Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2013, 09:25   #616
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

The engine malfunction lamp (orange one inside the small pod above the tachometer) of my Chevy Beat TCDi started to glow on a recent trip. The lamp went OFF by itself. I took the vehicle to Deedi Motors and they blamed it on a clogged air filter and the same was replaced.

2 days back on another trip to a hill station the same thing happened as it did earlier. I took the vehicle to Geeyem Motors, Kottayam. They diagnosed it as a result of a faulty sensor.

I am really confused. Will be taking the vehicle to Deedi tommorrow.

Any help will be valuable.

P.S: The turbo had been replaced about 3000kms back.
Old 29th November 2013, 18:33   #617
Senior - BHPian

I had given my beat diesel for 2nd year servicing today. She has done about 18k kms. When I got the car back, I noticed that while turning the steering, I can hear a tak-tak noise. I have reported back immediately, and they have scheduled a visit tomorrow. Any ideas about this noise? It wasn't there at all in the first place.
Old 3rd December 2013, 10:35   #618
Senior - BHPian

Update to my last query. Somehow the problem resolved itself! There is no noise anymore, and I have travelled about 50kms afterwards. Guess the car remembered to behave orderly!
Old 31st January 2014, 11:42   #619
BHPian

Can any fellow Bhpian help me here!

My 22K Kms (2 years old) old Beat TCDi LT (O) has an audible Fuel Pump noise. The pump sound gets amplified when the power windows are operated (load on the battery is my assumption). This is similar to what is reported in Beat Petrol. The sound if the pump is still less compared to self check.

Can anybody shed some light, if the pump is supposed to be audible while engine is running? In my Manza QJD there's no pump noise at all! However, I also assume the positioning (under rear seat) could also be the reason in Beats to have audible fuel pump sound?

Forgot add: Have already visited CASS. The pump, I assume was lubricated and sound had reduced considerably. Its slowly increasing now.

PS: I'm the second owner and not sure if it's by design!

Last edited by rahuldevnath : 31st January 2014 at 11:52.
Old 31st January 2014, 13:46   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuldevnath View Post
Forgot add: Have already visited CASS. The pump, I assume was lubricated and sound had reduced considerably. Its slowly increasing now.

PS: I'm the second owner and not sure if it's by design!
This is a very peculiar issue with Beat's. You will have to get it replaced under warranty. You will have to check if warranty can be availed since you are the 2nd owner.

Most of the members of the forum have faced this issue and have been provided replacement under warranty by GM
Mr.Beat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 14:54   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
This is a very peculiar issue with Beat's. You will have to get it replaced under warranty. You will have to check if warranty can be availed since you are the 2nd owner.

Most of the members of the forum have faced this issue and have been provided replacement under warranty by GM
Thank you!

I have known the Fuel Pump issue in Petrol Beat, that too in the initial batches. However, I wasn't aware that even the Beat D is plagued by the same issue.

So, ideally there should be no audible sound from the Fuel Pump at all, once the engine is running. Right?

I will try my luck, but as far as I understand, my Beat is officially under warranty, considering it comes with 3 years warranty (please correct me if I'm wrong) and ownership doesn't affect the warranty if all the service schedules are adhered to.
Old 1st February 2014, 14:50   #622
BHPian

Quote:
I will try my luck, but as far as I understand, my Beat is officially under warranty, considering it comes with 3 years warranty (please correct me if I'm wrong) and ownership doesn't affect the warranty if all the service schedules are adhered to.
Yes, you are right. Ownership does not affect warranty.
Topolino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 15:04   #623
BHPian

Will be giving my B for the 52,500kms service tomorrow.
Deedi Motors have given an estimate of INR 4,000/- for the service, which covers:

1. Coolant change
2. B2B check up
3. Brake cleaning

Coolant change estimate is 1.5K. . I really cant understand the logic.
Old 10th February 2014, 13:01   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Yes, you are right. Ownership does not affect warranty.
Are you sure? For Maruti vehicles, the manufacturer warranty is not transferable. Only the extended warranty is transferred.
Old 10th February 2014, 15:44   #625
BHPian

For Chevrolet vehicles manufacturer warranty as well as extended warranty is transferable to the next owner.
fazayal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 14:45   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharoncr_17 View Post
Deedi Motors have given an estimate of INR 4,000/- for the service, which covers:

1. Coolant change
2. B2B check up
3. Brake cleaning

1.5K includes the cost of Coolant as well. right? If that's the case what's surprising in it?
Old 14th February 2014, 15:47   #627
BHPian

Quote:
1.5K includes the cost of Coolant as well. right? If that's the case what's surprising in it?
1.5K is just for coolant change
sharoncr_17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 12:27   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharoncr_17 View Post

1. Coolant change
2. B2B check up
3. Brake cleaning

I think its ok. Cost break-up would likely be as follows:

1. B2B check up - i.e. paid service: approx. Rs. 1200
2. Brake cleaning - both front and rear: approx. Rs. 1000
3. Coolant change - including cost of 4.74l coolant + coolant system flushing: approx. Rs. 1500
4. Consumables + Tax: approx. Rs. 300
Topolino is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 00:50   #629

Hello All beat owners.

Just wanted to understand something. have a 42K completed beat diesel lt.
Saw some oil leakage from the top of oil sump, sump was not damaged, took the car to chevy ASS @ Kalewadi Pune.

They informed me that due to issue with bolts which were fixed by wrong adhesive at a previous service in Nashik, it took time to remove the sump, and hypencoil ( is this the correct word ? ) is required for all 4 nuts. So, the total damage to me was Rs.3500 ( 2000 for hypencoil, 600 labour, oil worth 600 and taxes )

Is this cost justified ? Also, any Pune beat owners can suggest the best service center for Chevy?

Thanks
Old 27th April 2014, 19:11   #630
Senior - BHPian

Test drove a Diesel Beat today, restricting myself to the driving experience of a diesel, there is no need to press the accelerator at all to get the car moving, just release the clutch slowly and it begins to move, there is a good push when the turbo kicks in. The steering is very light and easy to use, I tried putting it in top gear in the city, it slots into top gear at city driving speeds and that is good.

The deals offered were free insurance and extended warranty if another vehicle is given in exchange, free service for 3 years where even a light bulb if fused is replaced free of cost

According to the sales representative, Customers were reporting a mileage of 20 in the city and 24 on the highway. The cost of the clutch plate is 21,500 - even this would be replaced free if it fails within 3 years. The gear box comes with synthetic oil that does not require to be changed during the lifetime of the vehicle

Gear shifts are smooth, I found the clutch release to be jerky, don't know if it was my driving style. One can buy a basic Beat and put in a OEM music system, power windows etc.

The basic version retails for 5,82,000 with the next version coming with front power-windows and music system retailing at 6,30,000. The top end comes with all the bells and whistles at 6,70,000 and a higher version with ABS, Airbags and Alloys retailing at more than 7 lakhs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks