Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2015, 20:06   #1951
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
I called trend automobiles in hosur road, sent him a picture and he is quoting 5.6K + taxes..
Do you guys think the trend automobiles guy will be able to a do a good job? The price difference is big enough for me to at least consider him.

Attachment 1369872
If he is doing it in a paint booth, using good quality paint (Standox or equivalent) and ceramic clear coat which these Euros use then I don't see why not.
Old 12th May 2015, 20:19   #1952
Senior - BHPian

Hello etrast75,
First of all its sad to see such a thing happend, VW dealership will always be expensive but you can be mostly be sure of them doing the job upto the mark,now since i am from mumbai i have no experience of trend automobiles, maybe other bhpians can help you with that, but if you plan to get it done from outside make sure you provide them with the colour code so that there is no mismatch of any kind in the colour, a sticker containing the colour code was there in my cars manual book, should be there with your car manual as well, so do look that up and provide them, if it isnt there let me know i will let you know, it was starting with LP something.
Old 14th May 2015, 13:45   #1953
BHPian

In the end gave it to trend to repair the dent and scratch. Super fast service. Took just 1 day when VW ASC wanted 4 days and would take it in only after a week. The work looks good to the naked eye. I cannot tell any difference.. Will wait and see.. Car being dark color it may be difficult to tell any slight difference in shade I guess.. Will post before and after pictures in the trend automobiles thread...
etrast75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 11:37   #1954
BHPian

Has anybody had major problems with the DSG boxes of the 2008-2010 jetta 1.9 or 2.0 L TDI.I would more specifically like to know about the PUMP DUESSE 1.9.How reliable and long lasting are these gearboxes.I believe they can be expensive to maintain or repair.
Thanks
Sam
Old 15th May 2015, 13:57   #1955
BHPian

Facing a problem last couple of days on my car , if I turn the steering wheel more than half turn after starting the car a kind of soft rubbing noise comes from between the steering wheel and nacelle area , has anyone faced this issue ? Noise is perceptibly audible when blower is on 1 , this noise doesn't come every time I turn the wheel, any idea as to the possible cause ?
Old 15th May 2015, 16:02   #1956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
Facing a problem last couple of days on my car , if I turn the steering wheel more than half turn after starting the car a kind of soft rubbing noise comes from between the steering wheel and nacelle area , has anyone faced this issue ? Noise is perceptibly audible when blower is on 1 , this noise doesn't come every time I turn the wheel, any idea as to the possible cause ?

I am no expert, but it may be either the rubber seal or the steering wheel bearing. Doesn't sound like it will require major repairs to the column. If the wheel becomes heavy, then you have a problem with the fluid.
Old 15th May 2015, 17:24   #1957
BHPian

Thanks for the quick feedback shall have it checked if it persists or increases
Old 15th May 2015, 19:53   #1958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had the same noise specially in summer. Feels like may be dryness causing the sound. For me the sound stopped once the temperature dropped. I anyway got it checked with the VW service who couldnt replicate it that easilly.

Reading TDI forums it does appear to be common and a quick google search can help you match the problem and take it to the dealer/service center.

But can confirm my MkV did make this rubberish noise like you get in a dry bearing.
Old 15th May 2015, 20:33   #1959
BHPian

Thanks for the info did not happen when I returned from office just now , will observe tomorrow morning
Old 15th May 2015, 21:04   #1960
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
I used to get this sound when the car was parked in the sun and the interiors hot. Used to go away as soon as the interiors cooled down.
Old 15th May 2015, 21:09   #1961
BHPian

My observation , so far, has been just the opposite
Old 20th May 2015, 11:26   #1962
BHPian

Booked my Silk Blue Highline MT Jetta yesterday. Now the wait begins for the delivery in the first week of June.
Old 20th May 2015, 15:59   #1963
BHPian

Congrats adentist, I observe you have put a ' cap ' and not gone whole hog on the highline,

On the steering wheel noise, issue have gone through other forums and it seems this is an often faced issue , have not yet decided whether it warrants a dealer visit, The pain of chasingthem is quite daunting, faced this noise once today and again once yesterday , observed mostly when the car is driven after a couple of hrs break
hubolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 16:23   #1964
BHPian

Hi Forum,

Need some inputs for my Jetta:

1) Whats the best tyre pressure all round for Indian roads?
2) Does filling tyres with nitrogen help in any way, I have been seeing mixed reviews.
3) In my Jetta at the moment, I have to slow down to a trickle when going over flyover section joints, else I get a jarring thud, is this the case with others? On undulating roads the Jetta does not show any signs of getting affected.
4) Coming from a petrol car, the diesel car behaves in totally different way, on low speeds the engine is not that refined, and is a bit laggish. Then the turbo kicks in and its as if a monsters wakes up, but still I do not find that smooth refinement of the petrol. Am I doing something wrong or is it just the petrol engine versus diesel engine conundrum?

All inputs appreciated.
Old 2nd June 2015, 20:36   #1965
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
Hi Forum,

Need some inputs for my Jetta:

1) Whats the best tyre pressure all round for Indian roads?
2) Does filling tyres with nitrogen help in any way, I have been seeing mixed reviews.
3) In my Jetta at the moment, I have to slow down to a trickle when going over flyover section joints, else I get a jarring thud, is this the case with others? On undulating roads the Jetta does not show any signs of getting affected.
4) Coming from a petrol car, the diesel car behaves in totally different way, on low speeds the engine is not that refined, and is a bit laggish. Then the turbo kicks in and its as if a monsters wakes up, but still I do not find that smooth refinement of the petrol. Am I doing something wrong or is it just the petrol engine versus diesel engine conundrum?

All inputs appreciated.
1. I have been using a pressure of 33psi all around, with me and my wife in the front and 2 kids in the rear. I find this to give a balance between good grip and fuel economy. I haven't tried any other combination yet.
3. I too hear the thud sound while going on flyovers in the highways. Not sure if this is expected behavior.
4. As far as I know, you cannot expect the same refinement from a diesel engine as from petrol. I usually find the cabin to be very silent when the upshift happens and the RPM is around 1000 to 1100. While driving sedately inside city, I try to keep the RPM in this band, and it is very relaxing (of course the lag is there). From 1100 to 1800RPM, the engine sounds a little rough, and after 1800RPM, once the turbo spools up, it is pure bliss!
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed