Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2016, 13:07   #2626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
The official Volkswagen site and the brochure(in the 2014 models)clearly states that there is a brake pad wear indicator on all the trims(only for the front wheels though). However, I will have to check physically to see whether there is an indicator or a warning on the MFD.

I think that flashing a torch on the instrument cluster should reveal all of the indications present on it.

cheers,

vishy76

Its there, Just like the lane keep assit and several other indicators, you can see them under bright sun light, But it doesnt light up while starting the car, Maybe it just comes on if the brake pad has worn.
Old 12th June 2016, 13:49   #2627
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Why don't you check if it is enabled in VCDS under Instruments, Long Coding? I can see it in the Polo's settings.
Old 12th June 2016, 13:57   #2628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Why don't you check if it is enabled in VCDS under Instruments, Long Coding? I can see it in the Polo's settings.

I was trying to remember the same if i had seen it in the long coding, I dont have a cable with me right now, If anyone has the cable could check it out, I'll post here when i can check it.
Old 19th June 2016, 19:09   #2629
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Just curious to know when the,"Top up washer fluid" warning comes on, Does it make a chime? Like it does when your low on fuel? Or does it just shows the yellow light and information on MFD with no chime?
Old 19th June 2016, 19:18   #2630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Guys, Just curious to know when the,"Top up washer fluid" warning comes on, Does it make a chime? Like it does when your low on fuel? Or does it just shows the yellow light and information on MFD with no chime?
It just a yellow light. Mine does not make any chime
etrast75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 21:12   #2631
Senior - BHPian

VW Palace Cross claimed (on phone), that they don't have any Jetta in showroom and all VW dealers are busy with the launch of Ameo ?? Don't know if its specific to them ...
Old 19th June 2016, 23:22   #2632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
It just a yellow light. Mine does not make any chime

Thanks! Should be like this only then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
VW Palace Cross claimed (on phone), that they don't have any Jetta in showroom and all VW dealers are busy with the launch of Ameo ?? Don't know if its specific to them ...

VW doesn't sell the Jetta like a polo or vento, You need to look around contact a couple of dealers and try to get your hand on a TD car, Its highly unacceptable though that we need to put in efforts just to have a look and test drive a car which should be given easily to the customer..
Old 20th June 2016, 00:56   #2633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me know if you are still looking. I can pass on to you the sales guy i bought my Jetta from VW Hosur Road
Old 20th June 2016, 23:47   #2634
BHPian

Quote:
Just spoke with someone who has been in touch with 2 dealers WV Hosur Rd and one in KR Puram, and they both have stock, but for a color of your liking might have to wait. Since Jetta and Ameo are in completely different categories, can't understand why a dealer will hold one for other.
Old 21st June 2016, 06:32   #2635
BHPian

Quote:

Agreed that they are busy with the Ameo launch. But doesn't mean that they're holding out on the Jetta to sell you the Ameo. A majority of them are in Pune from what I heard last.
There will be someone to take your request. Otherwise drop in at the showroom directly.
For what it's worth, I did see a CL Jetta displayed at the Hosur Road showroom.
Old 23rd June 2016, 20:00   #2636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Agreed that they are busy with the Ameo launch. But doesn't mean that they're holding out on the Jetta to sell you the Ameo. A majority of them are in Pune from what I heard last.
There will be someone to take your request. Otherwise drop in at the showroom directly.
For what it's worth, I did see a CL Jetta displayed at the Hosur Road showroom.
Right, I know but VW and Skoda can surprise you no matter what. Will try VW whitefield or Hosur road.

Is there a Jetta refresh planned in a year or so ?
Old 23rd June 2016, 21:18   #2637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Not until next year end, VW will be launching the New passat and the tiguan first. New majorly facelifted jetta is still some time away.
Old 23rd June 2016, 21:34   #2638
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Not until next year end, VW will be launching the New passat and the tiguan first. New majorly facelifted jetta is still some time away.
The two big markets for the Jetta are US and China. VW need to first figure out how to relaunch their brand before the new models, the Jetta being one of them.

Being assembled in Mexico, it may not be MQB based as the factory is not MQB configured if I am correct.

Last edited by ajmat : 27th June 2016 at 13:52.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 22:55   #2639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The two big markets for the Jetta are US and China. VW need to first figure out how to relaunch their brand before the new models, the Jetta being one of them.

Being assembled in Mexico, it may not be mQB based as the factory is not MQB configured if I am correct.
Amen to that, atleast there will not be any compromises on the solid build of the current gen version, or sadly they might just tool up the Mexican plant as well.
Old 23rd June 2016, 23:44   #2640
Senior - BHPian

Yes, according to SA at the dealership with whom I have been interacting for the past fortnight or so. A facelift is expected around Diwali and he reconfirmed the same post his trip to Poona last week.

Quote:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks