Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2016, 10:05   #511
BHPian

Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Thankfully, there are two dealers in Pune for Toyota and if I decide to go ahead with it, I will check out how the other dealer treats its customers and decide.
Is your experience with DSK Bawdhan? Then I am surprised. My purchase of Liva GD and service experience with them is nothing less than fantastic. My car has run 70,000 km in less than 4 years and they continue to give very good service. Yes, there had been cleaning issues post servicing with them, but they apologized and immediately rectified it.

If you have liked the vehicle, please give your experience a benefit of doubt and make a complaint to them. I am sure they will take care of it. I remember I had 4 test drives and they were patient. Good luck with your purchase!
Old 5th September 2016, 13:58   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
Is your experience with DSK Bawdhan?
Was with Shivaji Nagar branch as that's the closest to my home/office in Viman Nagar.
Old 11th September 2016, 07:10   #513

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasmhn View Post
Yes , looks like the focus is only on Innova & Fortuner. Had got 40K service done few weeks back from Ravindu Toyota Bangalore and until now did not get the follow-up call on the service and feedback.
Last time had given less rating of 8 (scale of 10) due to few issues. Had reported that wiper water dispenser is not working and has asked them to check it out. After some 4 hrs service adviser called mentioned that plastic container has a crack and need to be replaced and I had agreed for it. Later in the evening they mentioned that it was only connecting pipe was broken. Delayed the car delivery by almost 3 hrs, had left the car for servicing at 8 AM and got it back around 7 PM. After few days later checking the engine bay and see the coolant is near low mark so had average feedback
Mr. Srinivasmhn, I had a similar bad experience in Ravindu Toyota bangalore , SA decided that my car needed 3M Polish exatra and gave me false explanation .
I called the General Manager Service, Mr Venkatachal Sharma and he resolved the issue. Got full refund for work which I had not asked for. He and service manager, both apologised and did the needful.

You can also call Mr Sharma or the service manager. Many SAs are inexperienced and do mistakes and don't want to own it. That is when management needs to do the right things and make the customer happy.
Old 28th September 2016, 23:45   #514
BHPian

First glance at new Liva & Platinum etios

Visited DSK Toyota Bawdhan today with a friend of mine (his Liva D was to be serviced).

The new grille for Liva look impressive specially blue colour. For the Etios, the chrome inserts upfront spoil the look IMHO.
On the Liva, the faux carbon fibre inserts in front bumper look classy.

Though the design of the interiors haven't changed, the quality definitely has improved. You get the same old rotary knob for headlight adjustment, same pull type know to open the bonnet. Acres of leg room in Liva when I set the front seat for my very tall 5'2" frame and when done the same for Etios it is a mini balcony.

Very supportive seats in both back and front, massive range for seat height adjustment, though could not check range for steering tilt.

Toyota are advertising 3 point centre belt for rear passenger in Etios but what they are not advertising is a 3 point like belt for rear center passenger as well. The belt emerges out just above rear right seat belt, it is anchored to the roof just behind rear right headrest and then it has to clipped in to buckle for rear centre passenger.
This belt also has a clip for ISOFIX mount and when both are clipped in gives the same anchorage as a 3 point belt. I could not click a picture for this arrangement.

I also noticed a foam like insulation being added below the skin of the left & right wing panels (black material between the 2 blue panels). Attaching the picture for this foam insert.

Regards
Nikhil
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-img_20160928_130646988.jpg  

Last edited by nsbhagwat : 28th September 2016 at 23:50. Reason: Added text.
nsbhagwat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 02:53   #515
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: First glance at new Liva & Platinum etios

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post

I also noticed a foam like insulation being added below the skin of the left & right wing panels (black material between the 2 blue panels). Attaching the picture for this foam insert.

Regards
Nikhil
Guess it's already there in the previous Etios version. Maybe it's there so that dirt and slush doesn't get stuck there. My 2009 WagonR, doesn't have this foam like thing and is left hollow. Not to say, the place is filled with slush all the time.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 22:52   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Visited DSK Toyota Bawdhan...
Nikhil
Thank you Nikhil for your inputs. I stay at Dapodi, and so Sharayu Toyota is the nearest one. Last Tuesday I had called them and had expressed my desire about the new Liva. I was assured a callback from a SA but the call is yet to materialize.

Wonder what is the experience of buyers from Sharayu Toyota in Pune?

Probably I would have to visit DSK Toyota Bawdhan for a look and feel of the new Liva. Any guesses on whats the average waiting period for this hatchback?
Old 29th October 2016, 13:53   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Thank you Nikhil for your inputs. I stay at Dapodi, and so Sharayu Toyota is the nearest one. Last Tuesday I had called them and had expressed my desire about the new Liva. I was assured a callback from a SA but the call is yet to materialize.

Wonder what is the experience of buyers from Sharayu Toyota in Pune?

Probably I would have to visit DSK Toyota Bawdhan for a look and feel of the new Liva. Any guesses on whats the average waiting period for this hatchback?
Hi, sorry for a late reply. When I visited last time the sales person did not have a clue for the delivery schedule of the new cars.

Regards
Nikhil
Old 7th November 2016, 11:10   #518
BHPian

$$ For the interest of Liva owners $$

The lack of weather seal on Liva doors causes lot of dust to settle on the door frame. In my case on two occasions a lizard was hiding in the gap and when I opened the door, it jumped inside the car. It took a hell lot of effort to get it out.
A month ago was browsing through Ali Express and came across this:-

The item is available at below link:-
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4M-Z...608.0.0.Zd4vbJ

Ordered it and was delivered within one month. No additional duties paid.

Installed it yesterday and the results are very good.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-seal.jpg  

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-img_20161107_080202.jpg  

rajivr1612 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 14:10   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
$$ For the interest of Liva owners $$
Installed it yesterday and the results are very good.
Thanks for sharing the details.

How's the improvement on the road/ wind noise at higher speeds? Any change for the better?
Old 7th November 2016, 15:09   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post

Thanks for sharing the details.

How's the improvement on the road/ wind noise at higher speeds? Any change for the better?
Thanks,
Didn't take a drive after this DIY. Will post the same coming weekend.
Old 12th November 2016, 11:23   #521
Senior - BHPian

Hello tbhpians,

I am looking at buying the Liva as a daily commuter. Average use is around 40000kms per year.
Have not driven them both and not able to as I have fractured my knee. Cant seem to find reviews anyplace for the latest Liva thats on offer too.
Planning to go for the top end in Coimbatore, VxD 8,73,000 Diesel and Vx 741000. There are no offers.

Should I opt for Petrol or Diesel?
Old 12th November 2016, 18:21   #522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Hello tbhpians,

I am looking at buying the Liva as a daily commuter. Average use is around 40000kms per year....

Should I opt for Petrol or Diesel?
Did you say 40K kms? That's clearly a diesel territory. But if you meant 4K kms, go for a petrol please. Not sure they still have the 1.5L still, but if they have, you might want to take a good look at that.

If you are looking for discounts, please wait till end of December and negotiate.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 12th November 2016 at 18:23.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 21:40   #523
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Did you say 40K kms? That's clearly a diesel territory. But if you meant 4K kms, go for a petrol please. Not sure they still have the 1.5L still, but if they have, you might want to take a good look at that.

If you are looking for discounts, please wait till end of December and negotiate.

1.5 Liva is only available with the cross version. The trd sportivo 1.5 has been discontinued. Very difficult to find something with the dealer!
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 16:02   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Look like will go with the Diesel. Sad, they discontinued the Sportiva.

Any idea if they going to plonk an autobox on the Liva? Need a hatch, and soon. Think will just go ahead and book.

Benny
Old 15th November 2016, 16:28   #525
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
...Any idea if they going to plonk an autobox on the Liva?...
The Platinum just released and am sure there is nothing in the pipeline for atleast an year! I assume Toyota still thinks it's the grill and bumpers which are hampering the sales and hence such updates keep coming. Until & unless they open their eyes wide, we'll not see any meaningful updates on the Etios / Liva.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed