Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2014, 10:04   #1561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
To what extent does the noise filter through if I were driving at , say 100 km/h, on well paved highways with the stereo set at moderate volume.

On a scale, say 1 being whisper quiet and 10 being the sound of old ambassador diesels, will be helpful.
Nice! A very good choice man. You I'll be amazed by the number of on lookers for the color. Everyone around would confuse you into asking if you had bought an Audi or BMW. For the road noise at 100 and moderate stereo I would rate a 6. And when you drive without stereo I would rate 9. The only issue with the tires is road noise. Believe it's not good. I myself didn't listen to the suggestions of other beloved Jetta owners. I'm only guy driving on stocks from the lot of recent guys who bought the Jetta.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 28th February 2019 at 14:51. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 21st August 2014, 10:18   #1562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Need some advice on whether I should keep the OEM tyres (I think they are Goodyear NCT5s). Some forum members (like graaja) have changed the OEM tyres.
Congrats etrast, it's a lovely car in a gorgeous shade of color.

I'd recommend you change the OEM tyres. The Good Years will get harder by 10-15k kms by most accounts and are noisier tyres.

I was riding in my boss' civic recently and was getting thoroughly annoyed by the road noise. Got down and checked the tyres later on and just as I thought, they were NCT 5's.

There are those like Hayek that are fine with it, but for the most part you'll find guys on here recommending a change. You'll get the best price when they're newest, so if you do plan to change them, do so straight from the showroom.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 28th February 2019 at 14:52. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 21st August 2014, 10:59   #1563
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
So took the plunge and booked the jetta HL AT yesterday. Delivery expected in 2 weeks.
Need some advice on whether I should keep the OEM tyres (I think they are Goodyear NCT5s). Some forum members (like graaja) have changed the OEM tyres.
What are minus points with the goodyears? I have heard that the only downside is the higher road noise. Any other minuses?
I am very sedate driver and usually do not push the car beyond 120 km/h on highways. I occasionally have to drive through dirt tracks (mostly fields).

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
-JB-
Congratulations JB, on your new Jetta. Wishing you tens of thousands of safe and fun filled miles.

Changing tires totally depends on personal preference. If you consider cabin silence as an important criteria, then you can consider changing to Michelin Primary 3STs. Even at 120kmph, the road noise could be significant. However, if you are not bothered much by road noise, then you could just keep the stock NCTs.

Also, if I understand correctly, Michelin Primacy 3ST is made of softer rubber compound and hence may have a shorter life than the NCTs (someone please correct me if I am wrong on this). You may want to consider this factor as well.
Old 21st August 2014, 12:15   #1564
BHPian

I am in the same dilemma and will be getting my car next week. I want to change the tyres and finally have zeroed in on te Pirelli p7 tyres. The cost of the change minimal and the tyres seem to be as well rated as the michelins.

Btw, have you opted for any accessories?
Old 21st August 2014, 12:31   #1565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I am in the same dilemma and will be getting my car next week. I want to change the tyres and finally have zeroed in on te Pirelli p7 tyres. The cost of the change minimal and the tyres seem to be as well rated as the michelins.

Btw, have you opted for any accessories?
May I ask where you are getting the tyres changed and what price you are getting for the OEM tyres? I am confused as to whether to switch the tyres or not. Will sleep on it for a couple of days and take a decision?

I did not get any accessories as the HL comes with everything I wanted. I plan to get floor mats online as I was told that the car does not come with any mats (Go figure )
Old 21st August 2014, 13:05   #1566
BHPian

I got the star mats a few days ago. They are not as good as the kagu mats but they are decent for the price. I am getting the tyres changed at madhus
Old 21st August 2014, 14:19   #1567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I got the star mats a few days ago. They are not as good as the kagu mats but they are decent for the price. I am getting the tyres changed at madhus

I got the same from carmatsindia online shop and not happy with it. Material is fine but fitting is not good though vehicle specific mat was ordered. Not using those mats.
Old 21st August 2014, 14:37   #1568
BHPian

I am still to try them. As long as they fit decently well I am fine. Will not use the middle rear piece
Old 21st August 2014, 22:21   #1569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did not get any accessories as the HL comes with everything I wanted. I plan to get floor mats online as I was told that the car does not come with any mats
Strange. The car comes with those soft mats attached to the buttons on the floor.

In case you are getting 3D mats go for the beige one. They appear better when dirty than the black ones which needs to be not only cleaned but polished if you want your car to not look dirty.

I made a mistake getting the black ones and i regret it for it just makes your car kinda look a bit muddy thought its speck clean.

I am paranoid of whats in the car and car seat and i almost vaccum every weekend and polish the leather once every month. Still the mats make it feel like may be its actually dirt

Get one of those powerful hand vaccum cleaner from B&D or so. Its very useful and its always there in my car
Old 22nd August 2014, 12:38   #1570
BHPian

Guys, had a query. Does the current Jetta 2.0 TDI CR engine have the twin balancer shafts?
Old 23rd August 2014, 19:46   #1571
BHPian

Any suggestions for a good place to buy the 3d maxspider mats for jetta in bangalore? I called hot tracks (supposed to be the official dealer of the 3d maxpider mats) and they quoted 10.5 K which I think outrageous.
Old 23rd August 2014, 20:20   #1572
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Any suggestions for a good place to buy the 3d maxspider mats for jetta in bangalore? I called hot tracks (supposed to be the official dealer of the 3d maxpider mats) and they quoted 10.5 K which I think outrageous.

Try Khan on +91 98-45-004858. He has his outlet in Koramangala.
Though I would suggest you go in for the 3 M mats. Especially In monsoon the 3D mats are a pain as the water from your shoes just gets accumulated on the Mat.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 23rd August 2014 at 20:24.
Old 23rd August 2014, 22:11   #1573
BHPian

Went for the PDI earlier today and I found that they have given me the RCD 320 instead of the 300+. Atleast it has Bluetooth now.

This is for the comfortline btw.
Old 24th August 2014, 17:59   #1574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buy 3D Kagu mats. They are very good. You can get for the show room for about 7k.
Old 25th August 2014, 16:26   #1575
BHPian

AM getting my car delivered on Thursday.....sleepless nights begin. The registration will be finished today itself, but due to today, tomorrow and day after being not so good days, I am being forced by my family to take the car only on Thursday.

I have already done the PDI and am super excited. Am going to change the tyres the day I get it to Pirelli's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks