Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2016, 12:11   #2356

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Can you share your mobile number and details. I will ask him to call you directly. I will be talking to him today for a personal stuff and will be sharing another members details.
9500112228 is my #. Thanks much for the help.
Old 22nd February 2016, 11:55   #2357
BHPian

Hi Forum,

Need some quick tips for giving my Jetta a once-over before a long journey later this week:

1) I noticed engine oil is quite low, just 1-2 mm above the minimum mark. This is strange, as if I understand correctly, a car should not just lose engine oil like this. Engine oil was topped up in my Jetta 6 months back as a part of the 6-month checkup. Since then, I have had only one seriously long drive to Goa, besides weekend runs to the mountains once a month. My dad says there is something wrong, can other Jetta owners confirm their engine oil consumption patterns? On a similar note, I would need to top this up before the drive this Wednesday, which engine oil should use? Which brand is recommended by VW? I remember seeing some castrol variant in their service center, but cannot remember the exact version.

2) Same question about coolant, I think I might have to top up some coolant as well.

Regards
Old 22nd February 2016, 12:01   #2358
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
Hi Forum,

Need some quick tips for giving my Jetta a once-over before a long journey later this week:

1) I noticed engine oil is quite low, just 1-2 mm above the minimum mark. This is strange, as if I understand correctly, a car should not just lose engine oil like this. Engine oil was topped up in my Jetta 6 months back as a part of the 6-month checkup. Since then, I have had only one seriously long drive to Goa, besides weekend runs to the mountains once a month. My dad says there is something wrong, can other Jetta owners confirm their engine oil consumption patterns? On a similar note, I would need to top this up before the drive this Wednesday, which engine oil should use? Which brand is recommended by VW? I remember seeing some castrol variant in their service center, but cannot remember the exact version.

2) Same question about coolant, I think I might have to top up some coolant as well.

Regards

What was the level before? I would not worry too much. Best is to check after car has been standing overnight. My Jetta has been fine. Expect some oil to be consumed during first 10,000 km
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 12:07   #2359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
What was the level before? I would not worry too much. Best is to check after car has been standing overnight. My Jetta has been fine. Expect some oil to be consumed during first 10,000 km
Thanks Ajmat, I am afraid I did not check the level after the 6-month top-up. Yes I checked this morning, the car has been in the parking overnight.

I guess since its a long drive (almost 400 kms one way), it would be best to top it up before I start? Can you point me to which engine oil, I guess it was castrol magnatec I saw on display there. Not sure if 5W-40 or 10W-40 is recommended for the Jetta.
Old 22nd February 2016, 12:53   #2360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
I guess since its a long drive (almost 400 kms one way), it would be best to top it up before I start? Can you point me to which engine oil, I guess it was castrol magnatec I saw on display there. Not sure if 5W-40 or 10W-40 is recommended for the Jetta.
Castro Magnetic Professional: 5W-40

It is normal for this engine to consume some oil before first service. Consumption is a bit more if the car is driven mainly in city traffic.

Nothing to worry.

But please don't add excess oil. Excess oil in the engine, is much more harmful then having a bit less oil.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 23:38   #2361
Senior - BHPian

Can anybody confirm if the iphone Media In cable giving along the car charges the phone even if the car is turned off?
Old 26th February 2016, 23:52   #2362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Can anybody confirm if the iphone Media In cable giving along the car charges the phone even if the car is turned off?
I have not tried. But logically it may not.

Once ignition key is removed, power to all 12v sockets are cut-off and even to the HU. As the media cable runs through the HU, it should not work.

OT: one device I have seen which support active USB charging after being turned off is the HP laptops.

But if you just turnoff the engine and don't remove the key, HU will be on and the phone can be charged..
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 07:37   #2363
BHPian

Not sure about he Jetta, but the 12V sockets stay powered on even if the key is removed in the Ecosport.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 07:45   #2364
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
No. It does not. Once the key is removed, power is removed to the media cable. I have verified this on my Jetta.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 17:25   #2365
BHPian

Had a testdrive of the CL diesel today. Man I love this car.
April cannot come soon enough.

Currently VW PalaceCross is offering Rs. 70000 cash discount + Rs. 10000 Corp. discount + Rs. 20000 exchange bonus.

Is this on par with other dealers elsewhere?

Also, there was a thread about lesser known features in the Polo / Vento? Can anyone give me a link. I am unable to find it. These features should also be part of the Jetta right?
Old 2nd March 2016, 19:05   #2366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Had a testdrive of the CL diesel today. Man I love this car.
April cannot come soon enough.

Currently VW PalaceCross is offering Rs. 70000 cash discount + Rs. 10000 Corp. discount + Rs. 20000 exchange bonus.

Is this on par with other dealers elsewhere?
I am not sure. But try KPN Cars Mysore. Their service is good.

Tyre-2 city dealers are more hungry for orders and may offer you a better deal.
Old 2nd March 2016, 19:16   #2367
BHPian

Would like that too. But this car will be a lease, and has to be taken at Bangalore.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 16:04   #2368
BHPian

My Jetta CL MT is a year and a half old. I did a 7500 kms checkup and the first service at the One year mark. Now at 15K the MID tells me to "Inspect now". Is it critical that I take it for the inspection, otherwise will it reflect on my service history ?
Old 3rd March 2016, 19:00   #2369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
My Jetta CL MT is a year and a half old. I did a 7500 kms checkup and the first service at the One year mark. Now at 15K the MID tells me to "Inspect now". Is it critical that I take it for the inspection, otherwise will it reflect on my service history ?

They didn't reset your car's service interval. You wouldn't have driven more than 2000 kms since last service, right? I think it just needs a reminder reset.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 21:42   #2370
Senior - BHPian

Did not know jetta came with a warning for low battery key as well!

It seems the battery of my key is running low and hence i get a notification on MFD. Pretty sweet.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks