Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2016, 21:40   #2686

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

I found a link to enable CarPlay on MIB ii (Discovery media) on Jetta using vag-tech. Though I have not tested it, it would great if someone to test it out us avid Jetta fans. I am keenly awaiting to enable it on my car.

Link given below:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...6330?_k=1xz9ap
Old 13th September 2016, 12:26   #2687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet black View Post
I found a link to enable CarPlay on MIB ii (Discovery media) on Jetta using vag-tech. Though I have not tested it, it would great if someone to test it out us avid Jetta fans. I am keenly awaiting to enable it on my car.

Link given below:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...6330?_k=1xz9ap
Checked how to enable developer settings, which is required to bring about the green menu. I am able to access 5F, but unable to Turn on developer mode.

Moreover, now USB drives are not getting detected. I will try to reset the settings in a while and update.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 09:56   #2688

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Checked how to enable developer settings, which is required to bring about the green menu. I am able to access 5F, but unable to Turn on developer mode.

Moreover, now USB drives are not getting detected. I will try to reset the settings in a while and update.
Found another link(in case you have not checked this out.) Wish I had vagtech to try these myself. Sorry to load you with it.

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...s-on-MIB-units

Have to buy vagtech and the attachment (any advice?)
Old 15th September 2016, 16:57   #2689
BHPian

Quick 2nd year summary of T-Blue Jetta Highline TDI DSG

Just took it back after service. 2nd service set me back by 14.5K including alignment, balancing, tire rotation etc apart from the oil and filter changes.

Drove around 10000 kms in the second year.
Best mileage : 17.28 kmpl
Worst mileage : 10.98 kmpl
Average : 14.52 kmpl

all mileage done using tankful to tankful calculation. 60% city driving and 40% highway driving

Cost/km (does not include insurance although I should include it) works out to around 5 rupees with 3.59 for fuel and 1.41 for service. Spent around 37K for fuel last year with minimum price of 45.86 and max of 58.70 per liter.
Add around Rs 5 for insurance per km driven in this case.

The car has been trouble free except for the whistling noise coming when starting cold and ta slow speeds.The noise would go away once I pick up speed and the engine warms up. This time around the service center said it was due to loose AC hose/belt and that they have fixed it.. Lets see what happens.

Had one minor accident last year when a truck brushed against the front driver side bumper while waiting at an intersection. Claimed insurance and paid about 3.5K out of pocket. no dep insurance worked.

The joy of driving around an AT in the maddening traffic of bangalore cannot be overstated.
etrast75 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 09:22   #2690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet black View Post
Found another link(in case you have not checked this out.) Wish I had vagtech to try these myself. Sorry to load you with it.

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...s-on-MIB-units

Have to buy vagtech and the attachment (any advice?)
Looks like these changes are available only on the latest beta of VCDS.
I and several others on this forum have the Chinese version of the cable and VCDS which is limited by only one version of the software.

That being said, anyone tried using Carista here? Does it have all the VCDS features? And will it work with a OBD dongle like so?

Last edited by bharat4ever : 16th September 2016 at 09:28.
Old 26th September 2016, 17:28   #2691
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like these changes are available only on the latest beta of VCDS.
I and several others on this forum have the Chinese version of the cable and VCDS which is limited by only one version of the software.
I just got my Jetta back from first Oil service, where I had also requested for;
- Enable Needle Sweep,
- Change Indicator blinks to 5
- Enable CarPlay

As expected, all were rejected. It seems they don't know how to do these technically - rather, only VW engineers can perform these. Now I wonder who're these guys then ?

:(
Old 26th September 2016, 21:22   #2692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsbhp View Post
I just got my Jetta back from first Oil service, where I had also requested for;

- Enable Needle Sweep,

- Enable CarPlay

As expected, all were rejected.
What a load of rubbish. I don't know about enabling CarPlay ( I believe it's activated via a code at the dealership), but needle sweep, changing indicator blinks and so many more functions can be done via the VAG-COM cable just by enabling the right options in VCDS. Find someone with the cable in your city (maybe even a Team-BHPian) and it'll be done in a jiffy.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 21:30   #2693
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsbhp View Post
- Enable Needle Sweep,
- Enable CarPlay

As expected, all were rejected. It seems they don't know how to do these technically - rather, only VW engineers can perform these. Now I wonder who're these guys then ?

:(
The problem is, the VAG diagnostic software is very complicated unlike VCDS which looks like a video game in comparison. The UI is very intuitive for the VCDS, easy to browse through the various modules and enable/disable the function. I'm not surprised they didn't do a thing. Like Karan posted above, see if you can get someone with a VCDS cable.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 08:33   #2694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The problem is, the VAG diagnostic software is very complicated unlike VCDS which looks like a video game in comparison. The UI is very intuitive for the VCDS, easy to browse through the various modules and enable/disable the function.
That's a fair point you raise Gannu, but these are professionals that surely know or can figure out a way around the system. I guess it's just a directive passed down to them that they aren't to fiddle around and activate all these little features.
Old 27th September 2016, 21:03   #2695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
That's a fair point you raise Gannu, but these are professionals that surely know or can figure out a way around the system. I guess it's just a directive passed down to them that they aren't to fiddle around and activate all these little features.
I spoke with the Service again yesterday late, and he came up with reasoning that such a change (of configuration) will void warranty!! Didn't want to argue, so will look for VCDS cable (Bharat, will connect with you sometime).

MIB firmware seem to have got an upgrade, but visibly the only difference is that in stand-by mode it shows a nice analogue clock. On the flip side, the display is not switching off, but guess that's fie.
Old 29th September 2016, 09:58   #2696
BHPian

Not sure when the VIN check came up on the indian site, but I checked it now only.
Name:  1AWsXqn.png
Views: 1336
Size:  70.8 KB

Ok then, time to wait for their call.
Old 29th September 2016, 12:32   #2697
BHPian

I checked mine. She is a part of the recall as well.

"We would like to re-iterate that your vehicle remains technically safe and roadworthy and complies with the applicable norms".

Above statement doesn't say anything about the impact on performance and fuel economy so they will surely take a hit. I will try my best to avoid the software update.
Old 29th September 2016, 12:47   #2698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Above statement doesn't say anything about the impact on performance and fuel economy so they will surely take a hit.
My concern exactly. Have sent them a mail asking for the exact power figures post completion of the recall, but I doubt I'll get anything beyond a boilerplate response. They keep on reiterating that nothing is wrong with the car, but are keen to get all those affected in and fixed. I don't get their refusal to show contrition or any kind of humility and admit that something went wrong somewhere down the line. I really wish VW had handled this with more honesty and humility. Putting their heads in the sand and saying nothing is wrong is not the approach I would have expected them to take.
iliketurtles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 13:27   #2699
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure when the VIN check came up on the indian site, but I checked it now only.
Could you please share the link/url ? I couldn't find it on their website.
Old 30th September 2016, 13:46   #2700
BHPian

Here you go.
http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/value...ce-action.html

Click on VIN check above.
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-20160930_133833.png

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks