Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
I got the following quote for Beat LTO from Khivraj

Ex showroom - 5,79,770
Insurance - 20,907
Reg. & Tax - 68,977
OTR - 6,69,654

Will have to go over the options once again before taking a final call :(
Khivraj has given the best quote. If insurance is taken from outside, a could save another 7K. Any freebies being offered by Khivraj?

Figo is a good car, but having owned a Ford fusion, which had the same 1.4 litre oil burner, I will not to own the same engined car once again. As I'm looking at replacing a Santro that will be driven mostly in the city, I'm more and more turning towards the Beat. My daughter (8 years old) also liked the i20 and wants me to buy it. This really adds to the confusion
Old 11th May 2012, 10:08   #512
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Khivraj has given the best quote. If insurance is taken from outside, a could save another 7K. Any freebies being offered by Khivraj?

Figo is a good car, but having owned a Ford fusion, which had the same 1.4 litre oil burner, I will not to own the same engined car once again. As I'm looking at replacing a Santro that will be driven mostly in the city, I'm more and more turning towards the Beat. My daughter (8 years old) also liked the i20 and wants me to buy it. This really adds to the confusion
Khivraj person was mentioning he can give accessories worth 6K but need to reconfirm that.

Another thing which adds to dilemma is that the price difference between beat LTO and Figo titanium is only ~33K (what you will be missing is the rear power window) OTR for figo titanium is 7,03,849. I am really stuck here...
Old 11th May 2012, 13:37   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another thing which adds to dilemma is that the price difference between beat LTO and Figo titanium is only ~33K (what you will be missing is the rear power window) OTR for figo titanium is 7,03,849. I am really stuck here...
Yes, especially when you are spending close to sedan class, you might want to think twice. I feel that the decision should be based to satisfy your needs.

If you need a torquey, hot looking hatch, with a bit of visibility issue that need to be get used to, a comparatively smaller boot, with more city dirves and less throwing around on the highway at high speeds, and with not much issues to take a trip to the service center often, you may look towards the Beat. Or else, if you require a hatch that can also be thrown around a highway or a football ground as you would like to, but a bit dated in looks and no rear power window, you may look towards the Figo.

You may also want to look at other cars including the Ritz, Liva and the Micra too at around this price.
Old 12th May 2012, 16:08   #514
BHPian

Last week was eventful , did a speed record on my beat , not mentioning the figures in the thread but it was more than the max speed of beat diesel i read in magazines

Mileage figures after the speed record run (297km) was 18.94 kpl (tankful method)

My beat resting after the speed run

Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review-6995159908_960005f4db_b.jpg
Old 12th May 2012, 16:38   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46
...but it was more than the max speed of beat diesel i read in magazines
crazybiker46, which instrument did you use to measure the speed? VBox, GPS device or just speedometer readings?

The highway looks awesome! Which one is it?
Old 12th May 2012, 20:51   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
crazybiker46, which instrument did you use to measure the speed? VBox, GPS device or just speedometer readings?

The highway looks awesome! Which one is it?
It was just speedometer reading, Even reading minus 10kph got to be faster

Initially i tried via GPS speedview app , unfortunately it was not working

The highway is NH44 (old name NH7) , somewhere near aralvaimozhi

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 12th May 2012 at 20:53.
Old 13th May 2012, 00:54   #517
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Last week was eventful , did a speed record on my beat , not mentioning the figures in the thread but it was more than the max speed of beat diesel i read in magazines

Mileage figures after the speed record run (297km) was 18.94 kpl (tankful method)

My beat resting after the speed run

Attachment 926596
Crazy biker - that is a nice picture!!! Poster material

Few questions;
a. Any vibrations in the car? Hope the engine us as smooth as new
b. Any rattles or noise from panels, doors etc.
c. How did the car feel at such High speeds?
d. Was the engine sounding too strained?

I asked the manager of KLN motors if I can switch to 15 inch alloys. He said it was possible and some have done it and this will not affect warranty.
Old 13th May 2012, 13:35   #518
BHPian

Quote:
I asked the manager of KLN motors if I can switch to 15 inch alloys. He said it was possible and some have done it and this will not affect warranty.
Thats great! Are you also planning on upgrading your tyres from the stock 165's (I mean to wider tyres)? I haven't yet seen a single Indian Beat with 15 inch alloys!!

Last edited by superutp : 13th May 2012 at 13:36.
Old 13th May 2012, 14:08   #519
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Thats great! Are you also planning on upgrading your tyres from the stock 165's (I mean to wider tyres)? I haven't yet seen a single Indian Beat with 15 inch alloys!!
I absolutely hate the design of the OE alloys and want to change them. I was thinking to replace them with 15 inch alloys and wider tyres. The existing front wheels look very puny when compared to the massive fender.

Since I do not want to compromise on safety, I'm bring forced to pick the LT(O). ABS and airbags are unavailable in LT even as an option. :FrustratI
Old 14th May 2012, 13:13   #520
BHPian

Finally after much deliberation, we decided on Figo diesel and went to book it yesterday but ended up booking a petrol car instead . As luck would have it, chanced upon a friend at the show room and he forced me to rethink about buying a diesel car given my average use of the car. We did some calculation (my average use per month will be around 900KMs as this being a second car which will be used by wife in city)

The OTR price difference between diesel and petrol would be around 1.3L (there is an additional insurance waiver for petrol version) and according to the calculation, it takes 4-5 years to recover this additional cost! Also the maintenance cost of petrol car will be lesser and the engine will be smoother, according to the sales manager of the Ford

So we took another TD of Figo petrol and my wife found its equally comfortable. I was so confused that I did not want to prolong the dilemma and immediately booked it Not sure if it is really a wise decision and looking forward to your suggestion.

PS: I feel really sad to forgo the Chevy Beat which only lacked the frontal visibility and boot space.
Old 14th May 2012, 13:58   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So we took another TD of Figo petrol and my wife found its equally comfortable. I was so confused that I did not want to prolong the dilemma and immediately booked it Not sure if it is really a wise decision and looking forward to your suggestion.
Going for a petrol car is indeed wise and thoughtful, considering your requirement. For low running city drives, I still do believe the diesel car is an overkill, unless you are a diesel addict (in terms of likeness towards the diesel engine, or the cost of diesel as a fuel).

But, since you have shifted your focus towards a petrol one, there were umpteen other cars than the Figo or the Beat in the race. My personal opinion (based on posts on this forum and word of mouth about Ford service), is that you cannot expect the Figo petrol to (i) return exemplary fuel efficiency inside the city and (ii) have 100% smooth experience on the service / dealership front, in comparison to a Maruti, Hyundai, Toyota or a Honda. Other pros and cons of the Figo include good handling, dated design, low initial cost, good A/C, lots of space, low ground clearance etc.

My only suggestion is not to ignore comparing other cars also. And still after comparisons, if you are sold on the Figo, go ahead. It is the car for you.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2012, 15:00   #522
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Spoke to KLN Motors today. I told the manager there that Khivraj has offered a better quote to my friend (thanks to Vinu).

I also inquired about getting insurance outside KLN. To this, the manager informed me that they are able to give us free accessories only because of the extra they get in the insurance.
Old 15th May 2012, 08:06   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Crazy biker - that is a nice picture!!! Poster material

Few questions;
a. Any vibrations in the car? Hope the engine us as smooth as new
b. Any rattles or noise from panels, doors etc.
c. How did the car feel at such High speeds?
d. Was the engine sounding too strained?

There are no vibrations , engine is still smooth and opened up now but noise levels seems to have increased , at parking speeds noise levels feels little embarrassing for me

No rattles from door , but while opening front doors there is some creaking noise may be due lack of lubrication on hinges

At high speeds due to soft suspension i always thought it will be like a boat but was better may be due to the nice road with no undulations , also felt like pulling to left a little bit

Earlier car felt strained beyond 100kph , gradually it improved to 120kph , the thrum of 3 cylinder can be very well heard beyond that

Top speed was achieved after trying three-four times , went near to 140kph mark then slowed down to 80kph , finally on last go i realized AC was on , switched off the AC and car went the extra bit .
At that speed ofcourse the engine was strained,couldn't recollect those moments ,being a risky thing , 100% concentration was on road
crazybiker46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2012, 01:02   #524

Am thinking of dumping my Palio 1.1 petrol (2007) for Beat Diesel.

Would this be a good idea?

Here are things I expect apart from mileage and fuel cost cut :

1) Availability of service centres in Chennai. Fiat/Tata service sucks !!
2) How good would the car be after 3 yrs and say 30000 KMS? I am planning to use it for say 8 yrs (70 KMS)
3) Availability of spares. Availability over the counter is even better but not sure whether you get over the counter spares for anything other than Maruti !! Fiat Palio spare are available only after wait time !
4) Lesser cabin noise. Palio petrol cabin noise and rattling is too much
5) I am 6 ft 1 inch. Can I sit in the back seat comfortably?

Thanks a ton.

I am really excited reading Beat Diesel reviews !!
Old 30th June 2012, 03:11   #525
BHPian

Quote:
I got the following quote for Beat LTO from Khivraj

Ex showroom - 5,79,770
Insurance - 20,907
Reg. & Tax - 68,977
OTR - 6,69,654
I had a 19.5k quote for Insurance for my Beat D LT at showroom. I called Bajaj Alliance and bought the policy over online for 11.5 k.

I hope this helps.
Thanks,
Jai

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks