Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2011, 10:37   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
How much would they cost?
Without changing the rims the tyre could cost somewhere between 7k per tyre to 12K.

Changing the alloys is going be a costiler road. And remember that you ahve to change only 4 tyres as the spare rim is smaller than the alloys and it can be used as only emergency rim.

Instead of just changing the tyres, if you are really interested please check the below recommendation. The difference is less than 1% and is definitely mountable without causing any issues.

End result is a wider tyre something similar to the passat.

Tire Size for 2010 Volkswagen Jetta
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 11:26   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Without changing the rims the tyre could cost somewhere between 7k per tyre to 12K.

Changing the alloys is going be a costiler road. And remember that you ahve to change only 4 tyres as the spare rim is smaller than the alloys and it can be used as only emergency rim.

Instead of just changing the tyres, if you are really interested please check the below recommendation. The difference is less than 1% and is definitely mountable without causing any issues.

End result is a wider tyre something similar to the passat.

Tire Size for 2010 Volkswagen Jetta
Thanks. I like the alloys, so don't think I'll be changing those for now. Just the tyres, especially if they reduce road noise, and improve the ride. Any suggestions on brand/ specific models?
Old 19th September 2011, 11:36   #183
Senior - BHPian

In the previously posted link, please chose your car as 2010 TDI 2.0 for the change in recommendation.
Old 19th September 2011, 12:10   #184
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
Thanks. I like the alloys, so don't think I'll be changing those for now. Just the tyres, especially if they reduce road noise, and improve the ride. Any suggestions on brand/ specific models?
Not changing alloys is a nice decision as (i think) they look very nice. Goodyear Eagle NCT is most common OE tyre in this segment. Frankly this is pretty run of the mill type and that car surely needs better footwear. What you choose greatly depends on your driving style and comfort you need. Tyre specs can remain the same however.
Old 19th September 2011, 13:31   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

I checked out the new Jetta at VW Saket last week. I liked some styling bits, but overall design and styling look too plain jane for my taste. People spending so much on this premium car may hate the fact that it looks identical to 1/3rd price Polo from a distance.

I did not find anything to complain about quality in the cabin, if you haven't seen the previous Jetta or current Laura's interiors, you will not know what you are missing. The Interiors again are too plain jane just like the exteriors, i know this is the VW design language but for me the design is toooo ordinary. The lowest variant gets bits from Vento's cabin like the sore in the eye Audio system, though it sounds good but looks cheap for a car of this price. I really love the VW gearshift action.

Where Jetta scores over the Laura is the rear bench space, if you are looking for a car to be driven in, pick this car with your eyes closed. Boot is large but trunk has small opening for such a large boot. Laura is more practical in this aspect when the whole hatch door opens up like a hatchback to allow bigger items to be loaded.

Best part is even the lowest MT variant comes with 140hp engine and all the safety equipment. If i had to buy a 16L rupee car again, would i pick this car over Laura? Yes if i was looking for lower variant with MT, No if i wanted an AT. For the top variant my pick remains Laura L&K over Jetta Highline, just for the extra equipment, design flair and feel good factor in the cabin.

The shared CR engine and gearboxes are jewels, along with the superb Ride and Handling combo, they make these cars highly desirable, even with the known high cost of ownership.

As expected none of the VW dealerships around have test drive cars available. The staff remains arrogant as ever.

Last edited by .anshuman : 19th September 2011 at 14:05.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 14:47   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

Best part is even the lowest MT variant comes with 140hp engine and all the safety equipment. If i had to buy a 16L rupee car again, would i pick this car over Laura? Yes if i was looking for lower variant with MT, No if i wanted an AT. For the top variant my pick remains Laura L&K over Jetta Highline, just for the extra equipment, design flair and feel good factor in the cabin.

The shared CR engine and gearboxes are jewels, along with the superb Ride and Handling combo, they make these cars highly desirable, even with the known high cost of ownership.

As expected none of the VW dealerships around have test drive cars available. The staff remains arrogant as ever.
Exactly my view. Jetta Trendline MT would be my pick over Laura Ambiente MT thanks to better spec'd engine and safety equipment. Anything higher and Laura becomes more desirable with more goodies .

And yah, VW dealers are arrogant in Blr as well and none of them seem to have or willing to give test drives for the Jetta.
Old 19th September 2011, 15:24   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And yah, VW dealers are arrogant in Blr as well and none of them seem to have or willing to give test drives for the Jetta.
VW dealers in chennai are not as arrogant at least till you pay the money. May be after the money is paid they slowly get arrogant.

We have two dealers and the competetion is atleast keeping something decent.

People get a test drive at their home and you just have to call and book. As deepak chan from this forum said, he was the first one to get a test drive and guess what, he just booked a VW2011 after a week.

Guess chennai is currently lucky!!!
Old 19th September 2011, 15:57   #188
BHPian

VW Dealers in Mumbai are good!

I mentioned this in another thread and i repeat it here:
I had called up "just dial" for the VW Chembur's number. So, I got a call from VW Thane the next day. I requested them to provide me a TD once the car comes (the car had just released). I got a call from VW Thane in a couple of days and the car was sent to my residence in Ghatkopar from Thane (for those unfamiliar with mumbai, its not that near). When I TD the car, i realised i was the first (or maybe second) person they sent the car to for test drive. I was flattered.

Similar story with VW Downtown, I intimated them on phone that i was coming for the Automatic test drive.The car was already booked for test drive, still the exec went out of the way and scheduled me in immediately. The car was kept ready and I was directly given a long the test drive on the worli sea face and all the info even without having to enter the showroom.
I was very happy and VW earned the booking for the Jetta 2011!
Old 19th September 2011, 17:06   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
VW Dealers in Mumbai are good!

I was very happy and VW earned the booking for the Jetta 2011!
Lamboguy, What's the current waiting time for Trendline Jetta ? Booked mine with the Kochi dlr on 1/9 and still have no idea about delivery date. Initially promised within 10 days ,then another 10 and now no idea.

Pre-printed excuses like all deliveries are scheduled by VW and the dealer would know only after dispatch are available....
But to be fair, I was specifically asking for white colour and they did offer a silver one that came on the first lot. This could also be VW policy to get frustrated Trendline buyers to upgrade to higher models.

As seems the case with some VW dealers, the Kochi SA who handled my account, is also similar; ready to forget the client once the booking amount is paid. But again to be fair , Kochi SAs are far better than the ones at Kottayam,Kerala , owned by the same management.
Old 19th September 2011, 17:28   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmktm View Post
Lamboguy, What's the current waiting time for Trendline Jetta ?
If you would have booked the trendline Jetta Here in Mumbai, the promised delivery date was last week of September (irrespective of ANY colour). I was given an option of ready delivery of Comfortline Jetta in silver. But i went for the Leaf Silver and have to wait till Sept end.

Quote:
Booked mine with the Kochi dlr on 1/9 and still have no idea about delivery date. Initially promised within 10 days ,then another 10 and now no idea.
This is the third week of September and today morning I got a call from VW Downtown that my car has been dispatched and would be reaching the dealer's stockyard in 2 days.

Quote:
Pre-printed excuses like all deliveries are scheduled by VW and the dealer would know only after dispatch are available....

As seems the case with some VW dealers, the Kochi SA who handled my account, is also similar; ready to forget the client once the booking amount is paid.
The VW guy called me up last week just to inform that my car is half-way down the assembly line and i should expect dispatch anytime soon.

Quote:
This could also be VW policy to get frustrated Trendline buyers to upgrade to higher models.
I highly doubt that
lamboguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 17:52   #191
BHPian

[/quote]This is the third week of September and today morning I got a call from VW Downtown that my car has been dispatched and would be reaching the dealer's stockyard in 2 days.

The VW guy called me up last week just to inform that my car is half-way down the assembly line and i should expect dispatch anytime soon. [quote]

Thanks for the reply, Lamboguy. Good to hear that not all VW dealers are alike. Sure hope that EVM Kochi guys understand how professional attitude at other dealers gets appreciated and gets references...

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th September 2011 at 16:27.
Old 19th September 2011, 18:06   #192
BHPian

Great package! Though I wonder why they came up with such a bland design. It looks too much like the Vento from the front and the rear too is A4-esque. It ain't anything special. Otherwise it's better than the outgoing version I guess.
Old 20th September 2011, 14:32   #193

Had a chance to see Jetta and Vento in the parking lot of the company where i work. For me they dont look similar. May be iam seeing them very close and hence i see the diffrence. But to comment on the point that Jetta would not be a choice because it has Vento's look, i dont think its going to be once of reason having seen the both the cars next to each other
Old 21st September 2011, 17:28   #194
BHPian

Went to the VW Downtown stockyard at Panvel to have a look at 'Meine Deutsches Madchen' (My German girl). The main reason was to check out the 'different' Leaf Silver colour. Here is what i saw:

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-dsc01974.jpg

This pic reminds me of a typical Bollywood monsoon song where the actress seduces you in her white saree!
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-dsc01983.jpg

Jetta to VAG: Mommy, can i be an Audi A4?
VAG: Lets see what I can do!
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-dsc01981.jpg

The 2 younger siblings in the family.
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-dsc01975.jpg
Old 21st September 2011, 18:20   #195
Senior - BHPian

Not that we can really differentiate this color with silver from the pictures. But i saw one near the VW showroom with leaf silver. It almost feel like a mix of very minimal skoda beigish color and silver.

Cant explain but its not exactly the normal silver we see.

Great looking car there and the more you look at the rear the more the A4 comes out.

Waiting to see it in your hands with better pictures.

Most Viewed