Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2017, 21:10   #3031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
option with CarPlay + Android Auto ($250).
Could you please help with a link for the same?
Old 28th October 2017, 21:53   #3032
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Could you please help with a link for the same?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Crng...460.0.0.wFx9on
Old 30th October 2017, 13:52   #3033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
In hindsight, that would have been the right thing to do. Now I am thinking about getting the mess created by Karnavati fixed at Automark.
As they say "If aint broken, dont fix it", something like that. Well, my jetta's headlights, though halogen has not seen condensation atleast in ahmedabad weather since last five years. But as they say its normal.

Regarding door noise or suspension, i report this every year i give it to service, they do something which lasts about 2-3 weeks and then issue arises again. I have now learned to live with it. Atleast the door doesn't rattle at speeds on expressway.

I have only one experience at karnavati regarding buying a used GT TSI recently. It had a dent on roof (probably by monkey) and left side powerwindow not working. These too in a car less than 1 year old. I called off the deal the moment the guy said you buy the car in the state you just saw. Then put it in my service centre for repair. I wonder what they thought of me., that too i am Gujju, comeon guys.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 14:01   #3034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Is the headlight condensation in the pics below normal? Has anyone faced it? Does the owners manual say that it is normal?
Absolutely normal and not limited to cars with projectors or HIDs. My aftermarket headlights in the Swift had this problem, wife's i10 (non projector headlights), BIL's Jetta (non projectors), his friends Q5. I happened to see a Q7's headlights condense so badly yesterday at a car wash. Switch on the headlights for a while and it should be normal. You can also open the rubber cap behind the headlights but I wouldnt suggest that since it can attract dust inside the lens. I used to do this on my Swift initially.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 14:15   #3035
Distinguished - BHPian

My Jetta was about to complete 3 years on 28th November this year, but the battery conked off today. When I say conked off, it just gave way straight off.

The car stalled thrice even after bump starting and allowing the battery to charge.

One of the cells was found to be severely damaged and the battery was replaced with an SF sonic of the same size.

Two lessons learnt here:

- Always carry a battery tender or at least lay the battery to rest when it crosses 30 months of age. It took 3-4 people to get the car bump started each and every time it stalled, obviously it does weigh a hefty 1.5 tonnes

- Use the car more frequently

Mine is also a VARTA battery but it served me well for the 3 years it was with me. It let me down once when my chauffeur drained it by charging his phone, but that is human error.

Regards,
Vishy

Last edited by vishy76 : 9th November 2017 at 14:16.
vishy76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 20:09   #3036
BHPian

Volkswagen seems to have revamped their website. But if the Jetta is discontinued why do they have a link to that model?

https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/models/jetta.html
Old 17th November 2017, 18:33   #3037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
My Jetta was about to complete 3 years on 28th November this year, but the battery conked off today. When I say conked off, it just gave way straight off.

The car stalled thrice even after bump starting and allowing the battery to charge.

One of the cells was found to be severely damaged and the battery was replaced with an SF sonic of the same size.

Two lessons learnt here:

- Always carry a battery tender or at least lay the battery to rest when it crosses 30 months of age. It took 3-4 people to get the car bump started each and every time it stalled, obviously it does weigh a hefty 1.5 tonnes

- Use the car more frequently

Mine is also a VARTA battery but it served me well for the 3 years it was with me. It let me down once when my chauffeur drained it by charging his phone, but that is human error.

Regards,
Vishy
Faced this while I did not use my car for 7-8 days. It took 3-4 cranks to start the car and then I realized the battery is 2.5 years old already. Since I bought this used, I did not bother much and bought a brand new Amaron as replacement.
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 02:26   #3038
BHPian

Hey Guys,
I am looking for a Resale Jetta in Pune.
Checked out a few dealers and OLX.
There are a bunch of Jettas (Year 2014), all were owned by VW only.
ODO are in range of 50 K to 80K and the quoted prices are about 12 L to 15 L.

Wanted your advice/ opinion if I should go ahead with these cars?

Also, Is there any known failure with the gearbox (DSG) or Turbo or water pump etc in Jettas manufactured in this time frame?

And the last question, Is the price justified?

Last edited by NitinMakhija : 18th November 2017 at 02:28.
Old 18th November 2017, 07:41   #3039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinMakhija View Post
Hey Guys,
Did you look at this 2016 manufactured Jetta:http://www.omcars.in/cardetails.aspx?stock=1131970

I was in the same boat this year. Finally booked a Compass though .
Old 18th November 2017, 11:02   #3040
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Also, Is there any known failure with the gearbox (DSG) or Turbo or water pump etc in Jettas manufactured in this time frame?

I purchased a Aug 2014 manufactured pre-owned DSG Jetta in Oct 2015. It had clocked 25k then. Odo is around 50k now and I haven't faced any issue with Dsg, turbo or waterpump. The only premature failure was a speaker which was replaced free of cost under warranty within an hour. I closed the deal for 15.4L (RTO, zero dep insurance included).

Hope it helps.

PS: A wide grin is plastered on my face whenever I sit inside the car. It is an extraordinary automobile.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 22:01   #3041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,

As I had said earlier, Jetta is mechanically sorted car except "Water pump" issue which is present even in Superb. Thankfully, its not a costly affair (7-8k). What you need to worry about is electronics. This is the area where a lot of German cars fall short. Just couple of days back my rear right ABS sensor gave up. Dealer quoted 4K + labor, while I got it fitted at 850 + labor from FNG.

I have VCDS cable which pin pointed exactly which sensor was malfunctioning and that made the troubleshooting very easy.
Old 23rd November 2017, 08:05   #3042
BHPian

Just wanted to check if anyone has changed their headlight bulbs to LEDs on the comfort line and if so which bulbs did you use.

Also do they work well?
Old 23rd November 2017, 08:27   #3043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Just wanted to check if anyone has changed their headlight bulbs to LEDs on the comfort line and if so which bulbs did you use.

Also do they work well?
Check out www.powerbulbs.com for options and reviews. I found them to not only offer wide choice, but they were also the cheapest AND provided amazing customer service. They ship from the UK.

I just replaced my bulbs with Philips Vision Plus since I wanted a higher performance bulb that was not too "white".

BTW, I have no association with power bulbs except as a very satisfied customer
Old 23rd November 2017, 10:46   #3044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post

Also do they work well?
The LEDs either have a small fan or heat sink attached to them. Jetta headlight assembly has a big round cap to make sure moisture/water does not get in. Not sure how the heat-sink or fan of LED can be accommodated in such case.
Old 23rd November 2017, 10:59   #3045
BHPian

That's exactly why I was asking. Secondly, not too many videos on YouTube on this modification. That's why I was a bit confused on whether it will work or not. If it does would love to have LED in the low beam and maybe extreme vision on high beams

Most Viewed