Here you go... lot of options to choose from,

Exhaust Tip - http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...k6+exhaust+tip

Door Sill - http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...+mk6+door+sill
AirWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 12:30   #1922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Hi, Thanks AirWind for the information. Could you please share the product links in AliExpress for the door sill protector and exhaust tip? Did you install them yourself or got it done in a garage?
I highly recommend OEM tips. These ones will have to be screwed on, it will show a gap between the original tip and the add on. See Amar's Jetta thread and you'll know what I am talking about.

I recommend you order OEM tips from any good online portal like superskoda or ecstuning. Best option however would be ordering from the dealer. As they'll take responsibility for an OEM fit and finish.

Try this: http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTA...ust-tip-20-TDi

Or http://www.superskoda.com/octavia-ii...skoda-auto-a-s

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 9th April 2015 at 12:40. Reason: added product links
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 17:53   #1923
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Here you go... lot of options to choose from,
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I highly recommend OEM tips. These ones will have to be screwed on, it will show a gap between the original tip and the add on. See Amar's Jetta thread and you'll know what I am talking about.
Thanks for the links and info.

For the exhaust tips, as Adi recommends, I will wait for the dealer to source the OEM tips, as it looks like only OEM tips will have the best fit. This is not a high priority one and I can wait even a few months if required.

For the door sill protector, I will try with the dealer. If it is going to take time, I will go the AliExpress way. Of all the accessories I was planning, this is a "must have", as I am seeing scratches on the door sills.
Old 9th April 2015, 22:02   #1924
BHPian

Was planning a Jetta. Enquired at Ahmedabad dealer and was told that Trendline Jetta is not being manufactured by VW. Have they discontinued it or is it just a marketing gimmick? I want a diesel with safety features. Trendline Jetta is the best out there amongst others and has the best in class engine. There is only one dealer in Ahmedabad.

Highline and comfort line are out of budget. Other option is Fluence.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd April 2015 at 09:27. Reason: Typo
Old 9th April 2015, 22:11   #1925
Senior - BHPian

Was planning a Jetta with the DSG gear box. However that plan is now trashed with the NGT coming up with the proposal to ban 10 year old diesels in NCR. Hopefully the Germans will start offering the Highline with Petrol power complete with the 6 speed DSG otherwise it will be an Altis with the auto box.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 23:56   #1926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hopefully the Germans will start offering the Highline with Petrol power complete with the 6 speed DSG otherwise it will be an Altis with the auto box.
Why don't you have a look at the Octavia TSI? Recently had a test drive of both Octavia TSI, Jetta TDI and Altis CVT-i but had a lot more fun with the Octavia. Driving the 1.8 TSI was an absolute delight, very refined, oodles of power and this would be my pick between the three cars. Wish VW start providing the same engine with Jetta as well. I just did not want to get out of Octavia after the test drive , am in love with the 1.8 TSI, wish had the finances ready to get it home.

As expected, i did not like the Altis after driving Octavia. Toyota's 1.8 is no match to VW's 1.8, neither did i like the driving dynamics or interior quality. Resale and peace of mind is Altis's forte though.

What is wrong with the 7 speed DSG? VW have shifted to mineral oil and we have not had any failure reports so far. I don't think VAG will mate the 6 speed to their TSI engines anytime soon.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 10th April 2015 at 00:02.
Old 10th April 2015, 07:24   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Was planning a Jetta. Enquired at Ahmedabad dealer and was told that Trendline Jetta is not being manufactured by VW. Have they discontinued it or is it just a marketing gimmick? I want a diesel with safety features. Trendline Jeeta is the best out there amongst others and has the best in class engine. There is only one dealer in Ahmedabad.

There are two dealers in ahmedabad. One is VW Karnavati near Nehrubridge and the other is VW Ahmedabad near Science City Over Bridge.
Old 10th April 2015, 08:58   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
There are two dealers in ahmedabad. One is VW Karnavati near Nehrubridge and the other is VW Ahmedabad near Science City Over Bridge.
Ok thanks I tried searching online but couldn't find any more. Even VW website shows one dealer contact. I will do that again and get in touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

What is wrong with the 7 speed DSG? VW have shifted to mineral oil and we have not had any failure reports so far. I don't think VAG will mate the 6 speed to their TSI engines anytime soon.
Coming from Hondas and Toyota I am skeptical of DSG due to failure stories. I have driven it and its awesome. For this first time (i.e. for VW or Skoda) I would rather stick to the manual.
Old 10th April 2015, 09:08   #1929
BHPian

Agree the exhaust tips from a local store will not be a direct fit, would require screwing and it looks odd. But the exhaust tips from AliExpress are the direct snap fit kind + no screwing reqd., and look like OE at 30% of the cost - mine is even better with a blue flame tip on a white car. I dropped my car (& family) in Coimbatore last wk end and unfortunately don't have the pics to post! I will be there next wk end just in case you want to see in person!

If you still want the OE, try to buy over the counter from Skoda Millenium Motors - I would think, the tips from Laura, Yeti and Superb should be a direct fit as they share the same engine/exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Thanks for the links and info.

For the exhaust tips, as Adi recommends, I will wait for the dealer to source the OEM tips, as it looks like only OEM tips will have the best fit. This is not a high priority one and I can wait even a few months if required.

For the door sill protector, I will try with the dealer. If it is going to take time, I will go the AliExpress way. Of all the accessories I was planning, this is a "must have", as I am seeing scratches on the door sills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post

I recommend you order OEM tips from any good online portal like superskoda or ecstuning. Best option however would be ordering from the dealer. As they'll take responsibility for an OEM fit and finish.

Try this: http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTA...ust-tip-20-TDi

AirWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 14:41   #1930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Was planning a Jetta. Enquired at Ahmedabad dealer and was told that Trendline Jetta is not being manufactured by VW. Have they discontinued it or is it just a marketing gimmick? I want a diesel with safety features. Trendline Jeeta is the best out there amongst others and has the best in class engine. There is only one dealer in Ahmedabad.

Hello tazmaan and hi everyone,
Finally, my first post on T-bhp after applying for over 2 years.

there are 2 dealers in ahmedabad, automark and karnavati. I have jetta trendline only and i must admit, you are going on the right track. Trendline is the way to go when performance and safety are priority and gizmos are not. Usually they push you to opt for higher versions and considering new jetta as just about 2 months old, they would not want to sell trendline.

My experience says wait for few months, if you can and bargain hard. PM me incase you need a reference for automark. I waited for 7 months after finalizing the jetta as my next car just to get the best price. Now, with over 38K hassle and niggle free experience, i feel the wait was worth it.
thanks
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 05:27   #1931
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Agree the exhaust tips from a local store will not be a direct fit, would require screwing and it looks odd. But the exhaust tips from AliExpress are the direct snap fit kind + no screwing reqd., and look like OE at 30% of the cost - mine is even better with a blue flame tip on a white car. I dropped my car (& family) in Coimbatore last wk end and unfortunately don't have the pics to post! I will be there next wk end just in case you want to see in person!
Hi, Apologies for the delay. I was traveling the last few days and hence could not reply. Thank you for the offer to have a look at the flame blue exhaust tips in your car. As I was traveling during the weekend, I could not make it. Hope to meet you sometime in the future.

I think I will try the AliExpress ones (while waiting for the OE ones). For the price, I think there is no harm in trying.

Thank you once again for all the information and pointers.
Old 24th April 2015, 09:49   #1932
BHPian

While everyone boasts about how tuned the jetta engine is for fabulous mileage numbers, look at what I have achieved :-)
Yeah with AC on...thanks to Bangalore traffic.5 kms covered in 2 hrs 40 mins flat.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20150424_094336.jpg  

Sanjubose is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 11:16   #1933
BHPian

Meaning it barely moved... I have never had to face such traffic, but once on a railway crossing, I saw MID showing 1L/hr, which means you get AC cabin for an hour in 1 L fuel, 65 Rs. Ain't that cheap? not that I recommend such non environment friendly practice.
Old 29th April 2015, 14:42   #1934
BHPian

Forum, Is there any Jetta owner from Hyderabad who can comment on their workshop experience from getting their car serviced? After all, buying the car is a 60 minute experience, but servicing it? More like a lifetime one.....
Old 29th April 2015, 14:58   #1935
BHPian

Last week I rented a VW Jetta in Seattle, WA. It felt really under powered. From a 25MPH zone to a 45MPH zone, it would take forever to accelerate much to the frustration of the behemoth SUVs patiently trailing behind. (Automatic gearbox)

Is the Jetta version we have in India identical to the US version?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks