Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2011, 23:39   #91
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
As per AUTOCAR there is a cash discount of Rs. 25,000/- given on the petrol Beat irrespective of any variant one buys. The LT version retails for 5.09 lakhs OTR Bangalore, which comes to 4.84 L, but if they minus it from the invoice value the difference on OTR price will more than 25K. In all probabilities it should be priced at about 60K more than the petrol, effectively coming under 5.44 L, which is almost about 70K less than the Ritz Vdi, which is what I expected. And the LS may come under 5 lakhs OTR!! @ this price its a killer.
I hope your true!! if this comes at these prices plus if i get an option of extended warranty, i'm buying this car hands down!
Old 15th July 2011, 23:41   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash24 View Post
I think 5000 diesel cars in a month is realistic for the first 6 months.

However i'm worried about the FE part, how much does the petrol beat give in city? if ARAI says 18.1, and if it gives about 13 or 14 not good at all.

One of my relative owns a UVA, he gets about 11 in this car

This is another aspect i'm scared about the chevy, ARAI and their actuals have a vast difference, in maruti thats not the case i feel. ARAI says 21 for ritz, most of the owners i know get 18-19 easily.Few get 20 consistently.
Regarding FE, it is purely subjective to the driving habits and conditions.
I am getting a consistent FE of 16+ on my 15K km run Beat. The FE is average taken over a span of more than a year and 12K kms. Check my ownership review thread for more details.
I am happy with the GM service when compared to my previous service experience with Hyundai and Maruti for my previous vehicles.
Old 16th July 2011, 00:30   #93
BHPian

Quote:
As per AUTOCAR there is a cash discount of Rs. 25,000/- given on the petrol Beat irrespective of any variant one buys. The LT version retails for 5.09 lakhs OTR Bangalore, which comes to 4.84 L, but if they minus it from the invoice value the difference on OTR price will more than 25K. In all probabilities it should be priced at about 60K more than the petrol, effectively coming under 5.44 L, which is almost about 70K less than the Ritz Vdi, which is what I expected. And the LS may come under 5 lakhs OTR!! @ this price its a killer.
Are you sure about your numbers? A glance at the prices on Trident Chevrolet's site (Buy New Chevrolet Beat in Bangalore | Chevrolet Beat Car Prices) indicates that the ex-showroom price of the petrol LT is approximately 4.38 L and the OTR price for the same is close to 5.3 L .

Assuming a 60k hike in prices for the diesel, the LT should cost about 5.9 L OTR, still a healthy 20k cheaper than the Ritz VDI, but on par with the LDI.

I have booked an LT (O) with ABS and Airbags and am waiting impatiently for the prices to be announced, i expect it to be around ~6.4 L OTR, but hoping that it works out cheaper than that

With regards to the highway performance, I make frequent trips b/w Mysore and Bangalore on a regular basis in an Alto, with cruising speeds of about 80-90kmph, i think the Beat would be welcome upgrade offering more comfort and safety, higher cruising speeds with much lower running costs.
Old 16th July 2011, 01:13   #94
BHPian

Chevrolet is comparing this car directly with Ford figo & its not an easy thing considering the applauds the latter have got since its launch but does the Beat can match the sheer dynamism & Fun to drive element of Figo.
Ride quality & Highway stability of Beat is great though but i still doubt the Handling aspect of Beat.
Old 16th July 2011, 01:39   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta
Is that really you...
Why, you don't really believe I can be interested in a small car? It's called going green! I got inspired by your air-conditioned motorcycle, btw; this comment should ensure my account hasn't been hacked!

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 16th July 2011 at 01:43.
Old 16th July 2011, 01:57   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
I am getting a consistent FE of 16+ on my 15K km run Beat. The FE is average taken over a span of more than a year and 12K kms. Check my ownership review thread for more details.
I am happy with the GM service when compared to my previous service experience with Hyundai and Maruti for my previous vehicles.
great, this is encouraging to give chevy a chance.

I like the tail light treatment you have done on your car. looks good

Quote:
Do you think this is possible??

The current BEAT LS is 480951 on road in bangalore. i took the price list just 3 days ago. after the 25k discount is it about 455000 on road.

The Beat LT is 533205 on road, after discount its about 508000 on road.

For the starting few months chevy will not give any discounts on the beat. So even if i consider a 10% hike in the price,
The BEAT LS will be about 530000 on road and the BEAT LT will be 565000 on road.

I agree these prices are too high but thats what the latest Petrol price listings are talking, its almost the price of figo. If chevy does this kind of pricing, its game over!!

Last edited by v12 : 16th July 2011 at 11:19.
Old 16th July 2011, 12:16   #97
BHPian

Chevy website is up now,, with advertisement of the beat diesel.
Chevrolet Beat Diesel Car | Chevy New Beat Diesel Coming Soon
Old 16th July 2011, 15:21   #98
BHPian

Quote:
However i'm worried about the FE part, how much does the petrol beat give in city? if ARAI says 18.1, and if it gives about 13 or 14 not good at all.

One of my relative owns a UVA, he gets about 11 in this car

This is another aspect i'm scared about the chevy, ARAI and their actuals have a vast difference, in maruti thats not the case i feel. ARAI says 21 for ritz, most of the owners i know get 18-19 easily.Few get 20 consistently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Considering FE, i am getting a FE of 17-18 on highway with AC on for quite a long time. It all depends on your driving IMO. Last time i checked my Beat gave a FE of 17.23 or so with some city driving for short distances too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
I am getting a consistent FE of 16+ on my 15K km run Beat.
Here I agree with Mr.Beat and Salbin. It purely depends upon the driving skill that the driver has. When I drive my car in highways I generally get FE of 17 or 18 while my wife gets 16, since I keep a constant look at the RPM and my wife does not bother about that. In city we generally get in the range of 15.5 with 100% AC. As mentioned by you, if you give the same car to the person whom you have mentioned, they can consistently clock good FE figures. We cannot compare a UVA here, since UVA has a different configuration (space) compared to that of Beat. I also think that Beat has a new engine unlike UVA which dates back to 2007 if i am not wrong. Any UVA user would get this much only and if you look at the ARAI figures of UVA, its 15.3 and not 18.6 as is the case for Beat.

Quote:
So Folks, What do you all suggest, should we have a wait and watch approach for this car, should i buy it by september or october or Jan 2012? Or do i just buy it right now without bothering about any factors.
My usage is more in the city, maximum 1 or 2 trips on the highways every year.

If you ask me, i do not urgently require a new car, can push on the petrol car for a few months more. But if i get the car now its good too, i get a diesel car which i always wanted and my present car goes to the other members in the family who want to learn to drive.
Well if you are not that much desired for a new diesel car, wish you could wait for the market review from users, than just jumping into conclusion with a virtual world. Disadvantage here, yes you might not be the first one to have one under your belt but worth a wait is what I feel. Just my opinion..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Chevrolet is comparing this car directly with Ford figo & its not an easy thing considering the applauds the latter have got since its launch but does the Beat can match the sheer dynamism & Fun to drive element of Figo.
On the first day of this thread, everyone was comparing Beat diesel with Figo, but the fact is that it is not a direct competitor for Figo..if you come to the 2nd or 3rd page in this thread, you could find many people confirming it that, it would not be a contender for Figo but for i10 petrol and to an extent alto.. Since Figo has its own advantages to its part like the space, Beat cannot compete with Figo. The comparison was made to the next best selling small car, no other diesel cars are there in this category other than Figo. May be if there is an improvement in the rear space of Beat in the next upgrade, we can have this in cards.

Last edited by informmaha : 16th July 2011 at 15:24.
Old 16th July 2011, 16:52   #99
Senior - BHPian

For a city run about, the Beat presents a better case than any other small diesels with its compact dimensions, funky looks and negligible turbo lag. The softened suspension and the change from hydraulic PS to EPS suggest the same too. Great VFM too, I personally cant ask more from the Beat
Old 16th July 2011, 19:52   #100
BHPian

Some more pricing info - Chevrolet Beat Diesel test drive available| Zigwheels.com

Quote:
The diesel Beat is expected to be priced between Rs 4.30 lakhs to Rs 5.30 lakhs depending on the trim level. The booking amount for the car is Rs. 25,000/- with a speculative waiting period of around one month. The car will be available in four trim versions namely PS, LS, LT and LT Option, which are the same as its petrol sibling.
Going by this, the LT (O) should be 5.3 L ex-showroom + 19% = ~6.3 L OTR in Bangalore, which is still good value compared to the VDI ABS versions of the Ritz, and the Titanium Figo
Old 16th July 2011, 20:09   #101
Senior - BHPian

Test Drove the Diesel Beat today at Autovikas ( Moti Nagar ) New Delhi. The advisor told me that the bookings were open and were at 50K per booking and this besides the fact that the On road prices would be announced in about 10-12 days from now.

This dealer already had 225 bookings so far and was not promising any delivery date till the time Chevy announced the on road prices.

I was interested in the LS model and apparently it's assumed to end up ~ 4.65 lacs on Road in Delhi. All the customers present in the showroom when i went there were only interested in knowing more about the BEAT dsl.

If all goes well for Chevy as planned then this car would indeed be a GAME CHANGER in this segment ( as rightly said by GTO ).

Synopsis

Launch date - 27th July
LS on Road price - ~ 4.65
Mileage - in city approx 20 ( as claimed by the advisor )
Looks - Clone of the petrol model
Pick up - As good as petrol with 2 passengers & AC switched on
Booking Amount - Rs 50000
Delivery date - Approx 1 month after launch

PS - All the above info is as per my discussion with the advisor
Old 16th July 2011, 20:10   #102
BHPian

Confirmed today, the OTR price for Beat LT is 5.5 L for Navi Mumbai
Old 16th July 2011, 20:32   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
This dealer already had 225 bookings so far and was not promising any delivery date till the time Chevy announced the on road prices.
225 ?? or 25? Thats huge ! Hope Chevy also tastes some success and then bring us more products with such KILLER prices ! I see a 1.3MJD 4 cylinder being plonked into next gen UVA & Aveo !

Quote:
Good news and as expected !
Old 16th July 2011, 21:07   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
225 ?? or 25? Thats huge ! Hope Chevy also tastes some success and then bring us more products with such KILLER prices ! I see a 1.3MJD 4 cylinder being plonked into next gen UVA & Aveo !

Good news and as expected !
You heard it right..225 and counting it seems. I'm currently looking for a mid segment car and after TD'ing Figo , Fabia & Beat today this one surely stands as a strong contender in terms of Price & VFM.

Oh yes one thing that i forgot to mention was that Chevy might come up with CHEVY PROMISE soon..so all those Patient guys can wait and go for it once they introduce this.
Old 16th July 2011, 21:18   #105
BHPian

Quote:
If LT is 5.5 L in Navi Mumbai, in Bangalore (going by the difference in Petrol versions) it should be about 5.93L in Bangalore, not so good, Ritz Vdi is about 6.15 L OTR in Bangalore, difference of about 22K, not so good. The difference should have been at least 60K. For just 22K I am missing a lot is what I feel... or am I?

Last edited by zulfi hansi : 16th July 2011 at 21:21. Reason: wrong amount posted

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks