Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2017, 21:11   #526
Senior - BHPian

Dual tone Toyota Etios Liva launched at 6.03 lakh!

Toyota has launched dual tone etios priced at 6.03 lakh ex-showroom Delhi. Dual airbags and ABS are standard across all variants of the car but apart from these there are no other mechanical changes. The dual tone is carried on to the interiors as well as exterior.

Changes include :

Exterior -
  • Sporty roof spoiler
  • Dual painted roof and pillars
  • Black finish on the front grille
  • Chrome fog lamps
  • Electrically folded ORVM's
  • Diamond cut alloys
Interior -
  • Piano black finish instrument panel
  • Optitron combimeter rear removable headrests
  • Adjustable front headrest
  • 3D textured seat fabric.
Some pics :

Exterior :

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-dualtoneetiosliva_827x510_41486532612.jpeg

Front grill :

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-dualtoneetioslivagrille_827x510_71486532647.jpeg

Interior :

Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review-dualtoneetioslivainterior_827x510_71486532675.jpeg

More info and source from Auto NDTV
Link : http://auto.ndtv.com/news/new-dual-t...from=home-auto
TorqueyTechie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 21:34   #527
BHPian

re: Dual tone Toyota Etios Liva launched at 6.03 lakh!

If only they had changed the dashboard ! It's the Etios Liva.
Dhruba_Nazira is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 21:38   #528
Senior - BHPian

re: Dual tone Toyota Etios Liva launched at 6.03 lakh!

This makes no sense. The etios was never a quirky, flamboyant design to appeal to the target crowd of such dual tone experiments. A person who buys a Toyota etios buys it for peace of mind and as a cheap reliable car over anything else. I just don't understand who this is targeted at.
Old 5th February 2019, 16:07   #529
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

New gen Toyota Etios, Liva on the way

"In a recent interview with Economic Times, Masakazu Yoshimura, the newly appointed Managing Director of Toyota Kirloskar Motor, revealed that the Etios sedan and Liva hatchback will be updated for India. While he stopped short of furnishing further information, his statement does imply that next-gen versions of the trustworthy India-spec models are currently in the works.

Mr. Yoshimura also stated that 70% of the quantum of business in the Indian passenger car market lies below the INR 10 lakh mark and hence, the company is working on driving down the cost of its small cars. However, he likened the cost cutting exercise as squeezing an already very dry towel.Toyota’s recent partnership with Suzuki will not only bear fruits in India but will have benefits on the global scale. Adopting Suzuki’s excellent low cost structure for small cars would be of great help for Toyota in India.

When asked about the possibility of hybrid solution to its small cars in India, Mr. Yoshimura pointed out that the Toyota hybrid solutions for B-segment will see fruition soon through partner Suzuki. Though Toyota is working on a smaller EV with Suzuki, the new MD feels that hybrid (or self charging) vehicles are better suited to battle pollution in India since they don’t need large scale support infrastructure. The current Toyota Etios and Liva were developed after an exhaustive customer survey in India. The twins are known for their reliability, space, and efficiency. Despite their strengths, they failed to set the sales chart on fire and we would blame the unambitious styling for it. Hopefully, the updated versions will have fresher and youthful appeal inside out. Toyota has also revealed that they are planning to bring the average price of their line-up in India lower. This could mean that the next gen Etios and Liva could be priced lower than the current variants.

India is currently one of the top 10 markets in the world for Toyota, and with proper product strategy and cost optimization, Mr. Yoshimura feels that the Indian subsidiary could enter top 3 in the future. He also stated that, thanks to loyal customer base, the retention rate in India is highest among Toyota’s global subsidiaries."

Source-https://www.rushlane.com/mg-hector-b...-12296222.html
tj123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 20:00   #530
BHPian

This place looks a lil dead. Lighting it up. As eagerly as I await the launch of the new Liva, it was time for the yearly service. This time decided to get it done at Lakozy Toyota on Mahakali Caves rd, Andheri East instead of going to Millenium in Andheri West. Since I was going here first time, the lady on the call could not accept my request for 60 min express service. Also I had completed the major stuff ie the oil & filter. Was a basic inspection job. Since she couldn’t commit to giving a quick service & also said I wasn’t a Lakozy customer, I lost it and wrote a mail to Toyota HQ. Promptly got a call & the scene was sorted.

Once my advisor was assigned he realised I was unnecessarily going for the 90 min package when the jobs were half complete. One thing which was due was the replacement of brake fluid. I had bought mine but they didn’t allow that. Stupid really! Arrogant Toyota I tell you. Got a new air filter & suspension needs replacement. The body wash was the usual & vacuuming decent. Paid 1500 something for it all & gave 9 as feedback. Spoke to the senior rep to consider making exceptions for non OEM parts change. Is why I did not give them a 10 on 10, which they feverishly demand.

I finally upgraded from the Delvac1 5w40 to the Amsoil Signature Series 5w30. Also tanked up and added the Amsoil Diesel Injector Cleaner & the Cetane Boost.( I wasn’t that happy with the STP stuff. ) And boy she takes off! Roughly over 10 days and the initial impressions are: Engine has definitely become whole lot smoother, revs more freely & if not a little quieter. Overtakes are zippy & she touches 100 in no time. The 1.4 D4D at its very best!!

The OEM Idemitsu was pretty ok, the Delvac better than it, but Amsoil seems top class! In my cars 5 oil changes, this one is definitely the best. Highly recommend it in case you’re due for a change. I’ll also be switching to the Amsoil Brake Fluid. Let’s see how it goes.

In case Sumit is reading this, thank you for the recommendation. This is great stuff. Cheers!
coolmel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 22:31   #531
BHPian

Coolmel, are amsoil products available for petrol vehicles?

Regards
Nikhil
Old 19th March 2022, 10:18   #532
BHPian

Hello, hoping somebody reads this and can help.

I have a 2011 Liva Vx petrol which I purchased used. For the 1st time I am wanting to purchase the engine oil myself from boodmo and then take it to a FNG to do the flushing and replacement.
Which is the correct grade of oil for the car? Most answers I found online said 5W-30, just need somebody to confirm it for me. I don't have the user manual with me nor can I find a pdf online.
Old 19th March 2022, 11:01   #533
BHPian

5W-30 it is. I used Shell Helix semi-synthetic for oil change. You dont need to buy engine oil from Boodmo.
However Boodmo is useful for buying original oil filter, air and ac filter.
Oil filter needs to be changed with every oil change. Take your choice of engine oil and original oil filter to the FNG.
There is a useful thread on periodic maintenance on this forum. Make most use of it.
I change air and ac filter annually too.
Good luck!
kotirajendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 15:42   #534
BHPian

Hi,
My friend has an used Etios liva petrol in his native town. The car has been left unused for over a year now. It was rarely used even before that. He says the car has some repair works to be done, and it would take almost a lakh rupees to get it done.
He does not know the variant, mileage, model, or any details about the repairs. All he knows is, he bought it in 2016, and he is the second owner. I have been thinking for a couple of days to ask him to sell it to me, as beater car, for city run abouts. I am not sure if he wants to sell it at all. If I do ask him, he would let me know all the details. But I do know that the asking price would be less than a lakh.

Now to the question.
Buying this etios will be considered only after knowing the issues. But does it make sense to buy an Etios Liva petrol now, at all ? And, as a third owner?

I initially had plans of a used alto if needed. But if I am able to get an etios liva at a price less than a used alto, I just thought why not.

Last edited by Benoit : 16th May 2022 at 15:44.
Old 16th May 2022, 15:53   #535
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
He says the car has some repair works to be done, and it would take almost a lakh rupees to get it done.
He does not know the variant, mileage, model, or any details about the repairs. .
Ask him to send the car to the Toyota dealership and get an estimate. Most of the parts are very cheap at the dealership. One lac is too much unless there is something related to engine/ transmission which I doubt can be on a Toyota so early

Quote:
if I am able to get an etios liva at a price less than a used alto, I just thought why not
Absolutely, get it repaired at the dealership and you can enjoy the trouble-free ownership. Add good seat covers and a new music system/ speaker and you should be good.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 13:45   #536

Car Modification in Hyderabad

Dear Fellow Bhpians

Good day.

This is my first thread on Team-Bhp. i have been a reader of this forum for almost 7 years, and recently inducted into the bhpian fraternity. and am very thankful.

To the topic in hand, we are having a Toyota Etios Liva V (2011-Petrol) With 120K happy miles under her belt. And she was a happy beater for almost 12 years.

Recently we are planning to have a mini overhaul session within our budget for her. Here is the list of things to do on her.

1. New Car Infotainment-Done (bought an android 9" system for 10 K)
2. Interior Floor complete Matting-Done (done with 2 K)
3. Complete touchup over her small bruises- (Need to be done)
4. change of rear shock absorbers- need to be done at FNG, parts from boodmo.
5. Interior and Exterior wash.
6. Change the ORVM from manual to Electronically adjustable (Folding Function not important).

I require the help in completing the last Point. (No.6) I have been searching with local decor shops near Mehdipatnam/Attapur, as i am near to this place only one guy quoted me for the ORVM work.

6K for local item and 12K for OEM with 1 year warranty.

(I am confused as boodmo shows 2.5 K each for ORVM and 4.5 K for switch, it is very steep.)

I require the experts to weigh in and help me decide and it would be really helpful if someone could point me in the right direction and to a right person/shop as well.

I apologize if there is mistakes in above post.

Mods: Kindly merge the same with the relevant post if possible

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks