Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2016, 21:14   #2341
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Check this and see if this helps. It may work exactly as he says.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 21:31   #2342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
How old was the manufacturing date? It may be due to a hardened rubber /silica over a period of time. Anyhow you should make a lot of noise about this and ask for replacement.

Tires were from 4615 batch. That is very new according to me. Complaint has been raised. Got a sms from Michelin regarding the same. Problem is I am out of town for next 2 weeks without any mobile connectivity. Can't talk to them. Lets see.

But yes the road noise was definitely on the lower side.
Old 12th February 2016, 16:07   #2343
BHPian

I spoke to the service centre they asked me for the vin number and the player SL no to share the code , unfortunately the code was not pasted on the manual ( which the service centre also told me to check) . now I need to get my hands on a torx20 screwdriver to remove the player and get to the Sl no most shops don't stock this tool
Old 12th February 2016, 16:36   #2344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
I spoke to the service centre they asked me for the vin number and the player SL no to share the code , unfortunately the code was not pasted on the manual ( which the service centre also told me to check) . now I need to get my hands on a torx20 screwdriver to remove the player and get to the Sl no most shops don't stock this tool
t20 Torx (star pana in local handyman terminology) will be easily available at hardware shops, most probably Taparia brand. Its also available on Amazon.
Old 12th February 2016, 17:09   #2345
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Can anyone confirm if your jetta shows, "Welcome to your jetta" once you switch on the ignition? For me it only shows, "Volkswagen Information System".
Old 12th February 2016, 18:50   #2346
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer

My 2010 mkv shows VIS only. I guess it's some coding that can updated in the player to enter any welcome text. And mind that mine is an old version of RCD510 which won't even allow songs to be forwarded or changed via unit head.

The newer RCD with BT has the capability to make those changes. Hope you are having the newer RCD 510
Old 12th February 2016, 20:49   #2347
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Tanveer

My 2010 mkv shows VIS only. I guess it's some coding that can updated in the player to enter any welcome text. And mind that mine is an old version of RCD510 which won't even allow songs to be forwarded or changed via unit head.

The newer RCD with BT has the capability to make those changes. Hope you are having the newer RCD 510
I think Tanveer is referring to welcome note indicated in the MFD of the cluster. It does indicate Welcome to your Jetta IIRC.

And AFAIK, no RCD HUs will let you make the changes to the boot screen displayed at the startup. Only the RNS unit does.
Old 12th February 2016, 23:07   #2348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tanveer

I was referring to the welcome note which comes on the MFD actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I think Tanveer is referring to welcome note indicated in the MFD of the cluster. It does indicate Welcome to your Jetta IIRC.

And AFAIK, no RCD HUs will let you make the changes to the boot screen displayed at the startup. Only the RNS unit does.
For me it doesn't indicate welcome to your jetta, Have a look at the video below, Unlocking the car, Sitting inside will have the car seen on the MFD and the rest can be seen in the video.

Old 13th February 2016, 01:41   #2349
Senior - BHPian

It'd be quite nice if the message said, "Welcome to your Jetta", wouldn't it? I get the Volkswagen Information Service message too on startup. Not a heartbreaker, but still, shame.
Old 13th February 2016, 01:45   #2350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
It'd be quite nice if the message said, "Welcome to your Jetta", wouldn't it? I get the Volkswagen Information Service message too on startup. Not a heartbreaker, but still, shame.
Yea seriously, I would love to have it, I will try and see if it can be done via coding, Waiting for my VCD cable (15.7 version), Will try and see then what can be done. Will hit you up if i am able to do it

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-vwjetta06.jpg

I like !
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 02:46   #2351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For me it doesn't indicate welcome to your jetta, Have a look at the video below, Unlocking the car, Sitting inside will have the car seen on the MFD and the rest can be seen in the video.
I confirm that mine says only VIS. I think the newer Jetta comes with the welcome to Jetta message.I am not sure if parts have changed, but would a firmware be the difference between these two MFD's

What we have is definitely MFD Plus for we have the convenience menu itself. I am not even sure if adding features like Fatigue assist, lane departure is 1) Possible 2) will be displayed in the MFD.

Any information anyone can gather on MFD firmware would be great. An interesting link while searching.

http://jimmy-cbx.blogspot.com/p/mid-...e-cluster.html

And another interesting cheaper option than VCDS for some changes. Damn google.

http://www.caristaapp.com/hardware/

Last edited by VW2010 : 13th February 2016 at 02:57.
Old 13th February 2016, 09:07   #2352
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Waiting for my VCD cable (15.7 version), Will try and see then what can be done.
I can guarantee you, VCDS will not let you do this. I wanted to change the welcome note on my MFD as well (to remove the 'depress clutch to start' part) and from the research I did back then, figured out that it has something to do with changing the hexadecimal values through an EEPROM editor/programmer. Ditto for changing the type of car displayed in the MFD (hatchback, sedan etc).
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 20:03   #2353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What we have is definitely MFD Plus for we have the convenience menu itself. I am not even sure if adding features like Fatigue assist, lane departure is 1) Possible 2) will be displayed in the MFD.
Display for fatigue assist is surely compatible with our MFD, I have checked it on my car. So there cannot be any issues with our MFD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I can guarantee you, VCDS will not let you do this. I wanted to change the welcome note on my MFD as well (to remove the 'depress clutch to start' part) and from the research I did back then, figured out that it has something to do with changing the hexadecimal values through an EEPROM editor/programmer. Ditto for changing the type of car displayed in the MFD (hatchback, sedan etc).
Oh my, Thats a little sad to hear, Thanks for confirming though, Will rather spend the time in trying to activate some other features though, Specially TPMS!
Old 16th February 2016, 17:42   #2354

Hey VW2010,

I might need your buddy's services. Can i have his contact details please? I have a Jetta as well and face the exact same brake issues.
Old 16th February 2016, 21:16   #2355
Senior - BHPian

Can you share your mobile number and details. I will ask him to call you directly. I will be talking to him today for a personal stuff and will be sharing another members details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks