Old 24th July 2014, 23:44   #1531
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Got some details on Jetta extended warranty:

Within - 12 to 18 months
Rs. 50701/-

Within - 18 to 24 months
Rs. 61813/-

These rates are quoted by B.U. Bhandari, Pune.

Wondering if it's worth it. If something fails in future, wouldn't the insurance cover most part of it?

EDIT: Though the dealer has not given the tax breakdown, it seems clear now that the rates quoted to me are considering 12.36% service tax. I figured that the numbers are same as the price sheet available online - http://volkswagenlive.in/volkswagenf...d_warranty.pdf

45124 + 5577 = Rs 50701/-
55013 + 6800 = Rs 61813/-

Last edited by MandarMax : 25th July 2014 at 00:05.
Old 25th July 2014, 02:13   #1532
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
Wondering if it's worth it. If something fails in future, wouldn't the insurance cover most part of it?

EDIT: Though the dealer has not given the tax breakdown, it seems clear now that the rates quoted to me are considering 12.36% service tax. I figured that the numbers are same as the price sheet available online - http://volkswagenlive.in/volkswagenf...d_warranty.pdf

45124 + 5577 = Rs 50701/-
55013 + 6800 = Rs 61813/-
Insurance only covers for damages caused due to accident, not for regular failures, whereas extended warranty covers failure of components during normal use. As many have mentioned in this thread, you never know which part in a German car would fail and how much dent it would make to your pocket. So, it is always worth to get the extended warranty.

I remember having paid only about 46K for the extended warranty, not 50.7K. So, either your dealer may be quoting high, or VW has revised the price of the EW.
Old 25th July 2014, 07:36   #1533
BHPian

For a German car, that's totally worth it. Not that they always breakdown but God forbid if they do, you are gonna be much better off having a warranty coverage. So don't think twice and go ahead with the extended warranty.
Take extended warranty and bumper to bumper zero dep. insurance and own your ride with peace of mind for 4, 5 years at least whatever your coverage period is. In that period if there is any defective component in your car, it will get replaced under warranty. And the rest you know have lasted so far and nothing much to worry about.
Old 25th July 2014, 08:12   #1534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Within - 12 to 18 months
Rs. 50701/-

Within - 18 to 24 months
Rs. 61813/-
Aren't these rates quite high for extended warranty compared to what other car makers offer?
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 08:28   #1535
BHPian

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

These rates are reasonable considering the cost of their spare parts.

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 25th July 2014 at 08:29.
Old 25th July 2014, 09:19   #1536
BHPian

Does anyone have the recent best offers on 2.0 CL in Bangalore?
Old 25th July 2014, 13:29   #1537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Does anyone have the recent best offers on 2.0 CL in Bangalore?
Check with Mysore dealer. You might be in for a pleasant surprise..

My purchase experience was very good..
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 23:45   #1538
BHPian

Quote:

Within - 12 to 18 months
Rs. 50701/-

Within - 18 to 24 months
Rs. 61813/-

These rates are quoted by B.U. Bhandari, Pune.

The the head of insurance Mr Sanjay from B U Bhandari who quoted me 64K for the extended 2 year warranty is a cheat. Can B U Bhandari quote 64K to me for a car which is less than 12 months old and 50K for between 12m to 18m. So far I've held the dealeship in high esteem given my experience right from buying the car till now. But now I'm shocked !!

He's the same chap who asked me to fork out 41K for the Bajaj allianz zero dep 1st yr renewal.

And I repeatedly told him that it's 46K for the 2 year EW but he told me that he re-read the rates and confirmed that its 64K since March'14 the rates had been revised, that's daylight cheating.

I though volkswagen had some control on thier dealers. And B U Bhandari I felt was above all this.

I better speak to the guy who sold me tha car and re-confirm this.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 28th February 2019 at 14:46. Reason: fixed quotes
hubolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 01:05   #1539
BHPian

the rates are more or less what I got in VW thane, but it is limited to 1 lac kms. I am already at 60k kms , didn't feel 50k is justified for 40k kms.
paras211 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 09:15   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
===============

I bought extended warranty from BU bhandari(Sanjay) last week for around 46k(2 years). My Jetta was bought in March this year.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 28th February 2019 at 14:47. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 27th July 2014, 11:04   #1541
BHPian

Those who are looking towards buying a new car, it is best you take the additional warranty during the delivery itself rather than pay extra later for the same. If you want the extended warranty that is.
Old 29th July 2014, 01:12   #1542
Senior - BHPian

@Ajaypjayaraj

Many who got the car (MK6) had no option to buy the additional warranty. Some of us who went with MK5 got this for free. Its not like people dont want to buy during delivery but no dealers were ready to offer.

In fact the marketing strategy in my humble opinion is to bait the buyers and switch them to buy extended warranty after a year.

And to their game plan there are enough horror stories on German cars and dealership here to force buyers to go after extended warranty.

If this was toyota, we would never be having the discussion. No one cares
Old 29th July 2014, 01:28   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Many who got the car (MK6) had no option to buy the additional warranty
..but no dealers were ready to offer.
Why is it so or is it just in Chennai people are facing this problem? Never heard of not being able to get the extended warranty during delivery of the car, till now. Haven't experienced it either while buying cars in the family. Wonder why dealers wont give an extended warranty if the customer wants it during delivery itself. What I've seen is dealers encouraging customers to take the extended warranty during delivery itself.
Old 29th July 2014, 06:38   #1544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Why is it so or is it just in Chennai people are facing this problem? Never heard of not being able to get the extended warranty during delivery of the car, till now. Haven't experienced it either while buying cars in the family. Wonder why dealers wont give an extended warranty if the customer wants it during delivery itself. What I've seen is dealers encouraging customers to take the extended warranty during delivery itself.
There was no option of extended warranty when I bought my Jetta in 2012. VW never had one. They had an EW for 1 year for the passat and even that was withdrawn. Its more like they have no confidence in their products. I am probably not going to go for the EW (@65K) as my running is very low. Done only 16K in 2 years. Maybe I will ask for a discount on EW and see if it works .
Old 29th July 2014, 10:02   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
There was no option of extended warranty when I bought my Jetta in 2012. VW never had one. They had an EW for 1 year for the passat and even that was withdrawn. Its more like they have no confidence in their products. I am probably not going to go for the EW (@65K) as my running is very low. Done only 16K in 2 years. Maybe I will ask for a discount on EW and see if it works .

Thanks for the info. Though Skoda is a VAG car I got EW when I bought one back in 2006 as well as later in 2010. And the beemer bought later too had EW option. All of the above during delivery itself. So I was under the impression that VW would be offering the same. That's a shame if they can't offer an EW when Skoda being technically the same car can offer it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks