Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2011, 21:51   #181

Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Hi All,

I was going to this thread on chevy Beat, when suddenly a Ad. appears on TV - a teen aged girl tells her dad she wants to go to some cousin's place. Dad says after 27th (JULY). All that followed by an announcement "BEAT DIESEL to be launched on 27th. So 27th is the day lets keep fingers crossed for official price.
Old 22nd July 2011, 22:19   #182
BHPian

Great , may be chevy thought 25 was not a good day, 27th is ( 2+7=9) many people find that number very lucky

Jokes apart, All the Best Chevy!

Found this video, says one line in the end that says it all "24km/litre"

Last edited by Nash24 : 22nd July 2011 at 22:31. Reason: added a video link
Old 22nd July 2011, 22:38   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangface View Post
Any updates on the launch date? My dealer says the launch is not on the 25th but the 27th?? Still no official word on the OTR prices here
Launch date is 25th, will not be delayed for sure, confirmed by the dealer. Also they were very sure that the price will be in a difference of 60 K from the petrol in all versions. That means the base version could be just under 5 lakhs OTR in Bangalore.
Old 22nd July 2011, 23:14   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Launch date is 25th, will not be delayed for sure, confirmed by the dealer. Also they were very sure that the price will be in a difference of 60 K from the petrol in all versions. That means the base version could be just under 5 lakhs OTR in Bangalore.
Did you see that new tv ad saying that 27th? Guess there is still a bit of confusion about it.

Difference of 60k in prices is good news! This should be attractive enough to sway a lot of new buyers
Old 23rd July 2011, 00:07   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangface View Post
Did you see that new tv ad saying that 27th? Guess there is still a bit of confusion about it.

Difference of 60k in prices is good news! This should be attractive enough to sway a lot of new buyers
Yes a lot of confusion, the sales guy had confirmed it today, I guess their is no communication on this between the company and the dealers.

The best part is the pricing, that is if it comes true. I am sure there are a lot of customers for this car who do substantial mileage within the city on a daily basis, for them this is a spot on car.
Old 23rd July 2011, 00:10   #186
BHPian

@fangface:
The TV commercial/teaser is already available in the website.
I think you are mentioning about this:
Chevrolet Beat Diesel Videos
Old 23rd July 2011, 08:37   #187
Team-BHP Support

GTO,

One of my friend is looking around for a diesel Car under Rs 4.5L and I believe Beat diesel to be priced around that mark. How does it hold up to the Indica e-V2 diesel?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 09:19   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
GTO,

One of my friend is looking around for a diesel Car under Rs 4.5L and I believe Beat diesel to be priced around that mark. How does it hold up to the Indica e-V2 diesel?
Its amazing and perplexing why you want to compare a 12 year old product with known quality issues with Gen-X product which has top of the line quality. Note EV2 is not on Indica Vista, its on the old indica platform on DLI engine. Tata Should have done EV2 on Vista which atleast has lower quality issues.

As far as Mileage is concerned, last i heard EV2 and beat diesel are being Compared by Autocar. Will get to see the results in this issue itself.

I am finally getting the Test Drive of beat-diesel today. will post my review driving experience etc.
anu21v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 10:18   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

In this official video, General Motors explains some facets of the XSDE SMARTECH diesel engine that debuts on the Beat diesel.

The 24kmpl Chevrolet Beat diesel will be launched day after tomorrow simultaneously in Mumbai and Delhi.
Old 23rd July 2011, 11:12   #190
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don't think there is any comparison here; of course the Beat diesel. In terms of quality & contemporariness, the Beat is atleast 3 - 4 levels higher than the Indica. The Beat is also far better to drive, and much better built than the aging Indica. The single area where the Indica scores is cabin space, but I really can't recommend an Indica e-V2 to anyone (Note : I am myself an owner of an Indigo TDI). The Tata is too old, too unrefined and too crude by current standards.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 12:50   #191
BHPian

Quote:
GTO,

I own an Indica 2006 model. If you are comparing Beat with the eV2, which is based on the older Indica platform, i have to agree with GTO and anu21v.

Although i dont know about the engine as i have not yet driven a Beat diesel, the interiors certainly makes Beat to be better. Considering the Taxi image of the Indica, if i am in the market for a new car, i would consider the Beat. More so, if i would mostly be driving with one or two people always in the city.

The only reason i would consider an Indica eV2 over the beat would be if i would be travelling a lot on highways, to remote parts where servicing an Indica would be easier than a Beat.

@anu21v:
Also, i saw that the eV2 switch gear is worse than the older Indica that i have. It seems to me that Tata has clearly made the eV2 for the taxi segment, thereby testing their new engine on this segment first. They get feedback from the taxi guys real quick. That could be the reason why Vista does not have this as yet.
deep_bang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 16:14   #192
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys

Even I was suggesting him the Beat over & above the e-V2. Perhaps, GM is providing a TD but is yet to come out with prices.
GM is soon to open up a dealer ship at our place, so it will be much easier as far as service & spares go.

The dealer has hinted as the prices to be very competitive, but hasn't revealed any figures.
Old 23rd July 2011, 17:44   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Approximate OTR prices for the different variants quoted in Delhi by Chevy dealer Autovikas Moti Nagar today:
4.3L / 4.7L / 5.3L / 5.7L.

Only LT(O) at 5.7L gets ABS.
Old 23rd July 2011, 18:50   #194
Senior - BHPian

I think these are slightly on the higher side.
What i heard was 4.2/4.5/5/5.5.

I think the LT variant will eat up some part of I10 sales.
They should have equipped the LT variant with ABS.
Old 23rd July 2011, 21:46   #195
BHPian

Got a Call from the sales guy today, says 5.3OTR of BEAT LS in bangalore and 4.9OTR for BEAT PS in bangalore.

I told you him your kidding me, why will this car sell if it is just 25000 cheaper than the Figo LXI? I told him GM needs to price this car at 5 or max 5.1for the LS variant and 5.4 for the LT variant.

Looking at the post above you guys are hinting at 4.5OTR in delhi for BEAT LS which sounds perfect, bangalore should be 5lakh OTR for Beat LS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks