not delivered till date. Avis premium lease is a bad service company and so is some Toyota dealer associated with called 36 Toyota or something in Faridabad, Haryana.

They asked me to go there this week and collect it. I have never been to Faridabad in my life why should I go there they had promised delivery from Gurgaon. Go to Faridabad for an Etios, if it was a Ferrari I would have thought about it.
36 Toyota is a pretty decent dealership setup in Faridabad. I had initially booked my Fortuner from them but later cancelled for a much better deal to a Uttaranchal dealer. They were very professional and immediately returned my 1 Lac advance given to them. You would have been pleasantly surprised by this new dealership had you been there now with a very decent expressway between the 2 satellites.

I had travelled from Meerut to Faridabad for my Fortuner and eventually to Haldwani. That my in-laws resided in Faridabad helped. For a Ferrari I would have travelled even to Maranello... lolz
Old 25th June 2013, 13:54   #403
Senior - BHPian

Professional ? They are yet to call me and inform as to whether they are sending the vehicle to my office with a driver.

Ask Yoda to help me he is the ultimate Jedi master. He can lift the car and transport it through the air from Faridabad to Gurgaon
Old 25th June 2013, 18:16   #404
Senior - BHPian

Finally the car has left 36 Toyota, on its way for delivery.

I am totally fed up with the couldnt care less attitude of 36 Toyota, Faridabad.

As for Mercury Car rentals, the Indian partners for Avis Premium Lease, the company has reached the epitome of bad customer service.

Lies, lack of response, not addressing issues, no respect for customers business.

It is the old Carz on lease team with inbuild qualities of gutter level indian corporate practices.
Old 27th June 2013, 12:32   #405
Senior - BHPian

THe Black Liva G 1.2 Petrol was finally delivered to me yesterday.
I drove it last night.

The car is a whiz, super smooth, nifty, easy drives like nothing i have seen in India before and it is a TOYOTA - the best car in the world.

Even with an economy downmarket car like this the TOYOTA values, quality revolution and everything the brand promises is there.

Toyota is never a flashy, revolutionary looking concept, but a practical, value for money car and I got what I had expected.

What I like :

Nice large front door to get in.
Driver seat height adjustment feature
Excellent seat and steering position
Perfect ignition switch position
practical good functional remote and key
Superb clutch operation
Excellent super smooth gearbox
Good engine, remember it is a 1.2 L Etios Liva I was not inside a Porche Carrera, good enough for city driving
Engine noise greatly improved, practically noiseless
Hydraulic engine mounts greatly help noise reduction and vibration
Excellent breaking
Very comfortable seats. Even better that my Scorpio it is a small car but I wouldnt mind driving it to a 150 to 200 K and back destination such cars do go on the highway in India. It wont hurt by back like the Bolero.
Superb airconditioning. Signature Toyota Middle East standards. Better than any other maker India has ever seen.
Good interiors, very good materials used, superior to Maruti, Mahindra, Tata. It is an economy Toyota not Lexus I have bought.
What a glove box. Never seen anything of this size!
Plenty of cubby holes, storage spaces for sunglasses, phone, coins, pens tissue box etc. etc. a delight.
Toyota cut corners - who said its the others who do it, my car has a cigrette lighter socket.
And on cutting corners the music system does have slot for USB so what else does one ask for ?
And if the music system is not a blast it is not expected. If you want it go to a shop and get it converted to have a party inside.

What I dont like :

All round view is a little restricted. But this is coming from a guy used to driving an SUV and that too premium 4WD for last 15 years. The last saloon car that I actually drove was a 2004 model Toyota Camry A/T in 2004 - 05.

A parcel tray would have been nice, but I can buy it from any Toyota dealer, no big deal.

The side mirrors ought to be a bit bigger for a better view, OK but not good.

Rear view, fairly good I would say. These days you need to have headrest on the back and this is a compact hatchback, no saloon.

Well thats about it, I dont think I dislike anything about my car.

Like it so much that I plan to drive it around for a week or two till I get tired of it and switch back to Bolero and driver combination.

Last evening in my building basement parking ramps tried some drifting, superb response the car handles very well.

What about adding some stuff to it - Strap on booster, teflon clutch plate, Platinum spark plugs, heavy duty coil sets and wire harness, EHT heavy duty coil, K & N filter, N2o boost, wider tyres, 4 wheel disk brakes or maybe I have become too old for this kind of stuff.

Verdict - Buy an Corolla Diesel for my touring. Toyota make the best cars in India too.

Last edited by desertfox : 27th June 2013 at 12:48.
desertfox is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed