Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2011, 12:52   #136
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria 4x2 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
the newly announced price reduced 4x2 variant will certainly cause a fillip to Tata Aria sales. Good move I think, considering that most of the end users would prefer buying the 4x2 because they dont generally need or use 4x4 much.
this is a good vehicle to consider at the price they are now touting. no doubt that the value proposition has become more acceptable to end consumers.
I think we will be looking at good sales numbers from Aria this time. July figures for Aria are mere 328 but in August Tatas will be eying for at least doubling the numbers.
Old 19th August 2011, 09:35   #137
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_delight

I think we will be looking at good sales numbers from Aria this time. July figures for Aria are mere 328 but in August Tatas will be eying for at least doubling the numbers.
From a certain prespective while the price revision is being lauded as being more appropriate we all need to be aware that
1) since user manuals are common even the first set of models introduced had manuals that mentioned the 4X2 models and the new base model. So it is not a new strategy to counter low sales bit was always planned.
2) Also the 3.x L ex showroom difference in price of new base and top models is seen even in other vehiclesbon this price segment. If one looks at what is removed to make a base model and that it still has so much more than options in the market and that the new varients are seen to be well priced then the earlier ones too would seem to be well priced for what they offer.

Just a different take.
Old 25th August 2011, 18:47   #138
BHPian

How about this (Indigo-Aria's sister.. Arigo ) ? (lest someone get confused,this is photoshopped.. I was wondering how it would look like this, so)
anmol2k4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 21:24   #139
Senior - BHPian

Well, going by tata's strategy to make all types of cars (Sedans, Hatchbacks, UVs) an Arigo maybe on the cards some 2 years from now and launched as a Skoda / Toyota Killer in the 15 lacs range.
Old 27th August 2011, 21:51   #140
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Arigo would turn out to a SUS - Sport Utility Sedan.

It actually looks like a massive Sedan - I would at some level love a vehicle that is imposing at the front and yet seats only 5.

The ride would be wow in sedan terms but the handling would be crappy on the other hand.

Good fun though.
Old 27th August 2011, 22:09   #141
BANNED

Looks more like the BMW X6 than a sedan to me.
Old 21st December 2011, 21:27   #142
BANNED

Now, that's adding a point just for the sake of it. Half the cars in India do not have them in their base versions. So much so for Toyota's Etios - does not have a PS ! I guess we have to avoid them in the interests of cost.
Old 7th February 2012, 01:53   #143
Senior - BHPian

nothing is being spoken about the famous TASS. Afterall, no matter how good the car is, if the mechanic messes it up during the services, then what good will the car be? I honestly believe Mr. Tata should focus completely on remodeling the TASS for the benifit of Tata motors and for the benefit of the customers.
Old 9th February 2012, 14:16   #144
BHPian

I just fail to understand why Tata Motors doesn't give those Alloy wheels in every varient. Isn't it suppose to be a lifestyle crossover??? the person who is paying 10 Lakhs minimum would defenately like to have it on his vehicle. whoever is making that decision is totally wrong IMHO.
Old 10th April 2012, 15:52   #145

Guys, I have a TATA ARIA 4*2 Prestige (just completed 4500kms) and the steering wheel shakes a lot over the speed of 80kmph. Is this a known issue and if yes, is there a remedy available for this problem?
Old 10th April 2012, 18:05   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitzi17 View Post
Guys, I have a TATA ARIA 4*2 Prestige (just completed 4500kms) and the steering wheel shakes a lot over the speed of 80kmph. Is this a known issue and if yes, is there a remedy available for this problem?
Take it to the A.S.S and ask them to check the Steering assembly and Bushes. Whatever the issue is it would be covered under warranty. I feel that Steering Rod bush would be the culprit.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 19:22   #147
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitzi17 View Post
Had the Same issue with my Safari Dicor, checked the steering damper and other stuff, They wont go wrong over a few decades as per my mechanic. Went and got the wheels balanced and aligned, and was informed that my rims are Bent and thus the steering wobbles after speeds of 70 kmph. But the main culprit was wheel Balancing and Alignment

Get wheel balancing, alignment and Rotation at a reputed shop, your issue will get sorted out immediately

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 10th April 2012 at 19:23.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 14:51   #148
BHPian

Had a test drive for Aria recently .My observations are
Pros;
1. Good space inside.
2. Has great pulling power.
3. Good AC, However it was evening and inside was getting fogged up despite turning on demister.
4. A good MUV. Not replacement for safari.

Cons.
1. The vehicle is looks like an oversized manza, does not have the imposing stance of a safari (any way Aria is an MUV and Safari is an SUV)
2. Vision from driving seat is still same as a car and not a commanding position as in safari.
3. Pricing has to improve.
Old 6th July 2012, 22:26   #149
Senior - BHPian

*SPECULATION* : Tata motors to launch, Stripped down version of ARIA, Minus all the electronic gadgetry, to be priced around 8L.

I got this information from HV kumar sir's forum on FB, someone posted this and said he is 100% sure for the information

But I don't think TATA will do this, If they do then, It'll eat up the sales of Sumo Grande and Safari, plus what about new safari, won't launching aria at this price point will affect the sales of them ?

Well, let's see what TATA have in their mind, only time will tell.

Cheers,
Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2012, 10:45   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001
*SPECULATION* : Tata motors to launch, Stripped down version of ARIA, Minus all the electronic gadgetry, to be priced around 8L...

But I don't think TATA will do this, If they do then, It'll eat up the sales of Sumo Grande and Safari, plus what about new safari, won't launching aria at this price point will affect the sales of them ?
IMHO it will be a good move by Tata to monetise platform by increasing volume. At the moment it isn't doing any good, with minimal sales. And since there will be a lot more people looking for an MUV at that price point (as taxis, especially), it might do well. As far as I know, there are considerably fewer issues with the Aria, so the taxi market might pick it up as an alternative to the Innova. Maybe, if cheaper than the Innova

No one would really cross shop between the Aria and Safari, because someone looking for SUV like looks wouldn't consider an MUV and vice versa. The Sumo Grande is a dodo anyway, awaiting extinction, so they couldn't really do it any harm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks